“A Nice Meal”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Selborn Lane
“A Nice Meal”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We enjoyed our meal and the service was very good. However, if you are seeking something a little extra special, think about The
Hill in town. Keep in mind, we were dining at a slow time of the season.

Visited March 2014

“Holy Fried Chicken!”
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We drove the 45 minutes from Atlanta to Serenbe for the fried chicken on Saturday. It did not disappoint. The restaurant is lovely and charming. The setting is beautiful. The whole Serenbe concept is really interesting. But the fried chicken - oh my! The entire meal was scrumptious starting with the biscuits. They reminded me of the ones my grandmother made every day of her life - light and fluffy inside and a little crispy on the outside. WOW! I had the fried green tomato appetizer and my husband had the salad. Both very good. The chicken arrived with sides of carrotts, cabbage and a rice & onion casserole. None of it sounded amazing on paper. But that was not the case. They were all really, really good. The rice & onion casserole was out of this world. I heard a lady at the next table ask the server about it. She said that she didn't even like rice and she wanted to "lick the plate." I had NO room for dessert but my husband perservered and got the apple crisp with ice cream. The apple crisp could have been warmer but my bite of it was good. We thought the service was just right. We will absolutley return. There are several cute little stores in the village of Serenbe. I loved one called The Greenhouse. She has lots of fun, interesting things at very fair prices.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Barbara C
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“NO GO”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Arrogant, disengaged management coupled with poor service and just OK food make this a "NO GO!" Don't waste your gas or time on what is purported to be "beloved recipes" in a "charming" atmosphere. Please, spare us the nauseating hyperbole.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Nani9512
Tampa, FL
“Thanksgiving Dinner”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Excellent food! I would of still paid more per person if I cooked it myself. Not to mention the time and energy I would of spent.

Visited November 2013
georgia
“Farm to Table rustic elegance”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Serenbe is a small 1,000 acre crafted community located about a 30 minutes south west of Atlanta's Hartsfield International airport. The Farmhouse is apart of the famous Inn on the property. It is one of Georgia's first premier farm to table dinning experiences.
My husband and I enjoy driving the 30 minutes from our home in Carrollton, Ga throughout the beautiful Chattahoochee Valley on our way to visit Serenbe as it is a lovely remaining rural area near the Atlanta area where one often sees deer, wild turkeys along with rolling hills and fertile farmland.
We normally dine at The Hill, another restaurant located in the community, but on this particular Saturday, the Hill was already booked. I opted to make a reservation at the Farmhouse.
We had not dined at the Farmhouse before in part because I really thought it was mainly for guests of the Inn or was either busy hosting large functions such as rehearsal dinners or wedding receptions. I am so happy we decided to give it a go.
The Farmhouse is indeed just that-- a white clappered sided old southern farm house. It is welcoming and inviting. The staff pleasantly greets and meets guest as they enter from the large covered porch through a screened door. The atmosphere is southern country chic with is most genuine--not put on or phony. We were seated out on the glassed in porch which overlooks a lovely southern rustic garden.
The wait staff is effiecient and very attenttive. We were offered water, bottled or tap and were served mini sour cream chive biscuists with fresh butter. The cocktail menu is extensive as it the wine list. Drinks are seasonal and reflect the growing season--I had a very autumn apple sour with fig mash. The menu is small and changes regularly. There was an offering of a salad made with greens grown there at the farm or an okra and corn chowder. The entree's consisted of Georgia fried shrimp served with a buttermilk based coleslaw and rice. A flat iron steak served with fresh kale and fingerling potatoes or a cheese soufflé. I had the shrimp and my husband ordered the steak. Both of which were very flavorful and cooked perfectly. The desert options were a homemade cherry tart or a fudge chocolate cake.
The only negative and it was not that big of a deal---as were were seated out on the porch and there are probably 8 tables located in the area---we were seated at a table right by a large family group celebrating some sort of anniversary. Whereas the family was obviously well to do, the three teenagers were a bit loud in their enjoyment of the evening---even as the mother continually shushed them as conversation leaned toward subject not appropriate for other tables to be subject to have listen to. This is a place that is more quiet and private---not a place for loud obnoxious parities.
I certainly hope to return soon as I hear the Southern fried chicken is a specialty. I told my husband this would be a lovely place to return to celebrate my birthday in November---hint hint...

• Visited October 2013