“Super Amish home cooking and service”

Oil Lamp Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 51 Restaurants in Perry
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Cuisines: American
Marietta, Georgia
“Super Amish home cooking and service”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Great home cooking served cafeteria style in a small nondescript building. Wonderful desserts. Not a cheap lunch, but certainly worth going there when visiting the area. Excellent way for conservative females to help support a family and provide a valuable service. I will go back when in the area

• Visited October 2013

virginia
“OUTSTANDING!!!!”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

The impression before I even got there was a great one! I called the restaurant 10 minutes before they closed. The person answering the phone told me, come on through!!!
Most restaurants would have said, we're closing, I've had it happen before with 30 minutes to spare. I got there and walking thru the doors, everyone was welcome to the Oil Lamp. It is a cafeteria style where your meal is plated before you. I was asked if I would like to try the special for the day. 2 whole catfish, 2 sides, bread/corn muffin and large drink, for $10.50! The catfish is cooked to order so it will take a little bit, but feel free to sit and we will get you your order.
When I got back to the hotel, short 5 minute drive. Dinner was Piping hot, one catfish would have been enough, but it was so good, I kept eating....I decided on cheese grits and fried okra. The cheese grits was.....perfect, OMG. The fried okra was average, keep in mind, this was bulk fried sitting in the warmer. When I return in 8 months.....I will definitely ask for fresh fried if possible or maybe venture on another side dish. As I sat waiting for the catfish to cook, every waitress that came by asked if I needed anything! My waitress kept letting me know, it will be out soon. Very friendly atmosphere from what I gathered. Highly recommend if you're driving thru perry, get there early!!! Worth it every penny!

• Visited June 2014
“Expensive Cafeteria Food”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

I would agree the food is OK but not worth the prices. Basic cafeteria set up with serving line. Carry your own tray to a table with plastic table cloth. Expect to pay $11 per person for $5 meal.

Canton, Georgia
“A little known quaint family owned restaurant”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This small family owned restaurant is a gem! You'd drive right by it...and if you don't stop..you'll be missing out on a great home cooked meal..cafeteria style as well as a daily special you can order from the grill.
Their homemade deserts are to die for, sweet tea is perfect and the employees are so friendly and you never have to ask for a thing. And you won't believe how reasonable the prices are.
When in Perry, I try to stop in at least twice, it's that good.

• Visited May 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“OK, not great”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Restaurant is cafeteria style, go through the line and select what you want to eat. Server was very helpful with suggestions. Husband had roast beef and it was OK, not great. I had catfish and we both thought it was really good. The sides were average, several were cool--not heated well. We went because the reviews were so good, we were surprised to find it average or less than.

Visited April 2014