“Great BBQ!”

Grillmaster
Ranked #2 of 54 Restaurants in Perry
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

New Mexico travelers in town for a rodeo. Highly recommend pulled pork sandwich/beans. Friendly staff, fresh high quality food!

Reviewed 9 April 2014

This restauarant's appeal is its closeness to the highway as an alternative to fast food. Overall the bbq options were good and the staff was friendly and quick. Nothing stood out however as great. I had the basic bbq sandwich and was surprised to find it chopped and not pulled. The signature bbq sauce was watery and while flavorful not all that appealing. The chicken half that I ordered for my son was dry and not all that well seasoned. All in all a step up from fast food so the rating here may be a little inflated since I appreciate the option (bbq at nearly the speed of fast food).

1  Thank A C R
Reviewed 25 March 2014

In town for the RV rally at the fairgrounds and this BBQ spot was right up the street from our hotel and highly recommended on Trip Advisor, so we stopped by. We couldn't decide which sides we wanted and the counter person said "be right back" and brought out samples of the collards and the potato salad. Such a friendly gesture and it sold us on both :) In fact the collards were so good we got an extra to-go container to bring home.

Good food, good service, good prices. Laid back and friendly. We'd definitely go back if we're in the area.

Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

Went here as a result of other TripAdvisor reviews. Not disappointed! Friendly little spot with wonderful food. We had both the BBQ pork plate and the ribs...both excellent! Would definitely go back!

1  Thank Robin W
Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

We're in town for the FMCA rally and found this to be the number one restaurant in Perry so of course we had to try it. I have the ribs, collard greens and coleslaw and all was very good until I put the barbecue sauce on my ribs. I'm from Texas and used to a thick semi sweet barbecue sauce. The sauce here is a runny vinegar based sauce. Not my favorite. My husband ordered the brisket, potato salad and bbq beans. He ate a few bites of brisket and the rest we hid under a napkin when we threw it away. It had no barbecue flavor and was very tough and chewy. I know brisket is new in Georgia so they'll just have to keep practicing. I'm sure we would have been very well off with the pulled pork but we are drawn to brisket.

Been to Grillmaster? Share your experiences!