“Great Smoked Chicken”

Grillmaster
Ranked #2 of 51 Restaurants in Perry
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Greenville, South Carolina
“Great Smoked Chicken”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

It's not fancy, but Grillmaster's has good food. I loved their smoked chicken, which is one-half of a chicken smoked to perfection. The smoke flavor penetrates the entire piece of chicken. It didn't need any barbeque sauce. My husband loves the ribs. Awesome potato salad, coleslaw, and baked beans with bits of pork. I tasted the pork but didn't care for it. I prefer plain pulled pork. Nice, friendly staff!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Wanda S

“Not worth the stop”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Just ate here and was very disappointed. My brother and I are big bbq lovers and wish we didn't stop here. Service was good but that may have been because the ribs were just re-heated. The ribs were dry as in not moist. Tasted like they were made yesterday. We should have known when we didn't see the smoker out back going. The sides were ok. If you add their sauce be prepared for a shot of vinegar. Not much body to the sauce at all.

• Visited August 2014
Albuquerque, NM
“Great BBQ!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

New Mexico travelers in town for a rodeo. Highly recommend pulled pork sandwich/beans. Friendly staff, fresh high quality food!

Smyrna, Georgia
“Good but not great BBQ”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This restauarant's appeal is its closeness to the highway as an alternative to fast food. Overall the bbq options were good and the staff was friendly and quick. Nothing stood out however as great. I had the basic bbq sandwich and was surprised to find it chopped and not pulled. The signature bbq sauce was watery and while flavorful not all that appealing. The chicken half that I ordered for my son was dry and not all that well seasoned. All in all a step up from fast food so the rating here may be a little inflated since I appreciate the option (bbq at nearly the speed of fast food).

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank A C R
United States
“Loved this little place!!”
Reviewed 25 March 2014

In town for the RV rally at the fairgrounds and this BBQ spot was right up the street from our hotel and highly recommended on Trip Advisor, so we stopped by. We couldn't decide which sides we wanted and the counter person said "be right back" and brought out samples of the collards and the potato salad. Such a friendly gesture and it sold us on both :) In fact the collards were so good we got an extra to-go container to bring home.

Good food, good service, good prices. Laid back and friendly. We'd definitely go back if we're in the area.

• Visited March 2014

Been to Grillmaster? Share your experiences!