“Dirty and Rude”

Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Perry
Atlanta, Georgia
“Dirty and Rude”
Reviewed 24 May 2012

My family and I stayed here for one night and the people who run this place are very rude and the room are nasty. Our first room smelled like smoke, the second had an odor as well, but I'm not real sure of what it was. In our second room the bed was full of black hair and when I ask for new sheets all I got was a serious attitude and she didn't want to give me new sheets and basically called me a liar. When she gave in to my request she only handed me the sheets and told me to bring the sheets with hair back to the front desk. Okay, I changed the sheets which by the way I didn't think that was my job considering that I was a guest and not an employee but just to have clean sheets and peace of mind I did it. When I took the sheet to the front desk I placed them on the front counter because she wasn't there and was walking away when she came around the corner and started in saying that the hair was from my dog (she didn’t even look at the sheets mind you)... our dog was in his cage before this point not the bed and he is brown not black like the hair on the sheets, and why would I want clean sheets if it was my dogs hair? Why would I go to the trouble of requesting and changing the sheets if it were my dog’s hair? So basically calling me a liar again... no apology just calling me a liar and that was my breaking point I had enough of the attitude from this lady so I told her that if a customer comes and has a complaint the proper way of handling it would be to say "I'm sorry, let me see what we can do to fix this" not make every excuse in the book and call your customer a liar. ”.

That aside the mattress was very hard (not a good night sleep at all) the room did have a flat screen TV, iron and blow-dryer that had its own moments. The rooms affected the allergies of 4 people in my family (we all stayed in different rooms and woke up with sore throats and stuffy noses and one with swollen eyes). Over all I would never consider staying in this place again. Check out the replies of the "manager" of this place, they never say they are in the wrong for anything and only blame the customer.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Perry, Georgia
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I'd have to say this is one of the cleanist motels i have every stayed at, and coming from me that means alot. I am generally a very picky person but this is one of the very few motels that i have found that actually please me. The rooms are nice and clean, and the staff is really friendly. I would most definitely recommend people to stay at this motel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ash k
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 18 March 2012

I agree it was quiet and pleasantly very clean, which is most important to me. But the breakfast room must have been 100 degrees and I never consider a breakfast good without protein. Also, the pool was green! What's up with that? I know it's still out of season, but that just looks wrong! I would give them the 4 stars it definitely deserves if the management would have honored their published rate on Expedia. They charged us $10 more when I could've just gone out to the car and booked on my iPad on Expedia! Don't ask me why I didn't do it then, hindsight is 20/20. Anyway, these were the managers and when management doesn't honor their marketing - I never go back, sorry. Where was this southern hospitality you Georgians brag about so much?

• Stayed March 2012
GA
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Stayed one night on our way home from Florida. Very clean, comfortable rooms and a great price - actually $40 less than the hotel right next door! The refrigerator and microwave were a nice surprise. Good selection for breakfast. We will make this a regular stop for future trips.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ldmilton
Springfield, Mo
Reviewed 8 January 2012

Pillow top mattress! I slept so well, I overslept. I got very good rest! The price was a little higher than I expected. It was still a good value considering clean room, good wifi, breakfast, good beds, flat panel tvs, and micro-fridge! I will stay again if I'm in the area.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank trekmiss
SC
Reviewed 29 December 2011

This Jameson Inn is great. The rooms are clean and comfortable. We were only there for one night, but it was a nice stay. The management were nice and helped suggest some good restaurant choices. The next time I'm in Perry, I will definitely stay at the Jameson if at all possible.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
perrysburg,oh
Reviewed 19 December 2011

I stayed at the hotel while I was on a business trip. The location was great and the rooms were even better. ( seems like brand new beds ). Very clean and cheap compared to other hotel, is way better than the other franchise hotel on that location. They have free WiFi, free breakfast, nice clean rooms, and a great staff. Overall, I Highly recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business