“Nice Room, Reasonable Rate and Very Helpful Staff”
Review of Jameson Inn Perry

Jameson Inn Perry
Ranked #14 of 24 Hotels in Perry
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Room was nice and clean with a refrigerator. Pool was a nice break on a very hot summer day. When the staff saw us walking they offered us a ride but restaurants are close and within easy walking distance. Staff went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed to make our stay comfortable and worry free.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 4 August 2013

Our recent stay in June was extremely disappointing!
I chose this property for a night’s stop on our way to Florida while traveling with our small dog. All I wanted was a dog friendly location and a room with a refrigerator to keep our dog’s food cold. Pretty reasonable expectations for a place that is supposed to be pet friendly!

The first problem was that there was no place to walk my dog, a Westie! The grass was as high as he was. It was tall enough that it had gone to seed. This made it really difficult for him to head natures call. I ended up walking him at Howard Johnsons, just across the street. (Maybe I’ll stay there next time?)

The next problem was that the Mini Fridge wasn’t cold! I had to make multiple trips to the ice machine to refill our cooler so that our dog’s food would not spoil.
“Our premium rooms include a mini-refrigerator and microwave.”

When I inquired about these issues at the desk, here’s what I was told.
The grass was high due to the recent rains. I guess this prevented it from being cut. When I was there, it was hot and dry! The grass had however been cut at the adjacent hotels and restaurants. Somehow they found a way to deal with this problem.
When I asked about the fridge, I was simply told that the knob to control the temperature “had been stolen” and the temperature could not be adjusted.
This problem as well could have been easily solved. I would bet they make replacement knobs. The mini fridge in the breakfast area had a control knob!

Then the next morning I asked for a USA Today and I was told there were none, “no papers for a while now”. But apparently not long enough to take this information out of the reservation information. A trivial problem, but an indication of how little they regard their guests.

I specifically wanted a room with a refrigerator to keep the dog food cold! Their web site suggests that there are “areas designated by Guest Services to walk your friend”, apparently this location had none.

In none of these situations was I offered any solution, just excuses.

According to their website, "Jameson Inns has a reputation for great customer satisfaction. We know what Southern Hospitality is all about and we live it everyday. In fact, Jameson Inn has been recognized nationally as the leading hotel brand in our segment for customer satisfaction." This must not apply in Perry, GA!
“It is our desire that every guest is completely satisfied with every visit. If an issue arises while staying with us, please immediately contact the hotel's General Manager so that we may properly address any concerns or problems you may have during your stay. Please give us the opportunity to correct any situation while you are still with us.” I tried this approach and you can see where it got me!

When I asked the local manager for a credit or discount, I was told that I had already received a discount, I got the AARP rate. So, it appears that if you pay less than the rack rate, you should expect to receive less for your stay there.

I contacted their corporate headquarters, they did not respond to my email or my phone calls.

Pass on the Jameson Inn in Perry!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank CosmoLakesidePark_Ky
Reviewed 1 July 2013

At first I thought the bed might be too hard, but I slept like a log and woke up feeling better than I have for years and I have a very bad back. The room was very clean. Ask for a bed as far from I-75 as possible because it is loud. The staff was friendly and made me and my dog feel welcome. I would DEFINITELY stay here again. It was a godsend, since the nearby La Quinta burned down two years ago (Garmin GPS apparently hadn't gotten the word!). I have no complaints for the money.

Room Tip: Keep away from the freeway side if possible.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Everything was clean, quiet, and stocked. Breakfast was great!

The only complaint we have is the king bed. It was a little to hard for our taste. Some people may like the firmness, though. I recommend the management upgrade their mattresses. It appears from the reviews prior to ours, this is a chief gripe.

For a hotel next to major freeway, it was quiet. Good solid walls and secure locks. We felt safe and enjoyed our time away for the evening. Thank you for accommodating us and the great service. We will return and recommend to others.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed 6 April 2013 via mobile

Not much to say, it was a place to lay our heads passing through. An average hotel for the value.

Would have enjoyed a heated/indoor pool. Breakfast was appropriate.

Room was clean and not musty smelling.

Check it out if passing through.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank jellibean_jo
Reviewed 3 March 2013

When I informed the "manager" of this, he was very very rude!! Also, booked a month out, King, Non-smoking. They gave us a smoking room that had been sprayed and sprayed with Orange-Glo. There were smoking burns in the recliner...a terrible smoke smell when it faded away. He told me a guest had "stolen" the non-smoking insignia that should have been outside by the door. VERY BAD EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Susie B
Reviewed 23 December 2012

Very basic hotel. Clean and tidy but a bit hard to find. Mattress very hard, pillows too big and fat. Breakfast is pretty basic. Worth about what we paid. Probably would not come back to this hotel. They need to have some signage on the road directing customers to the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple