See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 February 2008

This has become a low income resident hotel with grocery carts and outdoor grills in front of the rooms along with some of the room furniture. Truly disgusting and frightening.

• Stayed: January 2008
Reviewed 19 March 2007

Beware!!! Rude Totally unprofessional These people are as bad as it gets!!!! Because of other reviews and sources from other people, I called to cancel my one night stay. The manager yelled at me in a very threating tone. Every contact I had with the staff I got the impression that I was a bother and that they did not care if they got my business or not.

• Stayed: March 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 23 January 2007

I made reservations at this hotel several months prior to the Georgia Fair in 2006 - I canceled the reservations nine days prior to the check-in date, the proprietor of the hotel was extremely rude, and advised me that they had a seven day cancellation notice requirement, I replied it was nine days prior, he laughed and said we'd pay anyway and he hung up on me without providing any cancellation confirmation numbers - sure enough, the inappropriate charge appeared on my credit card. I'm disputing it now. BEWARE!!!

• Stayed: October 2006
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 23 June 2006

I love this hotel.. CHeapest yet clean.. Of course you are not going to compare it with Hilton when you are paying $37 a night..
I go from Atlanta to Perry 4 or 5 times a year and i ALWAYS stay @ Scottish Inn..

You gotta give it a try!!!

• Stayed: March 2006, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 April 2005

As much as I would like to rate the Scottish Inn excellent, I'm afraid to have to rank it as one of the worst and most discusting hotels I've ever been in. The only reason my party and I stayed there in the first place was because every hotel from Atlanta to that point was full and we needed to stop and rest before we got into Florida the next day. The Continental Breakfast that is so highly touted at this hotel consisted of individually wrapped packages of cheap knock off versions of honey buns. The room was without a clock, the smoke alarm battery had run out so the alarm "beeped" a loud and annoying sound every minute before we finally just took the battery out, as with the last review our remote was also taped back together with some classy chrome tape, the shower resembled more of a pressure washer with a shower head that was mounted around 4 feet high causing you to break your back for a shower. Of course the water was ice cold, that is a given. The ice machine was busted. There was mold growing all over the bathroom door, wall, and ceiling. The TV functioned well, in all honestly, and I was impressed with the wide range of channels. It seemed that there was a sheet shortage at this certain hotel for our room as each bed only had 1 sheet so you were forced to freeze or sleep on the bare mattress and cover up. We were privelaged to have a refrigerator, too bad it did not work at all. The door had a large gap between it and the frame causing a lot of sound and light to come through the doorway. This hotel is only for the desperate. If you can't drive anymore or can't find a room anywhere else, you can make do with it, but I recomend that you keep driving. The rate wasn't even cheap, 65 for a night. I am curious to what there "Suite" is and how it ranks with the regular 2 bed room..

• Stayed: March 2005