“Ye Old Scottish Inn”

Ranked #19 of 24 Hotels in Perry
A TripAdvisor Member
“Ye Old Scottish Inn”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2005

As much as I would like to rate the Scottish Inn excellent, I'm afraid to have to rank it as one of the worst and most discusting hotels I've ever been in. The only reason my party and I stayed there in the first place was because every hotel from Atlanta to that point was full and we needed to stop and rest before we got into Florida the next day. The Continental Breakfast that is so highly touted at this hotel consisted of individually wrapped packages of cheap knock off versions of honey buns. The room was without a clock, the smoke alarm battery had run out so the alarm "beeped" a loud and annoying sound every minute before we finally just took the battery out, as with the last review our remote was also taped back together with some classy chrome tape, the shower resembled more of a pressure washer with a shower head that was mounted around 4 feet high causing you to break your back for a shower. Of course the water was ice cold, that is a given. The ice machine was busted. There was mold growing all over the bathroom door, wall, and ceiling. The TV functioned well, in all honestly, and I was impressed with the wide range of channels. It seemed that there was a sheet shortage at this certain hotel for our room as each bed only had 1 sheet so you were forced to freeze or sleep on the bare mattress and cover up. We were privelaged to have a refrigerator, too bad it did not work at all. The door had a large gap between it and the frame causing a lot of sound and light to come through the doorway. This hotel is only for the desperate. If you can't drive anymore or can't find a room anywhere else, you can make do with it, but I recomend that you keep driving. The rate wasn't even cheap, 65 for a night. I am curious to what there "Suite" is and how it ranks with the regular 2 bed room..

• Stayed March 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2004

I am trying to find the official site for Scottish Inns to no avail. I wanted to let the Corporate officials know how terrible this Inn is. Things promised on the website are unheard of, ie: coffeemaker and alarm clock in room. Unbelievably, they have NO blankets; you get a sheet and a bedspread per bed. I had to beg the mgr to "steal a bedspread from another room " for my elderly mother's bed!! The TV remote was taped together to hold the batteries in. Instead of putting a hold on my credit card, I had to guess how many nights I wanted charged and then had to get a credit to my card for un-used nights. (Tough to guess when running from a hurricane).Pets are welcome but the grounds are LOADED with huge ant mounds. We stayed one night, found another hotel and took our showers in a clean bath.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Perry hotels