“RUN AWAY FAST”
Review of EconoLodge

EconoLodge
Ranked #7 of 24 Hotels in Perry
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our way home from Florida. Just needed a place to rest our head for a few hours and checked in around midnight. The first room smelled so bad I started to wheeze after 30 minutes. I went to desk to complain and then tried second room which would not open it was locked from the inside. The third room had bugs crawling on the walls and smelled like smoke, and the fourth room which we finally settled on because by this point was 1am was still unacceptable. I have been home three days now and it appears we have brought home lice from the horrible experience. Oh, and my kids were thirsty in the morning so I thought maybe at least a carton of milk would be acceptable(free breakfast advertised). In the breakfast room was 2 pieces of stale bread, 1 donut, and in the dirty fridge was a gallon of milk with about a half of cup left in it. OMG! What a nightmare

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
econolperry2, Manager at EconoLodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

dear valued customer , thank you for staying with us .we will serve you better in future.thank you again

There are newer reviews for EconoLodge

Reviewed 31 July 2013

A group of us out playing a game that brought us to this area and instead of traveling back to Fl that evening we needed a place to sleep after reading reviews of hotels in the area we chose this one. We were glad we did, Arrival staff worked to make our rooms close to each other, room clean, cool, and comfortable. This room had been renovated recently. breakfast was adequate to start our day on the trip home. It is rated average as this is what I expect to get in this class of hotel with good management at the price I paid.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 26 May 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights May 9 & 10th, 2013. These were free nights from the Choice Privileges program. I was pleasantly greeted upon my arrival by a gentleman and they had a cold water dispenser in the lobby. While unloading another worker noticed and propped the exterior door open for me. It is a dated hotel, towels a bit thin, bed & pillows very comfortable, good water pressure for shower & the room was roomy. Everything in my room worked properly. It smelled fine. Back sliding door opened to enclosed pool and large grassy area to easily potty dogs. Dog people, please crate your dogs when not in your room! I've stayed at 2 other locations in the same area. I will stay here again!

Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 10 May 2013

I plan to file a formal complaint for these reasons. The first hotel room was okay ( #123) but not what I expected for a newly renovated room. Bath towers and bath clothes worn. Bed sheets and and worn, but there was a nice bed spread. After about two hours of watching TV. there was a strange sound coming from the TV then smoke & strong fumes like an electrical fire consumed the room). I called the front office. (Had to prop the door open and stand in the hallway because the smell was so strong. Called the front desk for assistance, about 10 min later someone showed up to check out the problem. The guy that checked out the room called the front to provide the update in his native language. (He did not unplug the TV). I was moved next door. This room was not the show case room I had just left. It was in ill repair. Bed linen was old and dingy, one pillow had holes in it. The old/ugly worn bed spread was probably from the 50's and did not match anything in the room. The baseboard on the right side of the door that led into the room I moved from was rotten and in need of repair. The carpet was old. The next morning I needed to check out before 7:30 am. I attempted to take a quick shower about 6:45 am. The shower would not come on. ( I left the hotel without getting a shower). I went to the front office to complain. The female clerk became loud, rude and nasty with me when I asked for a refund. (Because the the sign out front said welcome newly renovated rooms I expected better.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Scottie S

Reviewed 24 March 2013

We stopped here recently while returning from Florida. We had been trying to get reservations by phone from Marriot but we were having no luck. It was late so I pulled off the highway to check out a Ramada, but came to the EconoLodge first.
AAA rated so I thought to try it. Good choice. Plain room, king sized, with refrig, microwave, TV. Only used the TV so I don't know if the others worked.
Decor kind of dated but Clean, comfortable, and Quiet. Slept great.
Breakfast included so we took advantage. OK breakfast.
I got in trouble for using too much waffle mix. It seems that the cups to use have a red line to fill to but I didn't notice. (No sign telling you this). Not too much of a mess but enough to get me in trouble with the desk cleck, cleaning lady. My wife took three bowls (by accident) and was called on it before she replaced them.
Several families staying there on their trip to DisneyWorld and points south so it was a good value for them.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 March 2013

This hotel was really nice and the rooms really clean. The price is a great deal too.
The staff was super friendly and made us feel welcome. Location is good. We will stay there again when
we travel back to Perry Ga.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 18 January 2013

The room is small, but there is a microwave and a fridge. Also, the back side patio door opens right to the back of our suv. Just an over nighter with the dogs...this is so convenient!! Price is great! $60's. Awesome.

Room Tip: Good value, very pet friendly
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family