“Outstanding service”

Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Perry
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
“Outstanding service”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

I booked this hotel for my elderly father who was doing his annual migration from Michigan to Florida. His wife, who is not well, forgot her hearing aid in the room. He called me two hours away and told me that they had forgotten it. I called the hotel, they assured me that it was no problem to ship it to my dad in FL. They went above and beyond. Could not have been nicer- Oh and my Dad said the hotel was very nice. Exceptionally clean, well appointed and they enjoyed a lovely breakfast before they set off to leave. I would highly recommend!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
econolperry2, Manager at EconoLodge, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
dear valued customer , thank you for staying with us .we will serve you better in future.thank you again

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Inverness, Florida, United States
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We have stayed here every Oct. for at least ten years when we go to the Ga. Nat'l. Fair. Econo Lodge is conveniently located and the last three years it has improved a lot thanks to the new
owners. The manager and employees are helpful and cheerful. Rooms are clean and comfortable, with very comfortable beds and pillows. The breakfast room is large and attractive, and I always enjoy the waffles. When we plan a trip I always call Choice Hotels first, and ask for an Econo Lodge, and after having stayed at Econos in several towns, the one in Perry, Ga., is one of two that I consider outstanding. We would like to see Diet Cokes refilled in the soda machine, as they have always been gone. We look forward to our stay at the Perry Econo in 2014, and for anyone who is thinking of going to the Ga. Nat'l Fair, it's a great fair.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
CONYERS
Reviewed 1 November 2013

My wife and I stayed while visiting the Georgia National Fair. Room was well kept and service was A-1.We have been going to the Fair for the past 15 years and this was one of my best stays. Renovations had been completed and facilities were well kept. When visiting the Fair in the future ,we will seek out lodging with Choice Privileges. I am a member of the Choice Hotels,and will continue to contact them for my reservations. Great Job ! I strongly recommend Econolodge to anyone going to South Georgia or to the National Fair.The Fair is a number one attraction in the US. Children are always welcome and eating places are all around within walking distance.The receptionist was very helpful and quick to help when I requested assistance. Entrance and exit from hotel was easy and short compared to other hotels.Thanks!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Unfortunately we have to stay here for the next 9 days while working at the Ga National Fair. This hotel is old and falling apart. The rooms smell awful, the towels have stains that look like urine. The sheets are yellowed bBC they are so old. The rug walking into the second floor is ripped and two people have tripped just since we arrived! Oh, and NO elevator. This place should be condemned. I am not normally disgusted by a "cheap" motel but this place is a disaster. :(

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank allymc126
econolperry2, Manager at EconoLodge, responded to this review, 23 January 2014

Travellers are raving about these Perry hotels

Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel on our way home from Florida. Just needed a place to rest our head for a few hours and checked in around midnight. The first room smelled so bad I started to wheeze after 30 minutes. I went to desk to complain and then tried second room which would not open it was locked from the inside. The third room had bugs crawling on the walls and smelled like smoke, and the fourth room which we finally settled on because by this point was 1am was still unacceptable. I have been home three days now and it appears we have brought home lice from the horrible experience. Oh, and my kids were thirsty in the morning so I thought maybe at least a carton of milk would be acceptable(free breakfast advertised). In the breakfast room was 2 pieces of stale bread, 1 donut, and in the dirty fridge was a gallon of milk with about a half of cup left in it. OMG! What a nightmare

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Ocoee, FL
Reviewed 31 July 2013

A group of us out playing a game that brought us to this area and instead of traveling back to Fl that evening we needed a place to sleep after reading reviews of hotels in the area we chose this one. We were glad we did, Arrival staff worked to make our rooms close to each other, room clean, cool, and comfortable. This room had been renovated recently. breakfast was adequate to start our day on the trip home. It is rated average as this is what I expect to get in this class of hotel with good management at the price I paid.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Davidson, North Carolina
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights May 9 & 10th, 2013. These were free nights from the Choice Privileges program. I was pleasantly greeted upon my arrival by a gentleman and they had a cold water dispenser in the lobby. While unloading another worker noticed and propped the exterior door open for me. It is a dated hotel, towels a bit thin, bed & pillows very comfortable, good water pressure for shower & the room was roomy. Everything in my room worked properly. It smelled fine. Back sliding door opened to enclosed pool and large grassy area to easily potty dogs. Dog people, please crate your dogs when not in your room! I've stayed at 2 other locations in the same area. I will stay here again!

Stayed May 2013, travelled solo