“So dingy.”
Review of EconoLodge

EconoLodge
Ranked #8 of 24 Hotels in Perry
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I only stayed there because all others were taken and I needed a place that allowed dogs as I was showing mine the next day. The bed was stiff, sheets had hairs on when I arrived, as well as the bathroom. There was no blanket, and the coffeemaker had only decaf coffee. The fridge would no open the door because of the slant on the floor so I had to prop the front up with a tray. I called front desk and asked for a blanket, as well as the coffee, and was told someone would be there soon - nobody still 1 h later, so I went to the front desk, there was a lady complaining about the room's mold smell and the staff person just told her it smells because she is in a smoking room... Not that he could be right but not the right way to treat a customer! Then I had to still wait in line as someone else was checking out as soon as they saw their room (not good I agree). I had to go get my own blanket in a storage room and I have donated much nicer blankets to the Salvation Army. Actually, I don't think that even a homeless person would take that as a blanket. It looked like a flimsy old piece of soft cardboard. Obviously not warm at all. Only good thing : I didn't see any bugs at all and they have a huge backyard/grassy area to walk the dogs, pretty clean. The bed was very stiff and so were the 2 only pillows. I was so tired that I stayed but really felt like the lady who checked out when she saw the room! Perry needs better hotels real bad, so many events there and very few that are available at those times and allow dogs.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere. Jameson Inn, HoJo, Ramada, not many others I'd recommend.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
econolperry2, Manager at EconoLodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Looks like an older Howard Johnson from the outside. And I mean old. Needs a lot of updating and repair. Room looked clean and saw no bugs when I checked beds. Towels were very thin and worn. Pool was closed for repairs but wasn't told until after I unpacked and asked for pool towels. Lobby looked new. Staff was helpful and friendly. Breakfast was sparse with only Belgium waffles and cold cereal. Coffee had to be made. Will not stay here again

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Sliding glass door didn't lock just a bar across it.Older tv. Room was clean but for the price for two day, could have been better.Air condition was not working at first.The breakfast was not good. Eat with my friends next door at the Ramada free breakfast with the room and cheaper

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Could use some TV upgrades but was worth the money. Staff was helpful. Conveniently located to the interstate, restaurants and area attractions. Would stay again and recommend this hotel to family/friends.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
econolperry2, Manager at EconoLodge, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

dear valued customer, thank you for your reviews. t.v. will be upgrade in couple month.thank you again for staying.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I was by myself, the staff made me feel very comfortable. The room was very comfortable. I just walked next door and had dinner. After 11 hours on road was so very pleased. I have sent several people their, since my stay. Thank you...

Room Tip: A great place to stop right off the interstate.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Annie V
econolperry2, Manager at EconoLodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

thank you very much anny for your honest review.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Although the hotel is an older one, it is exceptional. It is very clean, smells nice, and well kept. The rooms are large and everything is very comfortable. I can't say enough about how nice, helpful, and courteous the staff all are, including the owner. The free breakfast was very good and had lots to choose from including waffles. The breakfast room is large, well appointed, and the lady who oversees it is very friendly and helpful, truly a delight. I usually shy away from Econo Lodges, but this one is really nice. We also enjoyed the indoor pool while we were there and it was clean and well kept. The hotel is close to lots of restaurants and the interstate, just outside of downtown Perry. I also felt very safe and secure here, which is important to me. We were traveling as a family with kids and stayed three days. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling and looking for a budget friendly, yet nice friendly clean, place to stay in this area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
econolperry2, Manager at EconoLodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

dear valued customer,thank you for taking time and write a honest review about our hotel..

Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

The rooms were extremely clean and the staff was very curteous. We left my son's favorite pillow there, I called 2 weeks later (when I realized it) and they still had it there. Dee was so sweet and helpful. The manager called me directly to tell me that he was shipping it to me! Thank you all for such a great experience and making a boy extremely happy!!!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
econolperry2, Manager at EconoLodge, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

dear valued customer ,thank you very much for honest review.