“worth the price”

Ranked #9 of 24 Hotels in Perry
Kingsland GA
“worth the price”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed here again while at a dog show. Overall experience was fine for the price. Our door was difficult to open (room 132)& mold up on the ceiling above AC unit. Relatively clean. Needs some updating and a fan in the bathroom would be nice. Staff was nice on check in and out. However, when i called to confirm, Dee hung up on me in the middle of a question. Nice big grassy area (needed mowing) for dogs. Pool was decent, disappointed the hot tub had no water. Pool area was never locked and the breakfast was terrible. stale donuts and bagels and no cream cheese for the bagels.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
econolperry2, Manager at EconoLodge, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
hello dear valued customer, thank you for staying with us and thank you for sharing you experience about hotel. we will take care in future what ever is your disappointment. we permanently close hot tub. in bath room we donot have fan but we have big pull up air thing.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
California Desert, California
Reviewed 6 August 2014

but it's clean, convenient and affordable. The beds were comfy. The staff friendly. The room was clean. There are amenities such as a fridge and a microwave. We enjoyed both nights (two separate visits) we stayed there and will probably be booking again on our next visit.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
econolperry2, Manager at EconoLodge, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
hello dear valued customer, thank you for your honest review. thank you for your business.i will try my best to serve you better in future.
Glenmoore, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I arrived at this hotel based on it's location and wonderful price. When I ran into some very bad financial luck (expensive vehicle repairs), the owner offered me an excellent discount. This hotel owner has demonstrated very empathetic kindness.

In regards to the premises, the bedrooms and bathrooms are clean and offer every amenity needed. The rooms have really effective AC, hot water, and are spacious.

This location also offers a pool and free basic breakfast. This EconoLodge will remain fondly in my memories.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
econolperry2, Manager at EconoLodge, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
hello dear valued customer ,thank you for honest review.
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I enjoyed my stay. The staff were warm and friendly and it was not the usual "customer service" put on - they were genuinely friendly people. I am a disabled veteran who has back and hip problems and the queen sized bed was very comfortable. The room was spacious and although the windows faced east, the room had black-out curtains. The outside was not great to look at, but it is under construction and the owner is making efforts to improve it. The free breakfast was fresh and the price was less than I expected. I would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
econolodge385, Manager at EconoLodge, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear valued customer, thank you for staying in our hotel and thank you for honest review . Also thank you for business. Give. Us a chance to serve you. Better in future.
Victoria, Texas
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We were there for 3 nights for a dog show. It was clean, thin towels, OK breakfast and for sure an older hotel. Such a hard working family owned it and there is a lot to be said about that. A lot of great grass, you can pull up to the back sliding door in the back for easy unloading and loading. I left my toiletries on the back of the door in my room and they were returned to me promptly. And an Applebee's right next door that you can walk to. Plenty of parking and big spaces. Would I stay here again? You bet I would.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
econolperry2, Manager at EconoLodge, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
dear valued customer ,thank you for honest review . and we will serve yiu better with quality towels.
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I only stayed there because all others were taken and I needed a place that allowed dogs as I was showing mine the next day. The bed was stiff, sheets had hairs on when I arrived, as well as the bathroom. There was no blanket, and the coffeemaker had only decaf coffee. The fridge would no open the door because of the slant on the floor so I had to prop the front up with a tray. I called front desk and asked for a blanket, as well as the coffee, and was told someone would be there soon - nobody still 1 h later, so I went to the front desk, there was a lady complaining about the room's mold smell and the staff person just told her it smells because she is in a smoking room... Not that he could be right but not the right way to treat a customer! Then I had to still wait in line as someone else was checking out as soon as they saw their room (not good I agree). I had to go get my own blanket in a storage room and I have donated much nicer blankets to the Salvation Army. Actually, I don't think that even a homeless person would take that as a blanket. It looked like a flimsy old piece of soft cardboard. Obviously not warm at all. Only good thing : I didn't see any bugs at all and they have a huge backyard/grassy area to walk the dogs, pretty clean. The bed was very stiff and so were the 2 only pillows. I was so tired that I stayed but really felt like the lady who checked out when she saw the room! Perry needs better hotels real bad, so many events there and very few that are available at those times and allow dogs.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere. Jameson Inn, HoJo, Ramada, not many others I'd recommend.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
econolperry2, Manager at EconoLodge, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
dear valued customer,thank you for staying.we will serve you better in future.

Travellers are raving about these Perry hotels

Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

Looks like an older Howard Johnson from the outside. And I mean old. Needs a lot of updating and repair. Room looked clean and saw no bugs when I checked beds. Towels were very thin and worn. Pool was closed for repairs but wasn't told until after I unpacked and asked for pool towels. Lobby looked new. Staff was helpful and friendly. Breakfast was sparse with only Belgium waffles and cold cereal. Coffee had to be made. Will not stay here again

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
econolperry2, Manager at EconoLodge, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
dear valued customer,thank you for staying.we will serve you better in future.