“Good, but pricey for sandwiches and potato chips”
Review of The Perfect Pear

The Perfect Pear
Ranked #4 of 51 Restaurants in Perry
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The food was good, but I paid $50 for a crab dip, two sandwiches with chips, a piece of pie, a sweet tea and a water. We ran out of the toasted bread for the dip, and I had to pay extra for a few Ritz crackers.

2  Thank Angela M
There are newer reviews for The Perfect Pear

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The atmosphere is nice...white tablecloths and flowers on all the tables...the employees were friendly. I had the grilled pimento cheese on sourdough bread. There was bacon on the sandwich and The cheese and bread were both delicious. However, the bread had been buttered way too much so it had a greasy taste. Creme Brûlée was good, but $7 for a dish of custard was too pricy. You didn't know prices of the dessert, because they weren't listed on the menu.

1  Thank Jean J
Reviewed 20 July 2014

The little town of Perry has a great find that serves food that is not all fried and unhealthy! Four of us had dinner here and we were all pleased with our selections: shrimp and grits (tasty but the shrimp were VERY small), Greek salad, Perfect Mac and cheese, and crab cakes (special of the day). I had a nice glass of wine, but the beer selection was extremely limited. Service was nice. Our bill, was $135 - four meals, one glass of wine, one beer, two desserts, tax and tip.

2  Thank Kristine Y
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I eat here several times a month. The food is always excellent. The owner and her staff are very friendly and the service is superb.
I have been to several parties/receptions that the owner catered and she does an excellent job at that as well.

1  Thank aysholder
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

The pear is my all time favorite! Megan catered my wedding, and all it took was the tasting to finalize the menu before I was hooked! Her cooking is unmatched in the area! I was able to do a cocktail hour with hor dourves, bridal suite goodies, three, I repeat, THREE meat selections, vegetables, pasta, salad bar bread and drinks for $20/head. I had a higher budget for food because I was married at 6:30 on a Friday and knew my guest would be hungry after work, but I received such great quality and quantity of food, and cannot believe how reasonable the pricing was in the end with all things considered. I still get compliments on my menu, over a year later. The best part is the pear is open mon-wed for both lunch and now dinner, which is great for those of us who don't work in the perry area, but enjoy their dining experience. I wish there were an outside dining area to enjoy beautiful Carroll street, but other than that, wouldn't change a thing! I suggest the filet mignon and macaroni with asparagus, and the crab dip!

2  Thank JoMo413

Been to The Perfect Pear? Share your experiences!