“Needs housekeeping”

Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Perry
Mauk, Georgia
“Needs housekeeping”
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Ok we just checked in and I was so far very impressed thinking this was the best HIE I have ever stayed at anywhere in the country. Then I looked at the tub it had a hair, a black marks, red dried spots in the tub. The safety handle on the tub was missing the top cap leaving sharp screws exposed where you could cut yourself. The person at the desk did offer to let us change rooms but we were exhausted from driving hours. I appreciated the offer and that they were going to follow up with this issue. Except for that one problem this hotel was beautiful and comfortable.

Stayed March 2014
1 Thank chloeVermont
Rapunzel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Dear Traveler,
I appreciate the review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service in our housekeeping department. I have addressed these issues with our staff. The next time you are in the area we would love to have you come back and witness how we have improved in this area. Thank you once again for your comments!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Loganville, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Only open 3 weeks when we stayed, the rooms are beautiful. A few minor glitches to be expected with a new property, I expect they'll be quickly ironed out. We stayed in a suite and it was great. 2 big TVs, lovely seating area and the couch was a fold out, so this room would easily sleep 6. The bathroom was huge. There is a kitchenette with sink, microwave and fridge. They have a free breakfast bar and it was very good. Will definitely stay here again! And important to me, they are pet friendly.

Room Tip: Go for the suite, especially if you have kids with you
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Judie B
Rapunzel M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Our team members are working harder than ever to deliver the exceptional service you have come to expect and appreciate your thoughtful comments! We look forward to your next visit. Thank you for such a nice review.
Newnan, Georgia
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Leaving Atlanta area before ice storm hit on Tuesday, Feb 11, drove to Perry and saw that they had a new Holiday Inn. We pulled in and they had a room. Check-in was easy. When we got to the room, husband checked around, found an old soap in shower soap dish and needed towels. called the front desk and they apologized and said they would bring them up when they could. So I volunteered to come down and get them. Other than that the room was roomy and clean. Breakfast the next morning was good. Check out was easy and then we hit the road.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nancy J
I am concerned about the problem you encountered at our hotel during your recent visit. I’m writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. Be assured that the issues you have raised have been addressed and that appropriate action has been taken. We hope that you will give us another chance in the future. We want each of our guests to feel at home with us. We are pleased that you had a good night sleep and enjoyed our breakfast. Please accept my sincere apology. Once again I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concern with us. We look forward to serving you in the future.