“Bad experience”

Days Inn Perry Near Fairgrounds
Ranked #23 of 24 Hotels in Perry

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Perry, Georgia
Reviewed 25 July 2014

This place is old from the 70's with a cheap make over. They painted the counter top and chrome drain. Furniture new but very cheap. One good thing the beds were clean and comfortable. Tile in bathroom disgusting, AC unit old and slow, old style TV with only basic cable, remote did not work, Staff friendly but untrained, So called hot breakfast was really cheap sausage patties and plain bread, pancake maker broken, coffee tasted like toilet water, no one next door but could people 2 rooms away. There are much better places for the same or less, Pays to shop.
7/25/2014

Room Tip: Shop online or hotel discount books
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tim l
Heather M, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Perry Near Fairgrounds, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
On behalf of the entire staff of the Days Inn of Perry I would like to apologize that you didn't find your stay with us enjoyable. We are continuously renovating and updating all of our rooms. My staff has be notified and has been retrained on the things they were unaware of. I do apologize again.
California
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

I booked my room thru price line. It was to include a refidgerator & microwave, hot breakfast. I stopped & got snacks & drinks for my week stay. Upon entering my room I noticed that there wasn't a fridge or microwave. I asked the front desk about it & was told that the day manager would have to take Care of it when she came on the next morning. I would have put my groceries on ice for the night. I went to get ice from the 1 ice machine was broken. I called the front desk& was told to walk over to the Ramada next door & used theirs. The next morning we went to have the free hot breakfast. It consisted of rubbery sausage links, cold cereal with a gallon of milk, white bread & a pancake machine. I asked if they have fruit or yogurt & was told by the front desk clerk ( the same one as the night before) "I don't usually work breakfast but I think we ran out". By the time we finished our delicious filing breakfast the day manager had arrived. I inquired about the refrigerator & microwave & was told that one would have to be found. Hours later, still no fridge or microwave. As I walked to get ice next door I peeked in an available rooms window & saw s refrigerator & microwave. I called the front desk & told them about my find. A few hours later it was delivered. On our second day there I had to call the front desk to request our room be cleaned. This hotel was horrible.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Heather M, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Perry Near Fairgrounds, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
I want to apologize on my behave for the inconvenience while you were staying at our hotel, I can assure you that my staff has been talked to and has be re trained, I don't know what took so long for you to get a fridge but, my staff knows now where to find them. Thank you for taking the time to write , I again do apologize and I can assure you things have been fixed.

Travellers are raving about these Perry hotels

Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Crystal (manager) and Julie (housekeeper) have always made my stay feel just like home we come and stay at their establishment. Every time my family and I come to visit my grandmother. When we have our family reunion in the fall we plan to make the Days Inn of Perry the place my family members will stay at. I would have gave a 5 star rating but the properties' maintenance was not a good one so he was the only reason that I did not give the rating that truly should have been given, but Crystal and the housekeeping staff really made my stay an excellent one. See y'all in the fall.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
I do want to apologize that your stay with us had issues, Our maintenance staff has been notified and we are working on fixing the things that need fixing around here. On another hand I am very happy that our staff was well to you and made your stay feel at home and we sure hope to see you all again soon.