“Love the atmosphere!”

Ranked #1 of 51 Restaurants in Perry
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Swanson is a quaint restaurant inside a historic home in downtown Perry. Our specialty is classic Southern homestyle cuisine. We do not offer reservations, however, we do offer call-ahead seating. If you utilize call-ahead seating, once your entire party arrives at The Swanson, you are placed at the top of the waiting list directly behind any other call-ahead groups that have arrived before you. If you would like to reserve one of our dining rooms for a special event, please contact one of our managers. In order to reserve a room you must sign a contract, pay a deposit and guarantee sales. Our managers will gladly share these details with you.
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Visited this establishment a few weeks ago and had the greatest experience ever! I can't recall my servers name she was a short blonde girl! She had a sweet bubbly personality! I got the pot roast and it was the best I've had in a while! Do visit!

2  Thank Rebecca N

Reviewed 31 July 2014

This restaurant is situated in a 200+ year old house. The waiters/waitresses make you feel very welcome and are always there to help. First they serve you these tiny, buttery, home made biscuits that are delicious. I had the roast chicken, mashed potatoes with gravy, cornbread stuffing and squash casserole. My friend has the fried chicken and was informed it could take up to 15 min. because it's cooked to order. The French fries are hand cut. I was hoping I'd have room for the bread pudding, but you get a lot. All this, with drink, came to $21.

1  Thank Gail L
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Great fried chicken and if you leave here hungry their is something wrong the service and prices are great this is the best around not far of 75

1  Thank Ronald E
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The Swanson House is very good! I order the meatloaf and it is some of the best. Coming from a household where southern food is cooked almost every night this met my standards! The icing on the cake is the little biscuits you are served just before the meal. It is so quaint situated in the beautiful home. I am happy I only live thirty minutes way!

1  Thank Lia B
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We visited The Swanson traveling to Florida in June. My son actually found it on an internet search. We are THOROUGLY PLEASED with his discovery! The restaurant is in a sweet small town in an old home. We had fried okra as an appetizer with a horseradish dipping sauce and it was delicious! Also, we had to try the collard green soup and it was SO yummy! The service was excellent, the food was delicious and fresh and the iced tea was good too! it was a very pleasant dining experience and we will visit again when we are close!

4  Thank Julie F