“Average Hotel”

Quality Inn National Fairgrounds Area
Ranked #17 of 23 Hotels in Perry
Reviewed 27 July 2012

The room was a decent size. The hotel is a bit dated. Check in was quick. The beds were comfortable. The only issue I had was the smell in the room, which I assume is from pets. TVs have not been upgraded to flat screens like most hotels. The stay was ok for one night.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Ms T
QualityInnPerry, Manager at Quality Inn National Fairgrounds Area, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2012

Dear Guest,

I am concerned about the problems you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit. I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention. We acknowledge that we need to improve our overall hotel property but we currently having business financial problems therefore we unable to make any improvements to hotel property.

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guest are taken very seriously. They tell us what we are doing right, what we are doing wrong, and how we can improve. You willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Please be assured that the issues your have raised have been addressed, and the appropriate action has been taken. Please accept our deepest apology for any inconvenience that may have caused.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.

Reviewed 17 July 2012

Very nice stay at this hotel. Check in was efficient and friendly. The room was big and comfortable and the huge grassy area was great to potty the dogs. They do charge a pet fee, Check out was efficient and friendly. Lots of places to eat close by. I felt safe at this hotel and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

Dear Guest:

On behalf of out hotel staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your kind words.

We accommodate many guest each evening, and we strive to make night's stay a satisfying one. We strive to provide the best customer service possible to our guest at all times. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Again, let me thank you for your kind words. We're committed to total guest satisfication, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 17 June 2012

Would definitely stop again. Great value for money, particularly when travelling with a dog.
The bed was comfortable and it was nice to be able to relax on the sofa after a long drive. The bathroom did need to be tidied up and the toilet seat should have been replaced as it was stained.
The continental breakfast would have been better if the one lady in charge had been faster to top-up the coffee, eggs etc. Also there was not enough seating available as some guests had to stand to eat. This was a Saturday morning but they should have been better prepared for the rush.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank purdey486

Dear Guest:

Reviewed 2 June 2012

i've stayed at this hotel probably 12 times since the first of the year. the front desk clerk is wonderful. the rooms are clean. i'm a female with a pet traveling alone and have always felt safe at this hotel. restuarants a very close. can't ask for much more. breakfast is the typical hotel menu. this is my halfway point from north carolina to florida. it's like stopping at a friend's place on the way. and for the price you can't beat it. can't understand anyone complaining. by the way, i usually check in late afternoon so i don't know what happens late at night for check in. if you're on an interstate expect security measures. thank goodness.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank freckles0509
Reviewed 1 June 2012 via mobile

One my stay on way back to TN from FL. Check in was interesting. Woman was wearing a sports hoodie,lobby was locked,check in was behind a bullet proof glass. I asked her, Uhm is this not a safe area? Why would you ask? She said. Uhm, bc ure behind a bullet proof glass. Her reply, oh no, its just an old hotel. Oooohhh I see, that explains it....the beds were comfy but rest of room, no. We couldn't take showers bc the ceiling seemed to be falling apart plus shower and tub was filthy. Cobwebs in corners of room, stains on walls. We barricaded ourselves in for the night, didn't feel safe at all. wouldn't recommend wouldn't stay again

• Stayed: June 2012
QualityInnPerry, Manager at Quality Inn National Fairgrounds Area, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2013

Dear Guest,

Reviewed 31 May 2012

I was in Perry for a dog show and needed pet-friendly. Room was clean enough, breakfast adequate. I wasn't expecting fancy for the price I paid.
Only complaint was that the male Housekeeping staff tried to enter my room @ 8:30 on the morning I was checking out. One quick knock at the door to which I didn't respond fast enough (I was in the shower), and then they tried to come in! Thank God I had the chain on the door.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank PattyHNashville_TN
Reviewed 12 May 2012

Stopped here for just an overnight stay and was very impressed. They have a very nice pool and hot tub. Room was very roomy-two queen beds-and very clean. Breakfast consisted of cereal, hard boiled eggs, sausage, and waffles. For the price it was a great deal! I would highly recommend it for travelers of any age.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family