“Pleasant Stop”

Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Perry
New Albany, Indiana
“Pleasant Stop”
Reviewed 21 February 2013

A large Group stayed at the Comfoort Inn in Perry Georgia. We found the rooms to be very large and clean. The bedding was updated and clean. The towels were a little small,but it was nice having the sink separate from the shower. Each room had a microwave and minifridge. The indoor pool and hot tub were delightful. They also had a fitness room and sauna. The breakfast in the morning was generous with eggs, sausage, biscuits, cereal, waffles, fruit and drinks. It is a very nice stop for families and others. Cracker Barrel is within walking distance.The only thing that I did not like was the stairs that are located outside the building. If you didn't want to use the one elevator you had the go outside and use your key to get back. (A little strange.)

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Phyllis W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Joliet, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 5 February 2013

We saw the bad reviews on Tripadvisor, but we were exhausted and thought we would give it a try. My first clue should've been the giant clock in the entry way. When I looked at the time it was an hour behind. When I questioned the girl at the front desk she said "Oh, they haven't change that hasn't since November". If you can't bother to change the gigantic clock in your main entrance, what else don't you bother to do. Well, I found out. We checked in around 11PM and the only room left was a smoking room. We decided we could get past the smell and just get a quick nights sleep. After checking out our room, we realized that we had an outside door that led to the back parking lot (creepy) and the room was filthy. Spiders in the bathroom and a smashed cockroach on the wall. The microwave was filthy and disgusting. I went back to the front desk and told her we couldn't stay. She was apologetic and polite. My skin was crawling for about an hour after leaving there. We got back in the car and drove the extra 10 minutes to the Comfort Suites in Byron (which is beautiful and clean!).

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Noreen C

Travellers are raving about these Perry hotels

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 31 January 2013

Extremely large room. We had a suite. Very clean. Carpets though out the hotel appeared new and clean. Free breakfast buffet was plentiful with much variety. Staff was courteous and helpful. Only problem was where the flat screen TV was placed on the wall. It could be seen from both bedroom and living room area but I would have preferred it to be in one or the other.

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the front of the building. I was able to get this suite for 12000 Choice Pr...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Inman, SC
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I was in the area for business and spent two nights at this motel. The grounds, outside of the building, and lobby are very nice. The rooms are very basic. The bedding appeared worn out and the bed sagged. The carpet was pulling away at the thresholds and doorways. The bathroom had only minimal towels & wash cloths. The shower had poor water pressure. The staff was friendly on check in. The rooms and common area was clean. Breakfast was your average motel fair with Sausage, egg patties, and waffles.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Luco57
statesboro
Reviewed 21 January 2013

I made reservations to stay at this motel 4 days in advance, we had driven about 7 hours that day and had been to a funeral vistation earlier that evening to say the least we were worn out we got at the Hotel at about 10:00 that night when we got to our room we found out to our surprise there was no frig, mirco oven no phone and the fire alarm was hanging from the ceiling. I went down to the desk and talked to the person that was working that shift. She was very helpful and helped us out. She said her boss would be in the morning and I should talked to her. This is well the bad experience comes in I talked to her in the morning it was almost like she was ready for me. She was condesending rude and told me that it was my fault. I will never never stay there again. The owner was more interested in getting rid of the roaches they have there yes roaches. Do not stay at that motel.

Room Tip: Ask and see the rooms in advance.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank steve c
Columbia City IN
Reviewed 10 November 2012

This hotel was clean and quiet and low priced ($76.00 with tax for a king bed). Bed was comfortable. The tv reception was poor on local channels, but had free hbo.

There were very few electrical outlets available for charging our electronics and an extension cord was behind the headboard connecting the one light, which I a not sure might be a violation of fire codes.

They only gave us two very small bath towels.

Breakfast was the usual fare...waffles, sausage,cereal, pastries, fruit...included in the price.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Debbie W
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Don't let the main area & hallway think it's nice & remolded! When you walk into your "suite" it was not like the main areas at all. I got the queen suite with 2 rooms & it was gross!! A hole in the wall,the book you have at the desk all scribbled in, curtain has stains on it, hole in the curtain also. Kitchen outside cupboards dirty filth on them & in. What is the nastiest that a live bug was crawling on the bed!! I have pictures of all this so I will be forwarding to corporate, also we are diamond members & were treated like crap!

Room Tip: Don't stay here unless you want to selep with the bugs & filth!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family