“Good Location right next to I-75”

Ramada Perry Near Fairgrounds
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Perry
Paducah, KY
“Good Location right next to I-75”
Reviewed 3 March 2009

We've stayed there twice in the last month and I really don't have any complaints. The property is a typical older Holiday Inn that is beginning to show it's age. Our last room was very nice, much more so than the first. Therefore, there must be some remodeled rooms in the property. Due to bad knees I just can't do steps without great pain. I called and requested a downstairs room and felt like there were just not any available. The lady did finally give us a downstairs room. As we drove back to our room I noticed the parking lot was almost empty. What was the problem??????????. Anyway, we'll stay there again because is convenient and clean. Just don't be expecting a Marriott, it's not, it's an old Holiday Inn.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Reviewed 12 January 2009

The hotel is good for one night. The room comes with a free breakfast buffet, which has a good selection, but food quality isn't great. We have stayed here several times on our way to Florida. There is an Applebee's within walking distance where we typically eat dinner after checking in. However, we didn't eat there on this stay because the county has a law that no alcohol can be sold on Sundays. We had to drive a half hour north to Macon to find a restaurant where we could have a wine or beer with dinner. Next time we drive through on a Sunday, we will stay in Macon or drive further south to a less restrictive county.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — couldn't get wine or beer with dinner on Sunday
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Nashville TN
Reviewed 3 January 2009

We really like the Holiday Inn in Perry. We stay there each time we go to Florida and stay there on our return home. We have been staying there each trip (2 trips each year) for the past five years and the place gets better and nicer each time we visit. The rooms are clean, the bed is very comfy, and the shower is one of the best! We are experienced travelers and have stayed at many hotels/motels. We really look forward to staying at the Holiday Inn in Perry and we also always look forward to the free buffet breakfast at the Green Derby.
I also think that the price is really fair!

• Liked — Cleanliness, comfy bed, great shower and good service
  • Disliked — N/A
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Indiana
Reviewed 16 May 2007

My family and I stayed here on our way to Disney World. It was a little more than we wanted to pay a night, but it worked for us. Staff was very friendly and room was clean. I would stay here again.

Stayed May 2007
2 Thank melvin456
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 5 July 2006

I booked 6 rooms for a family funeral. I had booked my sisters room and my room for 3 nights.. Just after midnight on the 2nd night a black man was banging on our door and trying to get it opened. I did have the lock on and the change on the door. I called the front desk and ask if it was someone from the staff and she informed me that I had checked out and did not have that room for any longer that my. I informed her that I had the room for 3 nights. After having breakfast the next morning I went back to my room and the door would not work. When I returned to the desk she told me that it was my faught that I had put my cell phone in the same pocket as my phone and the phone earsed the card. I told her my card had been in my pants pocket all night and my cell phone in my purse. That it was not there faught it coulkd only be mine. They said don't easre your card. I beg to differ with them.
My sisters phone beeped all night until she got tired of it and unplugged it from the wall.

After returning from the funeral 3 of our 6 rooms could not open there rooms, they did bring room keys for everyone.

The only good thing I can sy for the hotel is that it is owned by a local man and they have a great hot breakfast bar. Out of the six rooms we booked no one will ever book there again.

Stayed July 2006
1 Thank bgray10569

Travellers are raving about these Perry hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 April 2006

For the money I would not stay here again. I thought this would be a nicer alternative to the other smaller motels in Perry. Wrong. The room was dingy, toilet and bathroom floor unclean. Service was not friendly. No refrigerator or microwave in room....had to request it, although it was listed as an amenity. The outdoor corridors and stairway were old, torn and scary. I could have saved some money and stayed at another motel for less and received the same or more in service and hospitality.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member