“Was not as bad as I expected it!”

Travelodge Perry GA
Ranked #4 of 24 Hotels in Perry
Reviewed 23 December 2013

When I booked for this hotel I was very skeptical about it! I stay at Hilton Hotels at a discounted rate unfortunately Hampton across the street was booked for the nights I needed. I traveled with my family so I was prepared for the worst. I took my Lysol disinfecting spray to be prepared. Before I let my children in the room I sprayed everything down.

As I was spraying the room down I started noticing that the room was not as bad as I expected it. Beds were very comfortable, bathrooms were clean (although the shower ceiling did have a couple of stains but wasn't bothering me), well vacuumed. It did look a little old fashion to me but I wasn't staying for the looks. Rooms had a microwave and fridge that was a plus! Room also had a flat screen tv with good channels I couldn't get the HBO channel though. Breakfast was a different story though. They only have mini powder donuts, cinnamon rolls, cereal, toast. Definitely would recommend have breakfast else where.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for travelers stopping by. Although if your skeptical bout it like I was or have no other choice but to book there like was take Lysol or always ask to see the room before paying for it.

Room Tip: had rooms 101 and 102 quieter and next to side exit
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Travelodge Perry GA

Reviewed 21 December 2013

The hotel just smells horrible like moth balls. The room clearly wasn't vacuumed, desk has something sticky on it, a bug even came from the curtains. The door was obnoxiously loud, being opened and slammed shut about every ten minutes. Lastly, the room service comes around in the AM to each room shouting "ROOM SERVICE!" Then quickly moves to the next room...HORRIBLE!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here before
its just ok

But in this occasion we arrived quite late in the evening and we were sent to the room we booked

we noticed hundreds of fleas in the room

hotel staff moved us to a second rroom it looked ok

we woke up this morning and we were all bitten

not sure if bed bugs or fleas although we did see some fleas this morning after we woke up

moving to another hotel

I know this is not an expensive hotel - but BUGS = Yuck

stay away until they have solved the problem

• Stayed: November 2013
Traveltrip100, Manager at Travelodge Perry GA, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

We appreciate your feedback concerning your stay with us. Our guest’s feedback is very important to us. On a monthly basis we have a pest control company that does come to our property to inspect and spray all rooms. While we did not find anything in the rooms you stayed in, as a precaution, we did put in a request for the pest company to come and inspect the rooms and spray if necessary. Most of all please know we always intend to provide our guests with an exceptional experience and service.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Curtis M
Reviewed 30 October 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Marjorie W
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I have never stayed at a Travelodge in all my travels and will not stay in one again. I travel alone and it was getting late so I pull off in Perry, Georgia and see the sign for Travelodge. The lobby looked clean, the price was good and the young lady behind the desk was very nice. I asked for a room on the first floor which she gave me. I go to my room and it is not as clean looking as the lobby. When I started to turn down the bed there were roach droppings on the spread, and pillows. I go back to the desk and she apologized and asked if I wanted a refund but I had taken my luggage in and was ready for bed. I said do you have a clean room. She moved me and the room looked the same except no evidence of bugs. It was the worse night I have ever spent in a hotel. The air conditioner was so loud every time it started I woke up but it was to warm to turn off. The shower had a leak in the hose and sprayed water in my face. Never, never again. When I checked out I then saw there were two hotels, Best Western and Hampton right across the street. I know they would have cost a little more but that would have been fine for a clean room and a good nights sleep.

Room Tip: Don't...........
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo