“very good”
Review of Relax Inn

Relax Inn
Ranked #20 of 24 Hotels in Perry
Reviewed 27 June 2013

hotel for the price they are asking, good location to the interstate, do not expect anything from the breakfast, but they have hot coffee. The place is in its years but clean and that is all I am asking for such a stay over.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 21 June 2013

From a safety point of view Relax Inn is good. I was able to park my car directly in front of my room (129), and the parking lot was well lit and I felt safe in the room and the area as well. It is next door to a gas station, but a small distance from 75, so relatively quiet (I could hear crickets with the tv off).
The decor of the room is old style and dated from the drapes to the smelly couch that doubles as a bed (smelled like too many baby diapers had been change on it! :( The bed linens smelled like chemicals. However, the bed was comfortable and nothing bit me, so that is a bonus.
The carpet was clean but it was bunched up in many places with air pockets so a potential trip hazard to sleepy person. Overall the room was clean and free of mold and bugs. The air conditioner worked properly.
The bathroom is very tiny, but the shower was hot and the water stream was excellent.
Please check for TP supply! Mine was down to the nubs of the roll, and no extra roll in sight. I am sure I could have retrieved some from the front desk, but I believe this necessity should be accounted for when room is cleaned.
There was a coffee pot in my room, but no plug-in where the coffe pot was placed. I had to plug it in to the hair dryer outlet on the other side. Also, in order to use my computer I had to unplug the lamp. Outlets seem to be sparse.
Breakfast was available. Waffles in plastic, apple and orange juice, bananas, a few nutri-grain bars, pastries, and muffins. I suppose coffee, but since there was only one 12 cup capacity coffee pot that was almost empty, i am not sure how that is to accomodate all of the hotel patrons.Breakfast is from 7-9 a.m.
The front desk staff is extremely courteous and that is a bonus I cannot overlook. The one ice machine was out of order, so the front desk person scooped out a bucket of ice for me.
I paid 69.00 witht the 10.00$ pet fee, so I did not expect a five star hotel. It was friendly and comfortable enough...just needs a few updates.
Oh,one more thing.... Waffle House and Cracker Barrell are very close

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Very pet friendly. Same exit as the fair grounds. Great place to walk dogs!! Nice and close to the fairgrounds. Makes it easy to run back and forth! Quiet, clean and the price was great!!! The dogs enjoyed the grass and I enjoyed them having pooper scoopers and trash cans available.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2013

We usually stay at another location but decided to try this out very bad decision not only was the price higher but the hot water never did get hot! Thin towels, rooms missing fixtures no convenient plugins and the bed really not comfortable tossed and turned could not get any rest! Got up with neck and back hurting. We did try out the breakfast it was better than some. One Ice machine for entire place. If not for the fast Internet would have been the worst visit ever, caution cannot recommend!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Reelstuff1
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Pros: Wi-Fi, heat.

Cons: They require you to show your driver's license and then they scan it into their system. A SCAM?? Shower water barely hot, towels should have been discarded as rags( not kidding!),no table nor desk, so the only level surface was one bedside table and the area near the sink. The TV was permanently attached to the only other level surface, and it would not swivel. It had clear reception but very few channels (no premium channels).

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jubileee123
Reviewed 18 February 2013

This is a return visit for us as we stayed here in 2012, too, on our way from WI to FL. It is a two story motel with steps on the outside. We were in a 1st floor, king-size bed room. Little details let you know that the owners care about your experience here: four pillows and a bolster, fan-folded washcloths, fridge and microwave hidden in a cabinet, WiFi. Everything clean and fresh smelling. Little things that might be annoying if you spent a long period of time there: the drain stopper in the sink didn't close so I used a wash cloth to block it while putting in my contacts, the shower controls are on the same side as the toilet so you need to squeeze (literally) between the two to reach the knobs. Breakfast was continental with two types of cereal, danish, apples, bananas, apple & orange juice. Bagels, waffles, etc could be heated in the toaster or microwave. They did have mini sausage sandwiches available for heating, too! For a senior price of around $50, Relax Inn was perfect for our needs!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 February 2013

We just stopped to sleep, but this place was cute. The room was cute. The bed was comfy. The TVs need a little updating, but nothing too drastic. The service was pleasant. I have no real complaints. We didn't get up in time for breakfast, so I don't know what was there. The rooms were clean. The towels were a little small. I'm a small person with a small frame and I was almost unable to wrap the towel around me. Other than that, the stay was nice and quiet for just one night. Would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple