“construction”

Ranked #5 of 24 Hotels in Perry
Riceville, United States
“construction”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

I think they should do the painting and construction when there are no guests there. i was given a room 2 rooms down from the hall way where they start painting when i was sleeping. I know is not the hampton inn it is only the franchisee of this location.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
South Barrington, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

Stayed here after a day of traveling from Chicago to Sanibel. The hotel is undergoing renovations which is great but I was very disappointed overall. When you stay at a Hampton Inn you expect a little more and that was not the case here. Our room had no microwave and no fridge which was unacceptable. We also had no hot water in our shower/tub but plenty in the bathroom sink. When we alerted the front end to these issues we were told they couldn't do anything about them. The beds were quite comfortable but each bed had a sticky note attached to the headboard stating the duvets were freshly laundered...I did feel this was a bit tacky.
I am a Hilton Honors member and honestly am second guessing that as I probably will not stay at this brand again. To me it all comes back to customer service and there was none at this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Perry hotels

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

I have stayed at Hampton Inns all across the country & have always been pleased with how they seemed to be uniform, good quality and clean. I am visiting the Perry area to bond with my siblings, stay out maybe a little too late & sleeping in. I made an online reservation for a smoking room. When we arrived, we were informed the hotel has been 100% non-smoking for a "while now". The hotel is also currently under construction, pardon our dust & such. I was woken from my uncomfortable, lumpy slumber by someone jackhammering tile off the wall in the room next door. I could have stayed home and been woken up rudely by my kids for free! Did I mention, it was 8 am local time, 7am according to my body clock. No in room fridge, no microwave, towels weren't replaced, just removed. When we complained to the front desk clerk, she said she could give us a discount for the night. This is the first hotel I have ever checked out early from & the discount was not applied in the final bill. I feel so burned by this experience, I will definitely think twice about automatically assuming all Hamptons are good quality. Moved across the street, got a fridge, microwave, indoor pool, and a smoking room for way less cash.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Christina D
Crossville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013

Although this hotel is currently under renovation, our room was already updated and comfortable. The lobby was all apart being renovated but the staff was extremely nice and welcoming. The hot breakfast was very good. There was a Longhorn restaurant next door and that was very good too. For a night on the road it was a great stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Tampa, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2013

I was not told prior to check in, that the hotel was being renovated, the place was a mess and was not worth the price, the room was ok as long as you didn't look out the window at the dumpster below.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family

Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

not too many hotel choices in Perry. Hotel was under construction while I was there - I wish they had told me that when I made my reservations. Rooms were generally clean, but the doors shut too easily - whenever someone left their room - BOOM - door slammed shut.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

1 Thank ATGIII
Saint Cloud, Florida, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed for 2 nights. The hotel was clean and average for a Hampton Inn. Beds were comfortable. The entire lobby was stripped as they are renovating. Didn't eat the breakfast, just felt odd with the lobby the way it was. We used the rear entrance to come and go, so it wasn't that big of a deal.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends