“Dont see anything special”

Historic Downtown Perry
Ranked #2 of 11 things to do in Perry
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Enjoy shopping, dining and history in the quaint downtown area of Perry, Georgia. Home of Sam Nunn and The New Perry Hotel, this wonderful small town is just glowing with pride and beauty. Enjoy an afternoon stroll in the unique shops on Carroll Street and later enjoy a fabulous meal at any of our downtown restaurants.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Sacile, Italy
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Dont see anything special”
Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

I live here in Perry and all Ive ever seen in the so-called downtown area is little boutiques that are over priced. There is 1 restaurant, Rusty's, been there a few times. Food is ok. Theres a coffee shop but Ive never been there.
Theres actually not much at all to see.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Jej55

Perry, Georgia
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Our beautiful Downtown”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I love our downtown! When I was little it was a great place to hang out and I did, mother could always find me downtown at Tot's n Teens, the Coffee Cup, Jones Jeweler or Overton's.. Most of these are gone now but downtown is filled with awesome little stores to go visit. Coffee Cup is still there and I eat there at least once a week. We have some of the cutest stores and several good places to eat. I recommend coming to visit us any day except Monday some of the stores are closed then.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank tntholder
Parrish, Florida
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“A typical sleepy Georgia Town”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Nothing very unique or unusual about this town. People are 'southern friendly' which is always welcome, if a tourist. We have stopped here a few times in our travels up and down I-75. We did see one very pretty "Southern" home, and I've posted a photo of it. That was about it.

Visited June 2013
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Quaint and friendly”
Reviewed 5 June 2013

Downtown Perry is full of quaint shops, cozy local restaurants, and friendly folks. It is evident that all of the downtown businesses take pride in their storefronts and wares.

Visited June 2013
Tampa, Florida
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“No shopping really”
Reviewed 4 November 2012

It is like that town is dying, there was not really much to shop.Had to drive to Warner Robbins for any real shopping

Visited October 2012

Been to Historic Downtown Perry? Share your experiences!