“REALLY, bad reviewers?!?!?!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pine Mountain
Pine Mountain RV Resort, an RVC Outdoor Destination
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I NEVER write these type of reviews but after reading these ridiculous bad reviews, I couldn't help myself. First of all, I live almost four hours away and drive here for this great park at times when I don't even visit Callaway Gardens. In response to the complaining about the sites, the descriptions are CLEARLY stated on the park's website. I'm currently sitting at a site at the park with so many trees we had to maneuver the motor home to be able to let the awning out. Spend the money for an executive site and have the shade and extra privacy. The pool that was complained about is cleaner and much nicer of an area than most you see at beach resorts. I would know as I live at the beach. How many other campgrounds have a zero entry, kids wading pool with a giant mushroom waterfall that they can control? If people are complaining about this place I feel sorry for them when they visit a true campground, as this is the nicest, friendliest, cleanest park I've visited. Of course, you can go to those RV time share pay as much for a space as a hotel room places and find a little more bells and whistles but without the personal touch and friendly people. The store here offers everything you might need or have forgotten and some things you didn't know you needed (like my 3 year old and her love for the giant marshmallows). I've visited two of the three dog areas here and I don't know what else you could want! I have two very expensive Schutzhund trained German Shepherds that I've got a ton invested in and they seem to enjoy this place just fine, as does the shelter pup we have. Let's see, oh the cable situation. They offer a note at check-in that states the issues with cable. We have satellite in our RV so I can't speak to that but I will say that I am positive if the place wasn't crowded the management would have been more than happy to allow you to move sites. When we were setting up yesterday, I went to purchase Gatorade from the store for my very exhausted, sweaty husband. The store had already turned off the computer for the day as I entered right at closing time. Instead of saying they were closed, they wrote down my information and allowed me to come back the next day to pay for my drinks. You don't get service like that anymore people and for that I would gladly deal with a little sun and no television. I didn't hear any complaints on the playground but let me address that to cover everything. This playground is one of the nicest I've seen at a campground. Plus, it is covered with a shade so it helps those parents whose children don't want to leave.
My family chooses to come to this area for this park because it is a peaceful, quiet, superb area. I've camped my entire life and though I'm only 32, that has been a ton of trips. As the shirt in the park store says, iGlamp (glamour camping), so if this place were anything less than nice I would definitely say otherwise. If you want full shade, read the site descriptions and stay at the front area of the park. The sites will say, under Georgia pines for those that don't know that will mean shaded areas. If you want something more glamorous, find one of those places where you have to have a certain year and length RV (which by the way, I'm in a newer 36' motor home so I could visit if I decided to do so) or if you don't have a year model they approve will need to submit your photo of your home for approval to visit their park first. It is camping people. Get over yourself and enjoy the beautiful area, quit complaining about something that is really a great place with invalid, ridiculous complaints. I own a condo on the white sandy beaches of the Florida Gulf Coast I stay at most of the summer but we always find at least one week of the year to make the trek up to Pine Mountain RVC. Come visit, you won't be disappointed and you'll definitely be back!!! We definitely are repeat customers and will continue to be!!

Room Tip: Shady spots are closer to front of park, if you want by the pool or playground go towards the back b...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Belle4bama

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Came here for 5 nights with the family. The sites are nice size. The bath houses are impressive. Kids enjoyed the small salt water pool. The "pond" is more like a small drainage area. Paved level lots. We stayed in the larger area towards the back of the park. There really isn't any shade to speak of. Kids enjoyed riding bikes. Good camp store with wine, coffee and fun camping gear. Loved the full hook up. Nice place...just wish it had some shade.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank nofitpitchinkids
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We were so excited to plan our first overnight trip in our newly acquired motor coach. We didn't want to go far so we search RV parks in Georgia. We decided on Pine Mountain RVC because it had all the amenities we wanted, according to their website. We wanted full hookups, cable tv, nice views, a pool and the off leash area for our dog was a definite plus. The reservation process was fine; we did it online. Check-in was also good. Clerk was courteous and they actually escort you to your site. The park was not crowded at all...now I know why. On the way to the site, I noticed the pool. It is advertised as a large, saline pool. It's more the size of a backyard pool. When we arrived at the site, I was immediately disappointed with our selection. The lakeview we paid for and selected, turned out to be the view of a pond across the highway. The site was in full sun with only a small, recently planted maple tree towards the back of the lot...and it was hot, very hot, the kind of hot you expect in Georgia during July. Kind of disappointing since the website claims the park has lush, natural landscape. Hookups went fine until we got to the cable. They had given us a cable box at check-in and told us that their cable company required this box. To use the cable, you have to have access to the back of your TV's. We couldn't find the access, so we called the front desk and they sent a tech out right away to help us. He was also unable to hook up the cable because our TV's are mounted in cabinets. He indicated that they were aware that many people could not use the cable, but that their cable provider insisted on the boxes to keep people from stealing cable. So we were stuck with what we could pick up with our antenna...which isn't much in rural Georgia. I went to the website and sent a message to the manager about our displeasure with the situation, but I never got a response. The dog park was in poor shape as well, in addition to being completely in the hot sun. No shade at all...even the dog couldn't stand it. 3 of the fence portions were broken and just propped up. Not escape proof at all. Still we decided to stay and make the best of it. Afterall, there were a number of local attractions to see and they offer shuttle service to the attractions and to the downtown area....or so they claim on the website. So our plans for the next day were to go into town and do some shopping and eat at a local restaurant. When we called for the shuttle, we were told that the person who does the shuttling had to go into town and they weren't sure when they would be back. So here we sit...stuck in a hot motor home with no way to get anywhere. Of course, there in a "No Refund" policy in place here. But, we are leaving anyway.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MissKim111
797YaleS, Owner at Pine Mountain RV Resort, an RVC Outdoor Destination, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Kim,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback that in turn has initiated some adjustments and improvements. Regarding the Bark park, we have completed an overhaul of all the fencing and gates to ensure a secure space. Our Shuttle is now by appointment which is getting good reviews as we now know exactly when the shuttle will be out and when it is available. Shortly before your visit, our cable company sifted their analog signal to digital without the proper support for using the new technology. I can assure you that this was beyond our control and expertise. We have since become familiar and have a local Cable tech on call at all times to help mitigate this difficult connectivity issue. Kim your patronage is important to us and we hope to have another opportunity to serve you in the future.
Regards,
Yale Spina
COO, RVC Outdoor Destinations

Reviewed 15 June 2014

My family camped here for the first time over the weekend. We loved it! The scenery was beautiful, the bathrooms were clean, the pool, kiddie area and hot tub were refreshing, the playground was nice for our children, and the location was conveniently located very close to Callaway Gardens and several restaurants. We felt at home here and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ctrfrei
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My husband and I spent Memorial Day weekend at Pine Mountain RVC. The staff was extremely organized with checking in all of the RV's on a busy holiday weekend and they would show you to your site. Orientation was brief but it doesn't take much to figure out the water and electric hook ups. The sites were fairly well maintained (the "grass" could have used some mowing, but not bad.) We were in the wooded area which was great in the heat of the day but there is a much larger area with few trees. The pool seems a little small for the number of sites but, again, was also a holiday weekend. The pictures on the website are very dated....I was disappointed there really is not a wine bar in the lodge...but the staff is friendly, the lodge is well stocked with camping essentials. We will definitely go back again.

Room Tip: If your unit will fit I would definitely suggest the wooded area, especially in summer
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AtlTravelQueen
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed over Easter weekend 2014,,The staff were very helpful,,everyone from the propane guy to the front desk personnel,,I can not comment on the bath houses as we did not use them or the pool due to weather,,seemed very pet friendly,,Lots of kids playing and riding bikes,,,We even got to see the Easter Bunny,,Will definitely return in the future,,Have no complaints ,,The site we stayed at with our 41 ft toy hauler was a nice level concrete pad and a large grass area in the front,,plenty of parking,,,Every one was very friendly and nice we were very pleased with our stay,

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Dave D
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stayed here from April 12 - 18. Very clean and well kept park. The weather wasn't the best while we were there, but many things were close by to do. When we arrived I did ask if we could change sites because I didn't realize the daylilly sites did not have cable and it was the weekend for the Darlington 500. No problem changing, but since these sites do cost more it would have been nice if we had been told their cable would be shut off in 3 days due to their provider changing over to digital and them not yet hooked up to boxes. So we paid for something we did not get for 3 extra days. We also was put on a site close to the pool that cost more. Due to the weather we couldn't use the pool for all but 1 day, but my husband uses our hot tub daily, due to a back injury, so we wanted to be close to it. It stopped working after 3 days too. We decided to leave 1 day early since it was still raining and our only transportation was our motorcycle, so didn't feel like sitting in the RV doing nothing for another day. Amanda did give us a rain day credit, which is nice since I know their policy is no refunds for early departure, but I think a cash refund for the extra cost of the amenities we could not use would have been more appropriate since we may never go that way again. All in all a good place, although some of their staff could use work on their customer service skills. Can't remember names as of now.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
#2 of 5 in Pine Mountain
White Columns Motel
White Columns Motel
#3 of 5 in Pine Mountain

Been to Pine Mountain RV Resort, an RVC Outdoor Destination? Share your experiences!