“Best Days in Ever”

Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Pine Mountain
crystal river, fl
“Best Days in Ever”
Reviewed 9 December 2008

I quit staying at days inn but this one changed my mind. Manager was very nice--spoke English and the room was great and the price was fair and it was VERY convenient to Callaway gardens. Very clean--everything worked.

• Disliked — lite breakfast was really lite Could have been much better with a little fruit..
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank misstopsy44

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 19 August 2008

I booked three rooms at this hotel far in advance of the required date. I spent copious amounts of time emphasizing that I wanted three adjacent rooms as my friend and I were traveling with the Girl Scout troop that we lead together.

When we arrived we discovered that one room was unacceptable. It smelled of smoke even though we had requested a non-smoking room. When I attempted to change rooms, I got a nearly intelligible song-and-dance about how our room couldn't be changed since another hotel guest stayed an extra day. I pointed out that I had made my reservation far in advance and that that should be taken into consideration. The clerk/manager/owner didn't seem to understand what I was saying.

I was offered another room on another floor, but what's the fun of a hotel sleepover with nine girls if one-third are on another floor? I complained further and was given the key to a room in an adjacent building so that I could look at it before committing to it. I was embarrassed to find myself trying to unlock the door on a room that already had guests in it.

I ended up staying in the original room so that our girls could be close to one another. I was very disappointed in the overall experience and don't understand how Days Inn can franchise their hotel name to people who are not cut out for the business. (Also see note on same hotel under June 2004.)

• Liked — location, price
  • Disliked — lack of service
  • Stayed April 2008
1 Thank ccrock08
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 13 July 2008

I booked this hotel directly by calling the front office so I didn't expect that there would be a problem. However, when we arrived we were told that the rate we were quoted was double. Then when I said that we would NOT be staying there they refused to refund my deposit and this was well before check in time! I found them to be very unprofessional and I WOULD NOT stay there. I did manage to get a refund by contacting the Days Inn corporation but I cannot recommend them to anyone! You are better off staying in a hotel in Warm Springs or a Callaway Gardens property and get a deal on it by going to the hotel booking websites online.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — nothing to like
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank thebkworm
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 16 March 2008

Stayed at the Days Inn Pine Mountain for 1 night in March 2008. There are positives--the hotel is very easy to find and it is only a few minutes from Callaway Gardens. The room, including the bathroom, was clean. Although it wasn't spectacular, the continental breakfast was satisfying and it wasn't crowded at all when I was there. The staff were pretty nice and gave me a room on the main floor which I requested. I could park right outside of my room. It was totally quiet at night. However, there are also negatives--the room was tiny with barely enough room to move around the furniture. The walls were paper thin so you could hear every sneeze, conversation, and TV show next door. The windows didn't open, so the room was a bit stuffy. There was a faint smoky smell even in my non-smoking room. The pool was closed and there is no business center/Internet station. Also, the price was way higher than I would expect for a random March weekend. With tax, I paid a bit over $80 which was very high for this type of hotel. If I stayed again, I wouldn't pay more than $50 - $60 because of the limited amenities. If I were in town again and the price was less, I might stay at this Days Inn, but only because it is part of my rewards program and I get points. Otherwise I would find something a little better. Please email me with questions!!! Jen =)

• Liked — Close to Callaway Gardens.
  • Disliked — Too expensive for a limited amenity hotel.
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank JenPerna
Chicago
Reviewed 4 June 2006

Cancelled my room without notifying me (booked at $65 per night), offered me another room at $99 per night. I took it. Room had 2 dead bugs in the bed and live roaches in the bathroom. Would not even consider honoring original rate or even a discount for the bugs in the room. Incredibly rude front desk staff, arrogant general manager, only solution offered was a refund an immediate checkout!

Other local hotel staff shared that they are known for pulling bait and switch scams. I do a lot of travelling and have stayed in roadside motels to 5 star resorts, and this was by far the absolute worst treatment I have ever received.

Days Inn National Guest Services refused to offer any compensation for the inconviences and hid behind the fact that each hotel is an independent franchise. Huge runaround, no resolution. Stay away.

• Stayed May 2006
9 Thank phiveo5
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 December 2005

this hotel is best in town best rate good and nice rooms make you feal like home breakfast is very nice and main thing is very friendly satff will come back to stay here only and tell my friends to stay here if u guys r going there contact person name k.b is very good young felow .

• Stayed December 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Woodstock, Georgia
Reviewed 25 March 2005

This is a budget hotel that provides good accomodations for an inexpensive price.

The hotel is located on the main street in Pine Mountain. It is about a mile to the summer beach entrance of Callaway Gardens and 2 miles to the main entrance.

The rooms are nothing special but they do contain a mini-fridge and microwave -which was nice since we were traveling with a small child and the room did have a small table with a couple of chairs to go with 2 queen beds. There was a nice outdoor pool in back. The breakfast was pretty typical though they did have a belgian waffle maker which was a nice touch for an economy hotel.

Don't come here expecting a 4-star hotel. But if you are looking for good, inexpensive accomodations close to Callaway Gardens and the Pine Mountain Wild Animal Park this is a good value for the money. We payed less then $50 for the room.

• Stayed July 2004
Wingate by Wyndham LaGrange
Rodeway Inn
Rodeway Inn
#8 of 10 in LaGrange

Been to Garden Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!