“Summer Getaway”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Pine Mountain
Jacksonville, Florida
“Summer Getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

My husband and I stayed here from Tues thru Fri and enjoyed our stay very much. The Junior Suite we were first assigned was on the first floor. When we walked into the room it was so spacious but quickly realized the outside sitting area was completely blocked by brick walls from both rooms. We returned to the front desk to see if another room coukd be found since we had made the reservation over a month ago and the desk clerk quickly resolved our issue and placed us on the fourth floor. Sitting out on the balconies was so relaxing. I was surprised that the cabana at the pool was not open during the week during the summer. We would have enjoyed ordering while at the pool. I missed a hotel info booklet in the room that provides specfics about the times and services of the hotel, not just the spa services. I was surprised to see dirty dishes in the hallway from breakfast up until 6 in the evening. Service members were very friendly. Overall a very pleasant few days.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
LodgeatCallaway, Director of Sales at The Lodge and Spa at Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Dear Susan J,

It was a pleasure learning of your recent stay with us at The Lodge & Spa at Callaway Gardens, Autograph Collection. Thank you for making us your Georgia resort of choice. Our suites are a great way to relax on your vacation and I am very happy we were able to accommodate your needs. Customer service and making our guests happy is something that is very important to us. I am very sorry you were not able to enjoy our Cabana Bar & Grill which is only open on Friday through Sunday. If we see you on the weekend during your next trip I am sure you will enjoy the service at the pool. Thank you again for your time and feedback. We very much appreciate your business.

Jeff

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
Cumming, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012

My friend and I stayed Sun-Tue(June 22-June 24). (I don't really don't 'get' the reviews that say the hotel needs updating. It seemed pretty updated to me - not sure what they expected.) Every hotel employee we encountered was very friendly and helpful. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was to die for! Loved the tub. Megan and Jen at the front desk were very friendly and have great personalities. The bellhop(Jullion??) was always there to help us carry things in, brought the golf cart to our car to take us to the hotel(which was great since it was so hot!). The breakfast buffet was really good(the scrambled eggs weren't that great, but everything else was). All the servers in the restuarant were very nice. We both got a massage and spent 2 hours there - so nice and relaxing. Our massage therapists were very friendly. I would say that the only thing that I thought could have 'made' the hotel better was a bigger pool, and hotel/spa information in the room. There also was no Bible, or phone book. The housekeeping was pretty friendly, but the lady that brought us extra items didn't seem to be enjoying her job very much - the only employee we encountered that didn't seem to be happy to be there. Overall I would say this was a wonderful and relaxing stay and I will most definitely come back.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor facing the woods. Nice and quiet and pretty balcony view.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Marsha B
Dear Marsha B,

It was a pleasure learning of your recent enjoyable stay with us at The Lodge & Spa at Callaway Gardens, Autograph Collection. Thank you for your business as well as your feedback. Just as you had stated, our guests greatly enjoy our spacious rooms and four fixture bathrooms. It really helps you relax while you are trying to get away from the day to day. Also, thank you for noticing our drive to offer amazing service to our guests. We will be sure to communicate this information to those you recognized. Thank you again for your time and feedback and we look forward to your arrival again.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

Came to Callaway Gardens for a short summer getaway.Let me start by sayingCallaway Gardens itself is very beautiful and family friendly;we viewed the circus ,beach etc. Friday at the hotel there was a seafood buffet ..very nice ..its 26.95 per adult so not cheap but for everything id say worth it . The hotel itself is nice overall soak tub ,balcony..some items are a little dated . Now the problem comes on Saturday, we checked out then headed to the restaurant area for breakfast, we probably waited in line for about 10 minutes before anyone greeted us which was disappointing. After I stopped a waitress she informed me there were open tables they just needed to be cleaned ( in my mind that was ok shouldn't take that long ..boy I was wrong) . So we waited and waited , as the line grew behind us , then a lady with a multi colored shirt came over and said she would be right with us . We needed table for 2 adults and a high chair ( in which the high chair could fit at any table in the facility). We ended up waiting a total of 25-30 min IN LINE ...seriously ridiculous..our one year old was so frustrated she begin screaming until we left . The lady came back a seated the couple behind us 2 people , I asked why or how they were seated before us , her response was nostalgic " ma'am were very busy" and they were two people who can seat at a two seated table. That was a bold face lie , even the families behind us thought so everyone was upset and applaud at the customer service and what I later found out to be a manager's response.
Needless to say I spoke with the manager whose response seemed nothing more than the restaurant manager uncaring. I have stayed at many hotels starwood , manadrin oriental hotel in d.t Atlanta I've never had any problems, never felt unvalued as a customer. I felt we spent too much money to be treated that way and the response to be she is a manager also buy we will speak to her , nothing was addressed so we took our money elsewhere and ate at the huddle house within blocks from the facility. It left a sour taste in our mouth on a weekend getaway that supposed to be amazing.

• Stayed July 2012
Chantilly, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2012

I had posted about the Callaway Gardens in a separate post on the Callaway Gardens resort page. We had stayed at this place which was recently taken over by new management (Marriott, I guess). The place is really very nicely maintained and we had very good experience, given that we had an infant. The swimming pools are great with hot tubs and great way to relax in the evening after all the fun in gardens with Azaleas and different activities. If you have never been to southern states its a unique experience, which we enjoyed.

Room Tip: Request for view over the swimming pool.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
LodgeatCallaway, Director of Sales at The Lodge and Spa at Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
Dear pkotcher,

It was a pleasure learning of your wonderful family experience at our premiere Georgia Resort, The Lodge & Spa at Callaway Gardens, Autograph Collection. Our salt water pool and Cabana Bar and Grill are surely a huge hit in the summer which we are glad you enjoyed. Don' forget, our salt water pool is heated and is also a great way to warm up in the winter as well. Thank you for your business and we look forward to having you and your family back for a enjoyable weekend soon.

Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

I have been to Callaway Gardens many times in my life but have never stayed at The Lodge and Spa. It was a perfect girlfriends getaway for relaxation, walks, and massages! The Spa is great, the massages wonderful! We enjoyed appetizers from a nice selection in the Bar which was a great place to talk and laugh. The Sunday brunch had a lovely selection of fresh fruit and healthy choices (thank you!). The front desk staff as well as the restaurant and bar servers were friendly and helpful with suggestions. It is a lovely place to walk or ride bikes but we enjoyed just sitting in the shade of the deck, enjoying nature that surrounded us. The pool is a bit small for the size of the Lodge. Robin's Lake is a bit busy with families but has lots of activities for kids to enjoy (a bit pricey I think for families). If you want nature, bike riding, walking, golf, and quiet nights, it is great.

Room Tip: Rooms on the parking lot side get afternoon sun but nice morning shade. Nice to sit and look at the...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
, Director of Sales at The Lodge and Spa at Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Dear SH G,

It was a pleasure learning of your wonderful experience at The Lodge & Spa at Callaway Gardens. Thank you for your business and feedback as we are very happy you visited our luxury Georgia resort. It sounds like you had a very well rounded stay with us utilizing our award winning spa as well as our Ironwood Cocktail lounge! I hope you were able to try the Pimento Cheese Fritters as they are amazing! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

Very nice getaway for a family or couples. The property is beautiful! The overall accommodations were GREAT! Very clean and modern! The Friday night Seafood Buffet is worth the $$. The best shrimp and grits I've ever had!!! Overall the food on sight is delicious! Didn't see everything we were just there to enjoy a nice/quiet romantic weekend and that was well ACHIEVED!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, Director of Sales at The Lodge and Spa at Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, 2 July 2012
Dear Luv-vacationGeorgia,

It was a pleasure learning of your recent relaxing getaway with us at The Lodge & Spa at Callaway Gardens, Autograph Collection. Thank you for your feedback and your business. You mentioned two aspects that are dear to many of our guests hearts....the guestrooms and Friday Night Seafood Buffet! Our four fixture bathrooms are enjoyed by all as well as our famous Georgia Shrimp and Grits. They are my favorite as well! We look forward to seeing you back soon. Maybe in the winter for a dip in our heated salt water pool?

Have a wonderful day!

Hayesville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2012

My wife and I have visited here every father's day weekend for many years. The hotel is great, the service is great, the rooms are getting to where they need a little refurbishing and the prices have gone up. But it's still a very nice facility. What we noticed this year is that there are far more families with little kids than in the past. This completely changes the dynamic of the pool area....previously a quiet area where we could relax and dip into the pool, it has become a shrieking, squirt gun battle and cannonball contest into the pool. We like the facility, but it's not for us any more.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the fountain
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank William M
, Director of Sales at The Lodge and Spa at Callaway Gardens, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Dear William M,

Thank you for your recent and repeat stays with us at The Lodge & Spa at Callaway Gardens. We greatly appreciate your feedback as well as your business. We greatly appreciate your kind comments on our facility and service. As it relates to children and families, there are times where we do have a good amount of families enjoying what The Lodge & Spa as well as Callaway Gardens has to offer. And I am very sorry you were not able to enjoy your stay as you did in the past. We are hopeful you will try us again in the future possibly during a time where children are still in school so you can have the pool all to yourselves. Thank you again William.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pine Mountain
Wingate by Wyndham LaGrange
Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites LaGrange / I-85

Been to The Lodge and Spa at Callaway Gardens? Share your experiences!