“Don't judge a book by its cover”
Review of 27th Grill

27th Grill
Ranked #21 of 31 Restaurants in Pine Mountain
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

We picked this place off of the Internet where we saw it on the Pine Mountain GA city website. I pulled up and thought "whoa" because it didn't look quite like I expected (it's an old gas station.) We went in and I questioned my choice however I was already committed. We both ordered the ribeye. We ordered fries and sautéd vegetables and salad. When the food came out we were very pleased with its presentation, quality, quantity and taste. The steak, which was well marinated, needed no steak sauce and the vegetables were well seasoned and had a good taste. The waitress appeared to be new as she didn't know the difference between A-1 and Heinz 57, but it didn't matter because I never touched to steak sauce. When we went to pay I noted that they had received a 100 on their inspection score from the health department.

I won't lie - the place looks rough on the outside and a little dated on the inside but the food was great and it was clean. I would recommend to others.

1  Thank bozy106

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I have always loved the way the owner took pride in his dishes that he served. We had the some of our old favorites and they were very good. The only thing that concerned me was the prices had gone up so much. The appetizers were a little to expensive. The waiter was attentive and friendly. We received our dinner in a timely manner and will go back. I don't know what the other reviewers were looking for, but it is not supposed to be a fancy restaurant. Yes, it is laid back and that is one of the charms of the restaurant.

1  Thank ladyweegle
Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

With limited dining options in the area, we thought we'd give this place a shot, despite the fact that it's in a shut down gas station.

Upon arrival, we were promtly greeted and invited to pick our own table. Options for seating is limited, so making a choice was easy. The waitress imaginatively brought us a clean and working high chair, which was a plus as most places neglect them.

I ordered the top sirloin and grilled shrimp. The wife ordered the Greek pizza and salad.

The good experience ended here. The.steak was mostly gristle/fat and the wife's pizza was somewhat reminiscent of a freezer pizza. The salad had a weird sauce on it that made it unpallatable. The grilled shrimp had been microwaved, not grilled.

We finished up and left. The waitress paused when she noticed that we didn't eat much of what we ordered, but never asked.

Pass this place up.

1  Thank hambojambo
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Went to see the Christmas lights at Calloway with my family and a friends family. We happened up on this restaurant due to the long wait at the other restaurants. The whole experience was like something out of a twilight zone show. The service, first of all, was absolutely horrible. One of the guys working in the place, not sure what his job actually was, was obviously on drugs. I do not use this term loosely, as I have seen very many Meth addicts tweaking in my line of work. This guy was obviously strung out in the restaurant while he was working. The food was absolutely horrible, the price was absolutely ridiculous for the portions given, and the whole ambiance off the place was like something out of a late night horror show on television. Also when I paid, the waitress at the cash register pulls out this huge was of cash out of her back pocket to give me change instead of out of the register. If this is the only place to east in Pine Mountain, then just starve, you will be better off.

3  Thank cn201
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We were skeptical about this place because from the outside it looks like a gas station but we wanted something quick on our way out of Pine Mountain. The server was very attentive, the food was delicious and inexpensive.

1  Thank ABBASLioness