“Better than expected” 3 of 5 bubbles

27th Grill
Ranked #25 of 30 Restaurants in Pine Mountain
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Mobile, Alabama
“Better than expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

This place looks a little strange from the outside since it was formerly a gas station. Inside, we received good service and the food was pretty good, too. They even serve beer and wine, if you are interested in that. The Greek pizza was a favorite of our group. There wasn't anything too gourmet or special on the menu, but it was much better than expected. Definitely worth a try if you are in the area.

• Visited June 2014

Waco, Texas
“"not very good"”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

I went there to eat at the Whistling Pig but they were so full I decided to try the 27th grill since I was already there in the parking lot! There were only an older couple in the place! Very old and tired looking décor! I ordered a hamburger steak and side salad. The salad was heaped in a bowl, which looked odd to me: the first 3 bites from the top were okay but when you moved off the top layer of lettuce the lettuce in the bottom was nasty! The hamburger steak was ok but the fries were frozen and had that freezer burn taste to them, the gravy was from a package. I would certainly not eat here again and wished I had braved the line at the original place I had wanted! The waitress was friendly and very attentive so kudos for that!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank lgbates85
United States
“Didn't expect much”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

This is an old gas station turned diner complete with vinyl tablecloths. Don't get me, it what I expected before we walked in. They have a very broad menu from full meals, to pizza, salads, sammys, wine, beer and desert. We had a quesadilla and a Philly chicken sub. Not bad but the frozen, under cooked fries were a complete turn off. Service was friendly but slow considering the place was about empty at 6:30 pm. I like trying new places and now we tried this one. Won't go back.

Visited April 2014
1 Thank wkelly5688
Summerville, Georgia
“Don't judge a book by its cover”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

We picked this place off of the Internet where we saw it on the Pine Mountain GA city website. I pulled up and thought "whoa" because it didn't look quite like I expected (it's an old gas station.) We went in and I questioned my choice however I was already committed. We both ordered the ribeye. We ordered fries and sautéd vegetables and salad. When the food came out we were very pleased with its presentation, quality, quantity and taste. The steak, which was well marinated, needed no steak sauce and the vegetables were well seasoned and had a good taste. The waitress appeared to be new as she didn't know the difference between A-1 and Heinz 57, but it didn't matter because I never touched to steak sauce. When we went to pay I noted that they had received a 100 on their inspection score from the health department.

I won't lie - the place looks rough on the outside and a little dated on the inside but the food was great and it was clean. I would recommend to others.

1 Thank bozy106
Fortson, Georgia
“First visit in a while”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

I have always loved the way the owner took pride in his dishes that he served. We had the some of our old favorites and they were very good. The only thing that concerned me was the prices had gone up so much. The appetizers were a little to expensive. The waiter was attentive and friendly. We received our dinner in a timely manner and will go back. I don't know what the other reviewers were looking for, but it is not supposed to be a fancy restaurant. Yes, it is laid back and that is one of the charms of the restaurant.

• Visited December 2013