“Wedding trip”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pine Mountain
Pine Mountain Club Chalets
Christiansburg, Virginia
“Wedding trip”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Pine Mountain Chalets were a little hard to find, but after arriving, everything was great. The wedding was wonderful but it was hot being outside in the sun. You should have a canopy for guests to sit under since the hot sun was beating down Then coming inside for the reception, it was so cold we had to go back outside to get warm.
When I first called to make a reservation, I spoke with Debbie. She was very helpful and told me if I had any questions before we made the trip to just call or email. Well I certainly did this because I had a lot of questions and she answered all my questions and was very pleasant each time. Later I got to speak with Julie and she was very pleasant as well. I hope both of these ladies are rewarded for a job well done.
Dot C.

Room Tip: Chalets with 3 baths are great when you have 5 or more people.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Birmingham, Alabama, United States
Reviewed 5 August 2013

Our family reunion rented the big lodge (cabin 62) and the one next to it cabin 60 (the numbers may be on wrong cabins but know I have numbers right). The big lodge was spacious open room which was great for meal time and sitting around visiting with our family.
The view was great of the lake and we were able to take a fabulous picture of our family down on the gazebo and bridge in front of the house. We had to do quickly because the wasps or hornets were bad at the gazebo.
The game room downstairs was great. The number of bathrooms was pretty good.
The bedrooms were ok- fine size wise, some a little out of date and the mattresses- well, most were lacking in comfort. Some were hard as a rock and left for an achy body the next am. The bunk beds mattresses were falling apart and had been taped together. The sheets/towels all were grimy and stained looking.
The nice thing was to return towels/sheets to the office and they will give you some others. The office will provide you with more toilet paper as needed- so that was nice.
Suggestion besides better mattresses, towels and sheets, would be that when someone checks in to alert them there is a wedding at what ever time it is and tell them that voices carry across the lake and ask if you could be a little quiet during that window- but feel free to watch. Tell them roughly what time it should approximately end so they can resume activities. Several of us adults were sitting on the far right side of the main lodge talking seeing there was a wedding going on but didn't think our voices would carry(plus we were on opposite side of house than the wedding). Our older children were in the gazebo watching the wedding but not talking any more than a whisper b/c they were closer and didn't want to make any noise.
I look up from the where I was sitting on the porch and saw a man going to the gazebo to get onto the kids. I went and talked to him and was less than pleased with him. He was coming to tell us to not be noisy and keep us from the lake and that we were being disrespectful of the wedding. Oh we were not. Weddings are lovely to watch and to see across the lake was so lovely.
I went round and round with the man about he can't just show up and tell us to be quiet when we had not been told that there were be a wedding and needed to be quiet for a few minutes. Being quiet is not a problem. Not being told and then being punished for it is another! The owner was getting onto the kids when it was probably the adults having quiet conversations on the porch but the opposite side of the house from the wedding. My recommendation next time is to give a note to the people checking in on the lake- actually all properties and tell them there will be a wedding at 5 and that noise carries across the lake. If the guests can be quiet during that time would be appreciated. Maybe an hour before, make rounds reminding guests. What if we had all set tables up to eat outside or play family games outside at that time? We had no idea.
Not sure our group will be coming back. Some improvements need to be made to the place.
My run in with the owner was stressful and unnecessary. I didn't know he was the owner until he finally told me- I just thought he was with maintenance. He had no shirt identifying himself as someone who worked there. After we started talking, he said he was the owner. Could have been prevented by simply telling guests ahead of time or even going around 30 minutes to an hour ahead telling guests and leaving notes on door if no one is home. Still think they should be told at check in.
Anyway, the big lodge was a great spot for us all to gather and hope they do some work before guests arrive and do some much needed long term things to entice guests. Great spot, great layout,etc. Think with a little work it could be a fabulous destination. Think the main lodge floor had been just dusted- not actually mopped b/c it was filthy floor. Provide dustpan, vacuum,etc.
The lady at office was nice and helpful- was a little too nice but she was always helpful and smiling. Always greeted you when you came in the door even if with another customer. She was great. Sorry didn't catch her name.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We rented 2 cabins here for 2 days in May. 1st was the family lodge and a nearby 3 bedroom cabin. The place looks great from outside, until you check in. The towels provided are nasty dirty. I could not tell whether the're white and stained, or a light brown. I personally do not understand why anyone wants to use non-white towels, meaning they are never bleached, in 2013! Both cabins were dusty (windows and doors and other surfaces), and the bathrooms all need some serious detailing. Wi-fi was ok while sitting at the porch or near a window, but generally spotty. The kitchen in the family lodge was well equipped, but the smaller cabin had the bare minimum. There was this guy driving a truck around the cabins claiming to be the president of the property. He was very rude and ignorant while addressing me and my guests. He even threatened to bring the Sheriff to evict me because he thought that we had more people than the cabin can "hold". When I told him to go ahead and bring the SHeriff, he retreated. Overall, I was disappointed with my stay here and will spend my money elsewhere next time.

Room Tip: Stay away from these cabins.
3 Thank Starehe
ChaletMktgDirector, Public Relations Manager at Pine Mountain Club Chalets, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
Thank you for leaving us review. I want to apologize for the dust. Our towels are beige but do get bleached with every wash. As for the equipment in the chalets: The family lodge is owned by management and I am so glad you had everything you needed. The other chalets are privately owned and are stocked with what the owners can provide.
To address the man in the truck, that was the owner/manager of the property. After many noise complaints from our other guests he was forced to make an appearance at the lodge. You are only allowed 20 people in the lodge not what it will "hold". This means an after party from a near by wedding and a dj are not allowed at 12:30 at night.
I'm sorry you were disappointed with your stay here.
Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Our stay was wonderful! It was very relaxing and enjoyable. The lake and scenery were beautiful! There was lots to do and everyone had a great time. The chalet was very clean and nice. It was spacious and the kitchen was well equipped. With all the activities, no one was bored!

1 Thank Ron S
Jonesboro, Georgia, USA
Reviewed 29 May 2013

My mother and sisters have been coming to Pine Mountain for our annual mother/daughter weekend since 1975. I won't mention all the places we've stayed over those years but when we found Pine Mountain Club Chalets we have never looked for another place and that was over 20 years ago! We love it because we can all be together comfortably in one place for meals, playing cards, watching movies. We love shopping around the area, too. PMCC is accessible to everything you want to see in the area. And if you don't want to leave the PMCC grounds, they have plenty of options of things to do right on-site. Even though we've seen the "faces" change over the years, we have been treated warmly by the friendly staff. They are always courteous, accommodating, and eager to please. We feel like we're at our "home away from home" when we are at PMCC. See you next year and for many more years to come!

1 Thank Judy S
Pine Mountain, Georgia
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I stayed in a one bedroom, pet-friendly chalet while my house was being reroofed 6 miles away. My dog and I loved the peace and quiet of #38 (which can also be rented as a two or three bedroom). It was immaculate and the size and furnishings met my needs. I rented it for 3 nights and got a 4th night free. Both Julie and Debbie in the front office were extremely warm and friendly. The Chalets' web site describes all of the activities that are at your disposal, and it is also a short distance from Callaway Gardens. Go to their Home Page and click on Village Map to see photos of each chalet, as well as available dates. I worked at Callaway Gardens for 29 years, but find the Pine Mountain Chalets more charming for accomodations.

Room Tip: On the Chalets' Home Page click on Village Map for pics and available dates of each chalet.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Bradenton, Florida, United States
Reviewed 1 May 2013

There were six women in a 4 BR chalet. We had a wonderful time, the chalet was stocked with
anything we could have needed. Four of us even went out on the lake in two canoes.
We had dinner one night at Callaway Gardens Restaurant, spent one whole day walking the gardens, visited Warm Springs one day, and the shops in Pine Mountain one afternoon. On our last night, we thoroughly enjoyed the Atlanta Symphony on the Beach at a reserved table where
we brought our own food and drinks. It was truly a night to remember, ending with spectacular
fire works.
Can't wait to come back, possibly in the fall. Several of us think our husbands would love to
fish in the lake and play golf at Callaway Gofl Course.
Thanks for a wonderful vacation!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
#4 of 5 in Pine Mountain
Wingate by Wyndham LaGrange
Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens
La Quinta Inn & Suites LaGrange / I-85

Been to Pine Mountain Club Chalets? Share your experiences!