“Worst meal I've had in ages”

Cricket's Restaurant
Price range: US$5 - US$21
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Chalet type structure in quaint wooded setting2 miles west of Pine Mountain at 14661 Ga Hwy 18
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I'm really wondering how anyone can give this pace a good review. We stopped here for dinner on the way out of Callaway Gardens. We should have eaten there. We were the first ones there for dinner, so you think we would get fresh food. The lettuce in the salad had two big pieces that were rotten. The shrimp po boy sandwich was tasteless frozen shrimp. The mesquite grilled chicken consisted of two small pieces of dry chicken breast. The prices are high for such poor quality.

The service was good, though, but the food was bad.

2  Thank armymom123

Reviewed 27 May 2014

People from New Orleans can be brutal on restaurants which purport to be serving cajun or creole food. Recently I had gumbo at Cricket's. It was really more of a soup than a gumbo and was frankly disappointing. I have had red beans and rice at this restaurant as well and I would sum up the experience as similar to having Italian food in an out of the way provincial Chinese city.
On the plus side their other dishes looked good though I didn't try any. The staff seem very pleasant and the atmosphere is relaxed and friendly. Another quibble is that the service does seem a mite slow.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

The food was very good. Service was slow but it was a holiday weekend. It was convenient (walking distance) to Pine Mountain Chalets Club Resort).

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Cricket's is a great place to go if you are in the area. My husband and I have eaten there the two times we were staying at Calaway Gardens. Both times were great experiences mostly due to our waitress Alexis. She provided excellence service and made our evening special. Everyone is friendly from the person at the door seating, to the owners who stop by to see how everything is. Everything we have tried off the menu has been tastey. A must try is the bread pudding and the butter cream cake. We will be back as soon as we can.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

After day at Callaway - our family decided on a late dinner here last night. Great food - reasonable prices and loved our waitress, Kaye! We'll be back!