Red Roof Inns & Suites Savannah Airport Pooler
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsoutlet mallbed was comfortableshopping and restaurantschecking inclean roomsfirst floorlots of restaurantsajaypethardwoodsavannahrripatrickfloridadogcerealmicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 April 2012

We are a family of four and we wanted to have the experience of Saint Patrick's Day in Savannah.We were very excited to see the parade. Our children are 10 and 7. So we didn't want the hustle and craziness of staying right downtown so this hotel was perfect. It was perfect for our family because we have a one income home so the rates were not bad at all. The gentleman at the desk, I believe his name (nickname) was AJ, he was so helpful and knowledgeable about the downtown area. We did have some minor concerns like extra linen and AJ did it all with a warm personality and a smile. The hotel isn't brand new so the decor is not like your other hotel however the cleanliness was a A ++. We really enjoyed our stay and we definitely recommend this hotel. Thanks AJ!!!! We will visit again.

Room Tip: We like the suites. Very spacious.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank KLatrell S
i0583, General Manager at Red Roof Inns & Suites Savannah Airport Pooler, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Dear Family of four,

Hi this is Ajay! I was really excited to read your review. I am very happy that you and your family had a nice stay at our Inn. We really appreciate you choosing our RRI for your family getaway. Many of our guests that weekend of St. Patrick’s enjoyed the parade as well and liked staying at our Inn away from all the traffic.

When you come back next St. Patrick’s day you will see many new upgrades to the Inn such as new flooring, new bedding, new drapes, all new guestroom paint and lobby refresh. I will posting new pictures soon so you can get a sneak peak.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

The exterior appearance is good. The location appears safe. Restaurants and a Super Wal-Mart are within walking distance (some across the main road.) The Red Roof staff was very friendly and polite and the comp breakfast was fine. That said, although the rates are attractive, the room we had was quite worn......stained lampshade, missing shower curtain upon arrival (one was provided immediately upon request), very slow bathtub drain, loose tub faucet, spattered paint on the bath walls, and numerous annoying, small, flying bugs. The room needed a good cleaning throughout. We paid around $40 or $50 for one night. I have stayed at some very nice Red Roofs and some that were not so good over the past 20 years. This property was definitely the latter.

Room Tip: Ask to see a room before paying.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Sandylaneguy

Dear Valued Guest,

I appreciate your feedback and want to let you know we hear you & want you to know we are acting on your comments. I am pleased to say we are currently updating our Inn with new flooring, new bedding, new lighting, new curtains and lobby refresh. I will be posting new pictures on Trip Advisor soon.

Again, I appreciate your feedback and hope that you will stay with us again in the near future so you may experience the new updates to our Inn.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

The floor, at least in the room I was in, was hardwood. You think, "Hey, that looks nice!". Then at 7am the next morning you realize the people above you have hardwood floors too. And you can hear EVERY step they take on it. And these aren't muffled steps. It's constructed like a house, so you hear every creak of the hardwood. And if you happen to get unlucky, you get to try to sleep (which didn't work) for the next 3 hours while they continuously walk around up there. I'm not exaggerating, they walked around for 3 straight hours both mornings. The person who designed this does not understand that the main purpose of a hotel is to have a place to sleep. This place should be designed to be quiet so sleep can take place. Of course people make noise you can't control, but don't construct floors that make noise that can wake people up. Do not stay here if you want to sleep past 7 in the morning.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank JeffinSC

Dear Guest,

I am so sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfactory. You are correct that we are installing new laminate flooring on the first floor, but will be installing new carpet on the 2nd & 3rd. Just for the very reason you mentioned. The carpet will help reduce any noise coming from the floors/rooms above. Again, I apologize about the noise. We work really hard to make sure that our guests respect each other’s privacy and space. Anytime, we receive a complaint about noise at the front desk we call the room in question and do our best to maintain a safe and quiet environment for all our guests.

Again, I apologize we feel short of that goal with you. If you will be in the area anytime soon, please feel free contact me directly so I can be of assistance.

Reviewed 30 March 2012

Smelly room. Greasy, grimy dust on headboard, lamps, behind TV. Filthy stained bathtub, gritty wood floors, sheets not changed. Most gross of all was weeks (months?) worth of dust balls, clumps of hair and dirty tissues under beds. Pool area was a disgrace. Dirty broken furniture, garbage piled up in the corners, open chemical containers on the deck. A real health hazard and probably illegal. Complained to desk twice, housekeeper once and all said they'd fix it. They didn't. Wrote to Red Roof HQ who referred me back to hotel manager. He responded that I should have notified him. Really?? How many times? Three was not enough? By the way, we too were there for St. Patrick's Day. Had 3 rooms for 4 nights, all bad and priced double for the weekend. And just to make the experience complete they tried to overcharge us by $!00 at checkout. I'm not averse to budget hotels, but this was beyond the pale. Avoid it at all costs. And if you have to complain, don't expect an apology from the hotel or the national corporation.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank patsy80
Heather S, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inns & Suites Savannah Airport Pooler, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review about your stay. I would like to apologize about the issues you experienced. As far as the cleanliness, I can 100% assure you that things would have been made right/to your satisfaction if they were mentioned to the hotel staff. The front desk is open 24 hours a day for your convenience. Also, our hotel features a 24 hour cleaning services for guests who wake up late or have flights departing late in the afternoon. Please take advantage of this convenience wherever you decide to stay in the future, I guarantee that my advice will help you in the future. The cleaning staff have been trained to make sure all rooms are "Ultra Clean", and we Guarantee this 100%. In addition to our clean rooms, our hotel offers fresh baked cookies every night and a nightly nacho's social hour. Give our top rated Tripadvisor hotel in Pooler, GA a chance, and we will not let you down.

Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 28 March 2012

Had some dealing with a Staff Member by the name of A.J. He was very helpful.
Excellent Service!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Heather S, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inns & Suites Savannah Airport Pooler, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel on your trip to Savannah. Our true "Southern Hospitality" has made us very popular. We simply ask that you enjoy our new fresh baked cookies upon arrival next time you stay with us.

Thanks A Million!