“Close Enough and Far Enough Away”

Red Roof Inns & Suites Savannah Airport Pooler
Ranked #6 of 14 Hotels in Pooler
Reviewed 26 March 2013

This is a Red Roof with all indoor corridor rooms, so the "down & out" (first floor with adjacent parking space just outside your door) option is off, but it is well run and has a great breakfast with cereal, toast, coffee bar and waffles.
In place of my "down & out" I got a convenient first floor room close to the front. They can use more than the one luggage cart.
I used to stay at the Red Roof just south of downtown Savannah which was run down with a noisy and rough clientele and now is a Motel6.
For airport proximity this place works as it s close and not in the direct flight path like most airport motels.

Room Tip: Arrive early as the best parking spaces disappear fast.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Angela C, Public Relations Manager at Red Roof Inns & Suites Savannah Airport Pooler, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us and was convenient to the airport, with airport shuttle service provided. We are greatful to hear that we are an big upscale to other properties you have stayed at in the past. We take great pride in all employees to make sure our hotel stays in tip top shape. Next time you are in flying into the Savannah/Hilton Head airport make sure to stop in to get a goods night rest and ride back to the airport. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

Party like its 1999.... Seriously, I don't think this hotel has been updated or cleaned since. This hotel is seriously dated. Needs much more than just a coat of paint. Checked into a "pet" room even though we did not have pets. Room had a wood floor. Not hard wood, but just wood. I can understand as it's easier to clean up after a dog makes a mess, a least make them look welcoming. We could see where the carpet had been ripped up as there were fragments sticking out from under the dresser. The room had a microwave and fridge. This would have been a nice touch if they were clean. Freezer was frozen up and unusable. And it was off ballance, a previous guest or maid, used a bar of soap to "level" it. The ad we got said "flat screen TV's in every room. A 24" CRT is not a flat screen. Only had about 12 channels and no option for in room check out or pay per view.

As this hotel is "pet friendly" there was a big dog in one of the rooms across the hall. Every time someone walked down the hall, it would bark. Great way to be woken up at 4am.

Continental Breakfast was a joke.... Cold cereal, cold bagels, Hot waffles that tasted like they were using cheep "bisquick" as the batter. Took kids and wife across the street to Chick-fil-a instead. Could have used the money we spent there for a nice new hotel, just down the street.

Finally I understand this hotel is close to the airport and I expect a plane to come over every now and then. However there is an Air Force fighter wing stationed there. At 7:00am the hotel was buzzed by fighter jets. Great thing to wake up to.

Save your time, your money will be better spent elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank charles h
Reviewed 25 March 2013

We opt for Red Roof Inn when we travel with our dog. Since the properties have been updated they are comparable to many other chain hotels. The wood-like flooring was attractive and seemed so clean as compared to carpeting. The mattress was extremely comfortable. This property had a small work-out room and a comfortable lobby area. They also offered cookies! To top off our stay the front desk employee was friendly, helpful and efficient, in spite of the fact that he was feeling a bit under the weather. I would consider this hotel, dog or no dog! My only negative comment is related to the towels: very thin and scratchy.

Room Tip: If traveling with a dog, the rooms near a door are most convenient.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 March 2013

I enjoyed and had a great experience at your hotel. Mr. Aimy Putel was very professional in helping me get checked in at the hotel. The hotel was very clean and enjoyable. The climate of your hotel made me feel at home. Everything in my room was great and very comfortable. I also enjoyed the continental breakfast that was available the next morning. It feels good and safe when you can go to a hotel like Red Roof and not have to worry about anything. I had been at a educational conference in Savanna and was booked at the Hyatt for three days. Due to a mix up with my flight,i had to stay an extra day. Well I could not afford to stay an extra day at the Hyatt. I had just enough money and was blessed to stay at that Red Roof. Best choice I ever made. My stay at the Red Roof was just as good or better for less money and a free ride to the airport. I will be looking forward to booking my stay at the Red Roof where ever I travel. Great job and a wonderful experience. Leon Kittrell

Room Tip: Contact the hotel prior to traveling to get the best rate available. Red Roof will work with you to...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Heather S, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inns & Suites Savannah Airport Pooler, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2013

Dear Happy Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review about your stay. We are glad that your transition from the Hyatt to our hotel was exceptional. our housekeeping department truly understand the meaning of "Ultra Clean". Next time do not book on any online websites. By simply calling the hotel directly, you will get a price match guarantee, earn Red Roof Reward Points, and have a flexible cancellation policy. Be sure to enjoy our already popular Belgium Waffles every morning.

Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 7 February 2013

Great accommodations, professional staff! I had a problem and they fixed it right away! Thanks AJ! I was traveling to Florida with family and it started getting late and weren't going to make it to our destination so we called AAA and they found this deal for us. We are very pleased as it was close to the freeway and overall very pleasant.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sharisseb
Heather S, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inns & Suites Savannah Airport Pooler, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2013

Dear Happy Guest,

Your Review was very much appreciated. Our guests are exactly why all our staff work hard each and everyday. We call it "True Southern Hospitality". Thanks for mentioning: "Great accommodations, professional staff!"

See You Soon!

Reviewed 13 December 2012

My wife and i stayed here after a long day of driving. The front desk staff was courteous and efficient, suggesting a list of organizations offering a discount. My association with one of them got me a room with two full beds for $50.00..a truly unexpected value. While the furishings were sparse, the room, including the bathroom, was immaculate, well lit, and airy. The beds were extremely comfortable. We slept throught the night, until awakened by our prearranged wake-up call.
When we arrived at our next destination, some 12 hours later, I realized that I had left behind my brand new Canon Rebel EOS camera and lenses and accessories. I was extremely distruaght and immediatley called the hotel. The front desk ckerk transferred me to Ayjay Patel. Mr. Patel was amazingly accommodating. To my relief,he had my camera. He offered to take it to the local UPS office and ship it to me. After his work day was done he personally took the camera to the local UPS store and arranged for it to be shipped. The clerk at the UPS store called me from Mr. Patel's phone to get my credit card info. I wanted to write a letter to Mr. Patel's supervisor complimenting his efforts and found out that Mr. Patel is the supervisor...he is the General Manager of the hotel.

Mr. Patel's focus on customer satisfaction was obvious throughout my stay...a coiurteous and welcomming front desk staff, immaculately clean rooms, and extraordinary effort to see that my camera was returned safely to me.

Room Tip: Ask for a recenlty renovated room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank B R

Wonderful Experience = Wonderful Review!

Thanks A Million!

Reviewed 28 November 2012

I just do not understand how anyone can say this place is even fair never mind good? I can only assume the good reviews are hotel staff or owners b.s. The room I stayed in was 100% not cleaned properly before my stay. I mean I think the sheets were changed but that's about it. I had to buy a giant can of Lysol and baby wipes to clean the place myself. It was so dirty that I tried to clean a arm to a chair and after the fifth baby wipe came out black I just decided the chair was a lost cause. I figured the shower would of been cleaned but after I ran a face cloth over the wall it was obvious that not even that had been cleaned. It was so gross I just waited till I got home to shower the last day. I used a bunch of Lysol that's for sure. I also saw a bunch of small bugs around the sink area. I would say go somewhere else at all costs if you can. The owners and management and red roof should be TOTALLY EMBARRASSED for allowing the place to rent rooms in this kind of condition.

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor and find another hotel to stay at is the best tip I can think of.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Unclean r
Heather S, Director of Sales at Red Roof Inns & Suites Savannah Airport Pooler, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review about your stay. I would like to apologize about the issues you experienced. As far as the cleanliness, I can 100% assure you that things would have been made right/to your satisfaction if they were mentioned to the hotel staff. The front desk is open 24 hours a day for your convenience. Also, our hotel features a 24 hour cleaning services for guests who wake up late or have flights departing late in the afternoon. Please take advantage of this convenience wherever you decide to stay in the future, I guarantee that my advice will help you in the future. The cleaning staff have been trained to make sure all rooms are "Ultra Clean", and we Guarantee this 100%. In addition to our clean rooms, our hotel offers fresh baked cookies every night and a nightly nacho's social hour. Give our top rated Tripadvisor hotel in Pooler, GA a chance, and we will not let you down.

Hope to see you soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Pooler
Best Western Plus Savannah Airport Inn & Suites
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pooler/Savannah
La Quinta Inn & Suites Savannah Airport - Pooler
Quality Inn Pooler - Savannah I-95
Wingate by Wyndham Savannah Airport
Ramada Pooler/savannah
Ramada Pooler/savannah
#9 of 14 in Pooler

Been to Red Roof Inns & Suites Savannah Airport Pooler? Share your experiences!