Red Roof Inns & Suites Savannah Airport Pooler
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Pooler
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I stayed here with my two yr old for about 2 weeks, staff is very polite especially AJ; and one in paticular who works the nite shift...glasses is all i remember about him.....i was given a cot for my lil one soon after arrival......quiet at nite too! we will be returning......

• Stayed: May 2013

Reviewed 11 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed two nights here. They picked us up from the airport. The gentleman at check in was very polite and offered coupons for tours.

The bed was not very comfortable. They were renovating the halls. No fruit for breakfast.

The location was excellent! Just down from the airport. Next to I-95 entry ramp. Sam's Club, Walmart, Ruby Tuesday's, Arby's, Sonic and more within walking distance!! Location, location, location.

• Stayed: April 2013
Angela C, Public Relations Manager at Red Roof Inns & Suites Savannah Airport Pooler, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2013

Glad to hear that you took advantage of the airport shuttle we can offer to our guests, and the many restaurants and shopping centers with in walking distance. We are sorry for the inconvenience of the renovations we are currently doing but glad it didn't ruin your trip. Next time your going to visit Savannah stop on in for a reasonable price with many different amenities like nachos and cookies in the evening. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

This Red Roof was ok and better than the others along I-95 in Savannah, although the check in was a hassel. Not sure what happened, but there was some issue with the credit card and the credit card agent said it wasn't a problem they had. They have a breakfast buffet including a waffel maker. This day the juice machine was broken. The bed was comfortable and room clean. As usual the towels were Spartan. Easy off I-95 at exit 104. There are some good restuarants very close. I'd come back, so giving it a very good rating overall. .

Room Tip: We had our cat, so they put us on the ground floor.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us. We make sure all employees go above and beyond to make sure all guest are completely satisfied, even if there may be a few issues. We are proud to say that we are and ultra clean hotel even when we except pets. We hope to see you and your cat soon. Travel safe.

Reviewed 31 March 2013

We decided on this hotel so we could have a nice suite. The suites were nicely laid out, but I think they forgot the soundproofing. You could hear every word, step, door close, toilet flush, sink run and romantic evening next door and above. If you are a very sound sleeper then this probably will work for you, but not for light sleepers or people who like to go to bed early. We tried to take a bit of a nap one afternoon after a busy morning and a restless night, but that didn't happen either. People at the front desk and the breakfast server were very friendly and happy to help in any way they could. I was not very happy to walk into the lobby area to hear the desk manager on duty cussing at his kids. Just not what I wanted to hear on Easter morning.

Room Tip: Some of the other rooms may be quieter. Don't get the first floor suites.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

I would like to personally apologize about the situation that happened. We do our very best to make sure everything is perfect for all guests. I am delighted to hear that each and every staff member treated you with the southern hospitality we are so well known for. We hope all is well and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2013

I chose Red Roof in because of past travel experiences and reasonable rates. I was not disappointed. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Housekeeping was friendly and did a great job. The parking lot is well lit. Breakfast bar looked great, always clean. I only drink coffee, there was plenty. The rooms are in need of updating but I understand that is in the process. Halls were clean, rooms were clean, bed was comfortable. Customer service is a big issue with me. These people do customer serviced right, I would definitely stay here again. Mike, Doug and Ajay were just great! I didn't feel like a "guest" I felt like a member of the family. Thanx guys for making my trip even more enjoyable!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo

I am please to hear that all three gentlemen like up to the southern hospitality we are so well know for. The little things are what makes this hotel grow, the friendliness and they way they make you feel like home. That is one thing we can take pride in all of our employees. We hope next time you are in the area you stop in a visit your second family. Travel safe.

Reviewed 26 March 2013

This is a Red Roof with all indoor corridor rooms, so the "down & out" (first floor with adjacent parking space just outside your door) option is off, but it is well run and has a great breakfast with cereal, toast, coffee bar and waffles.
In place of my "down & out" I got a convenient first floor room close to the front. They can use more than the one luggage cart.
I used to stay at the Red Roof just south of downtown Savannah which was run down with a noisy and rough clientele and now is a Motel6.
For airport proximity this place works as it s close and not in the direct flight path like most airport motels.

Room Tip: Arrive early as the best parking spaces disappear fast.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
Angela C, Public Relations Manager at Red Roof Inns & Suites Savannah Airport Pooler, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

glad to hear you enjoyed your stay here with us and was convenient to the airport, with airport shuttle service provided. We are greatful to hear that we are an big upscale to other properties you have stayed at in the past. We take great pride in all employees to make sure our hotel stays in tip top shape. Next time you are in flying into the Savannah/Hilton Head airport make sure to stop in to get a goods night rest and ride back to the airport. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 25 March 2013

Party like its 1999.... Seriously, I don't think this hotel has been updated or cleaned since. This hotel is seriously dated. Needs much more than just a coat of paint. Checked into a "pet" room even though we did not have pets. Room had a wood floor. Not hard wood, but just wood. I can understand as it's easier to clean up after a dog makes a mess, a least make them look welcoming. We could see where the carpet had been ripped up as there were fragments sticking out from under the dresser. The room had a microwave and fridge. This would have been a nice touch if they were clean. Freezer was frozen up and unusable. And it was off ballance, a previous guest or maid, used a bar of soap to "level" it. The ad we got said "flat screen TV's in every room. A 24" CRT is not a flat screen. Only had about 12 channels and no option for in room check out or pay per view.

As this hotel is "pet friendly" there was a big dog in one of the rooms across the hall. Every time someone walked down the hall, it would bark. Great way to be woken up at 4am.

Continental Breakfast was a joke.... Cold cereal, cold bagels, Hot waffles that tasted like they were using cheep "bisquick" as the batter. Took kids and wife across the street to Chick-fil-a instead. Could have used the money we spent there for a nice new hotel, just down the street.

Finally I understand this hotel is close to the airport and I expect a plane to come over every now and then. However there is an Air Force fighter wing stationed there. At 7:00am the hotel was buzzed by fighter jets. Great thing to wake up to.

Save your time, your money will be better spent elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family