Red Roof Inns & Suites Savannah Airport Pooler
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
All reviewsoutlet mallbed was comfortableshopping and restaurantschecking inclean roomsfirst floorlots of restaurantsajaypethardwoodsavannahrripatrickfloridadogcerealmicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn June 27, 2014 through June 29, 2014. The minute I walked in I was greeted by Doug in a very hospitable manner. My room was very comforting, had all the amenities needed. The bed was comfortable and the noise level was zero considering I saw families with children and pets on the same floor as my room. The hotel was conveniently located to every attraction one would want to see, shopping and restaurants. To my surprise the hotel was only 20 minutes to my sister's house in Savannah. Bipin did a wonderful job keeping my room cleaned. I met AJ, the manager, who was very personable while checking out and informed him how I enjoyed my stay. My check-in , check-out and room service was great. I highly recommend this hotel and will stay again when visiting my sister in Savannah. This review is written from my own personal experience and opinion of hotel and I am not affiliated with anyone or any entity of Red Roof Inn, Pooler, GA.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Barbara5559
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stopped here late Saturday night July 19 because they were the only hotel with availability. There were people hanging around outside, lobby was dirty, the elevator was dirty but we were tired and took a room 220. Went in the room, checked the beds and found dirt along the bed edges and then a BED BUG. We ran out of the room and got our money back.
Definitely do not recommend staying here!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
8  Thank Lildron
Reviewed 19 July 2014

DON'T COME HERE. This place sucks. You're better off sleeping outside in my opinion. I stayed at the pooler location, and it was the worst vacation ever. Im not sure if they even have maids here. Im a single women of fifty, and traveled up here for seven nights. After the second night i checked out and went to a best western. They did not change the sheets, and they smelled strange. The bathtub had had rings of dirts, i went over to sams just to buy some flip-flops; my feet weren't touching that filth! The TV had a very bad signal, and the wifi didn't work. For breakfast, most everything was broken or stale. The only thing fresh was peeled boiled eggs. Um, i would rather peel my eggs; you don't whats touched them! Also, i was in room 214 and im pretty sure there were bed bugs. The front desk manager didn't even speak english well, and when i brought these things up, he just replied "i sorry!" DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY OR TIME.

• Stayed: July 2014
7  Thank Puppyxpawsxlove
Reviewed 17 July 2014

June 2014. The location of this hotel was great. It was near the airport, great shopping, and close enough to both historic Savannah and Tybee Island to be convenient. We were in town for a family event. I am very thankful we only had to stay one night. Granted, we had originally booked a smoking room since my husband was coming with us. But we have stayed in smoking rooms before without this problem. When the elevator doors opened, we all said, "What's that smell?" There was a musty, weird smell ever single time we opened our door and got off the elevator onto that floor. The carpets on that hall were either in the process of being pulled up or needed to be. They were lapped up over each other so that they were wrinkled up. They were a trip hazard on most of the hall. We also ended up with a few, shall we say, insect issues?? I was bitten five or six times by bed bugs that night. We also found a louse on my daughter's brand new stuffed animal she bought that night before going to bed from the restaurant across the street. I truly didn't want to scream 'bed bugs' in the lobby that morning, because for all I know it could have been an isolated incident. They DID use zippered mattress protectors and pillow encasements, however, I found one of the critters and bagged his butt. I took a photograph of him, left a note for the manager, and left it in my room. I didn't want to cause a huge scene in the lobby. I then sent an email a couple of days later to corporate. Did I hear back from them? NO. I sent another one two weeks later. Did I hear back from them? NO. My daughter even found where someone had dropped $60 in the hall. She knocked on the 2 doors closest to the money. No answer so she turned the money into the front desk and told the manager where she found the money at. After 60 days, legally that money is hers, if the rightful owner didn't call looking for it. Heck, the manager didn't even call to apologize for the bed bug bites.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't normally have pets.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Alecia D
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Due to the deplorable conditions of the hotel I had ORIGINALLY booked online, I declined check in and called the nearby Red Roof Inn ~ Not only was I given a great quote over the phone, but it was spot on when I arrived 15 minutes later. SUNNY at the front desk was kind, polite, had a nice sense of humor, interacted with my 2 children, offered to let us check the pool and room BEFORE we checked in, explained where everything was, breakfast, etc. After checking us in he then asked if we had any questions. Over the next 2 1/2 days while we were there, he was always friendly, and helpful. I wish I had found them FIRST! I would have even brought my pet (YES PET FRIENDLY NO EXTRA CHARGE as long as you make their presence known at check in), CLEAN POOL/pool area immaculate rooms (even a smoking room didn't stink!). Overall, 10++ on the hotel and Sunny's service ~ I'll be traveling back and forth for both business and pleasure and I will ONLY be staying there! Thanks!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family