“...not the best HI”

Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Pooler
Reviewed 31 December 2013

...We have stayed at several of the newer concept Holiday Inns lately and have been very satisfied so were looking forward to our stay. Previously we have traveled this area on Christmas Day and stayed at the Cambria Suites...(no longer Cambria?) but had bad experience when we thought thier restaurant was open on Christmas Day and it was closed and we were not prepared an my husband is diabetic and needed to eat... so we called ahead to this HI and were told their restaurant was open from 5-10... found it to be mainly a bar with a very limited menu.
To begin our stay the porter was a turn off who obviously was pushing for tips. We travel extensively and are well organized and prepared for overnight stops with our computer cases being wheeled ...but he comes to our car with a luggage rack and insinuated we wouldn't know how to get to our room....? What? it isn't that big a place. Since it was Christmas we let him take our luggage...
...Nice renovation but wonder how long it will be maintained with the present management?? When we made reservations on line there was an extra charge and we could get a hot breakfast.... That evening we noticed a table set up with breakfast type baked goods, muffins, etc. ... When we got to the breakfast area we were told there was no hot breakfast that day... and were given a refund...but again... we were expecting a hot breakfast like we have had at some other HI hotels in other parts of the country. ...thought we would try the Continental Breakfast but the baked goods were dry and not fit for eating and coffee pot was empty. Desk clerk removed it and it wasn't put back... Really no place to sit and eat as all lights were out in Restaurant area...
Being Rewards Member we feel we should get a good location... but... not here. We were put above the entry on the 2nd floor looking out at the entry cover and so no view out at all... Blocked... Would have complained if we were staying longer.
We stay in hotels between 200 and 300 nights a year so we aren't inexperienced travelers and know what to expect... and we do know we don't plan to return here... there are too many other good places to stay in this area.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JLSW38
rhmoney62, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

JLSW38

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent experience at the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Savannah/Pooler. I am very sorry to read that we failed to meet you needs in so many areas. Please accept my sincerest apologies for each of our short comings and you can be assured that I will address you concerns with my team so others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, I appreciate your feedback and I hope that you will give us another opportunity to earn your business in the future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 20 December 2013

We were on our way down to Florida and pulled off 95 and found this hotel. Front desk was so friendly- they accommodated all of us and our pup! We are always iffy on hotel restaurant food but here was delicious! Hotel just finished renovating and looks great. Lots of people were hanging out in the bar and lobby. I will definitely come back!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Judy B
rhmoney62, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Judy B

I’m glad you found us on your way to Florida and very happy to see that my front staff were friendly and they found you and your pup a place stay. You are not first person who has been surprised by our restaurant food and how good it is, we do take great pride in food we serve. I’m really glad that you enjoyed your stay and you like our new look.

Again, thank you for sharing your thought I look forward to meeting you when you visit Savannah again.

Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights because they allow pets. Hotel is in the middle of a major renovation. The rooms on the 3rd and 4th floor are done and they're working on the 2nd floor and lobby now. We were on the 3rd floor. Room was a suite so very spacious, smelled clean and fresh and the beds were super comfy! Love all the new colors and chic boutique look they're going for. Our shower needed some work. Had a bad leak above shower and made a loud noise while water was running. This hotel is about 15 minutes drive from downtown Savannah. Free parking, free wifi and a great price. We'd stay here again!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KimberlyR734

Good Afternoon KimberlyR734

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. It is good to know that our renovation was not too much of an inconvenience and that you like the new colors, I’m also happy to know that the beds were comfort table and your room was spacious and that our location worked for you. As you know we are still working on our hotel and we will be doing some improvements in our bathrooms to resolve the problem which you encountered.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

After spending one night in a horrible hotel we moved here and was wishing we had stayed the whole weekend here. Rooms are clean and the hotel smelled really nice. Checking in they were very nice and we're sympathetic to our experience at the other hotel. The hotel is under construction but not bothersome. We had breakfast the next morning and the server was outstanding. Thank you for turning a bad situation to a good one.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Good Day bdsiefert,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your feedback as I have been little busy with our renovations at our hotel. I am glad to see that your room clean and fresh and the staff at the desk and the restaurant were sympathetic and kind to you and that we were able to turn a bad experience into a good one.

Again, thank you for your feedback and I hope you stay with us again when you visit Savannah in the future

Best regards,

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I was traveling with a group of friends on bikes coming back from a trip to Florida. We spent one night here. The hotel itself is very nice and fairly priced. I am usually a big fan of Holiday Inn Express and stay there quite often on business and pleasure.

This is the first one that has ever refused to allow us to park our bikes under the awning out front for protection. We parked under a security light but sure enough my bike was broken into that night. The sorry individual's took my CD case, my camera and my MP3 player. It's my fault really, I should have know better than to leave my stuff in the saddle bags.

I informed the front desk the next morning and their response was that it had never happened before. I ask them to check the security cameras and they said that they didn't see anything. A couple of weeks later I received my CD's in the mail from the hotel. They said that the janitor had found them out back in the dumpster.

I still don't know what happened to my other stuff. I leave this review so that if you elect to stay here be sure that you take your valuables with you too your room! God Bless!

Room Tip: Watch your valuables!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank NcHarleyman
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear NcHarleyman,

Thank you very much for your recent stay with us. I am deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and please next you travel keep your valuables where you can see them to avoid the same scenario in the future. I appreciate you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 28 September 2013

I shop by price on my trips up and down the I95 corridor, so when I found this Holiday Inn for 82++ (about $10 cheaper than the other I-95 hotels in the Savannah area on that particular date) I pulled the trigger. It was my fault I didn't check the hotel specifics to find they offered no complimentary breakfast; but it was very late at night (morning) and I had confused this hotel with another Holiday Inn at exit 94 in which one of the reviewers wrote that the free breakfast didn't include the usual sausage and gravy biscuits entree they found at other HI breakfasts, so I assumed the same complimentary breakfast at this location. Ok, my bad, so not a strike against this hotel, but you are trip advised of this. BTW they have a Hardees right in in front of the door, and for breakfast biscuit sandwiches Hardees is the place!

The Hotel was clean as a pin and they put us right in the end corner room, normally my favorite choice. However, we were in the end room closest to I95, and the traffic noise could be heard in our 3rd floor room. Also between us and the next room was the emergency stairs, not usually a problem, unless energetic children decide to use the chairs (Bang! goes the door and thump thump thump down the stairs goes the pattering of feet, both late in the evening and early in the morning when you may be trying to sleep. So ask for the rooms furthest away from I95 and not beside the emergency stairs.

Room very nice and clean, refrigerator, microwave, complimentary coffee. Only one chair in the king-sized bed room, no couch. We had asked for extra down pillows in our reservation, and the hotel gave us extra pillows, but all were foam rubbery. No complimentary bottled water, but vending machines offered the same. Flat screen tv with cable and HBO. Wi-Fi worked well in the room.

A/C unit was quiet and could make that room COLD! just the way I like it. Toiletries and towels were fine. Bathroom and tub clean.

All in all a good stay, and if I returned and picked a better room from what I know now, it would probably be a regular for our stops. But with no complimentary breakfast, not.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the low numbers and away from the fire exit stairs. That should put you on the qui...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CaribbeanWonderer
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear CaribbeanWonderer,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your stay with us. We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. We appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 16 September 2013

My son and I had to go to Savannah on family business. Everything was exactly how I expected from my previous Holiday Inn-experience in other parts of the country. I had to add another day at the last minute, and this caused a small problem with my reservations, but it was handled courteously, quickly and professionally by their staff to my satisfaction. The room was clean,
the A/C worked quietly and efficiently, the beds were comfortable, and the staff was helpful and friendly.

Room Tip: Book reservations through AAA
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pooler
La Quinta Inn & Suites Savannah Airport - Pooler
Best Western Plus Savannah Airport Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Airport
Quality Inn Pooler - Savannah I-95
Magnolia Inn & Suites Pooler
Embassy Suites by Hilton Savannah Airport

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler? Share your experiences!