“Billed twice, on two different credit cards!”

Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Pooler
Reviewed 28 January 2010

I used Priceline to select a hotel during a trip from VA to FL. The system chose this hotel and billed my credit card. Once I arrived at the hotel, the guest services rep asked for a credit card that would cover any incidental charges. I gave them a card, different from the one I used for my Priceline purchase. When I checked out the next morning, the guest services rep told me everything was settled since I didn't have any additional charges. I then left the hotel, drove to Melbourne, FL and hopped a cruise ship. When I returned a week later, I noticed that the hotel had charged my credit card for the room. Keep in mind, I had already been charged by Priceline when I booked using a different card. When I called to complain, the person on the other end of the phone said that they inadvertently charged the wrong credit card. I told them that they shouldn't have charged anything, since I booked through Priceline. I stated that fact a different way, but she insisted that their hotel puts charges onto cards, even when guests use Priceline and Hotwire. She said this as if to imply that Priceline has nothing to do with the transaction. Yeah, whatever. In addition, this person could not help me. The only person who could would not be available for 3 or 4 days. To make a long story short, I had to call 3 times before they removed the charge from my credit card. That took about 2 weeks. I consider myself lucky to get my money back that "quickly." I wanted to share my experience. This sort of thing could happen anywhere. But from now on when I stay at a hotel, I will have a direct discussion about charges before I leave. Oh, by the way, the hotel was clean, warm, and cozy. Other than the shady charges, my stay was quite nice.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled solo

Reviewed 10 October 2009

We stopped at this hotel on the way to Disney World. We have three children ages 7, 5 and 2. This Holiday Inn participates in the Kids Eat Free promotion. The adult dinners were fantastic! Pork tenderloin with blueberry chutney and Grilled Red Snapper. They came with an excellent bread variety basket and large salads. The portions were large and filling. THe kids also had large plates of food that included desert. The next morning was again an excellent large breakfast. TWO children eat free for each adult. It is really an excellent value. THe hotel itself was clean and fresh. The shower felt spacious. we also enjoyed the indoor pool, luckily I had a life jacket for my toddler, the shallow end begins at three feet. We will definitely stay here on our next trip traveling through to Florida.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2009

I have stayed at this hotel twice when visiting Savannah, and I would stay again in a second.

I have stayed at 5 star hotels all over the world, and the service I received here BOTH times was equivalent, if not better, than what I have paid hundreds of dollars for at other hotels.

The rooms are a decent size for two people. The bathrooms are large, and the entire hotel is extremely clean. They also have a public PC downstairs for those who need to use the Internet. For those with families, there is a nice pool for the kids to play in.

The restaurant is really fantastic, though the prices are probably what you'd find if you went into Savannah to eat. Definitely good for breakfast. The staff are SO FRIENDLY. Some of the booths even have televisions built in so you can watch the morning news while you are enjoying your meal.

The only complaint I have is the speed of the wireless internet. If you are in an outer room, you will inevitably have issues connecting. Also, try to get a room that does not face the parking lot. The lot lights are extremely bright, and you need to close all your curtains in order not to be blinded by them. The backside of the hotel has a lot of trees and is really very pretty.

Easy access to the airport, and one straight shot to downtown Savannah, this hotel is really in a good location for those who don't want to stay downtown, or who have an early flight in the morning and want somewhere close by the airport.

But seriously, the staff are what make this hotel great. They bend over backward to make your stay a good one.

If you are heading to Savannah, you really should stay here. I cannot say enough good things about it...

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 August 2009

We stayed here for one night on our way to FL. Everything was great. The staff are friendly and very hlepful.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2009

We chose a place that was about halfway to Orlando, FL. This was the second time we stayed here. The first time was also in Dec 2007. The hotel is one of the cleanest HIE and close to alot of restaurants. Courteous staff and the rooms are very very clean. The beds are one of the best I have stayed in and about the same as our home mattress. I wish all hotels had their mattresses. You can't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dlobmwm3
Reviewed 26 March 2009

Staff was very professional and help us with business plans and local points of interest. They went out of their way to make sure our stay was the very best possible. We were very pleased with the facilities and restaurant services.

Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
1  Thank JPTucson
Reviewed 23 February 2009

Stayed here for one night on way from Miami to NY. Front desk staff couldn't have been nicer. I had no problems with any noise from any other room. Location was just a mile or so from an awesome Longhorn Steakhouse.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank brh31
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pooler
La Quinta Inn & Suites Savannah Airport - Pooler
Best Western Plus Savannah Airport Inn & Suites
Quality Inn Pooler - Savannah I-95
Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Airport
Magnolia Inn & Suites Pooler
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pooler/Savannah

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler? Share your experiences!