“Hotel great, breakfast disgusting”

Sleep Inn & Suites Pooler
Ranked #11 of 15 Hotels in Pooler
Reviewed 22 December 2013

We always stayed at this convenient hotel while going North and South since it was new.. The grounds are neat, the lobby clean, the desk clerk very good and the rooms well maintained. This trip the breakfast experience was disgusting and far from acceptable. At 8:15 both coffee pots were empty,(we later found out there was no coffee brewed or brewing in the kitchen so the wait was pretty long) the trash can was over flowing, corn flake cereal dispenser had about 4 flakes, the bread was pretty hard (stale) and the bagels were doughy. There were about 4 sausage patties left in the bottom of the hot plate but they were sitting in the 1/16 inch deep pool of grease that dripped off them during reheating. Apparently they never heard of putting some paper towels in the bottom of the pan. There was no eggs (as advertised by the reservation phone center) and no attendant in site.The counter was dirty and the milk tasted spoiled with a near by family throwing their kids milk in the trash can. I went to the desk to report situation and the desk clerk got the attendant from the back office.She told me the eggs provided were the cold hard boiled eggs in the fridge. The attendant was also unacceptable. Her apron was filthy, pants dirty, and needed some routine personal hygiene. Won't stay here anymore until owner makes serious changes. While cold hardboiled eggs are indeed eggs, When eggs are connected to a 'hot breakfast' the average traveller would expect at least the scrambled egg 'patties' provided at other hotels along with english muffins (not here) to make an egg muffin sandwich. What a shame this otherwise acceptable hotel is off my list.

Room Tip: go some where else until owner fixes this misleading breakfast description, breakfast quality and un...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Robert A
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Pooler, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Thank you for posting a review of your visit to our hotel. I am so sorry that the breakfast was not supplied and supervised as it should have been during your visit. The manager has addressed this issue so others will not experience the same as you.
I am so glad the hotel met your expectations.
We appreciate your business and hope your will visit again.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Since this is a choice hotel and I am a member, I chose to stay here the weekend of 11/8 to 11/10.
The first issue was I arrived an hour early and 0 rooms were ready. Had to wait for check in at 3:00. Was put in a room next to the pool and had to move due to a high chlorine smell from the pool. So went upstairs and was put in a room right across from a lady with 5 kids. (NOISEY) But all in all it was a good stay, staff was friendly, breakfast was good and I would stay again, this time on the third floor.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hcoffee
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Pooler, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Thank you for your review, I apologize for the room situation, chlorine smell and 5 kids would be too much for most, I am truly sorry for this inconvenience to you.
Your review is very important to us, it gives us the guest opinion of our facilities and services.
Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

We had go on this hotel on road trip to Florida. The environment is définitively for one night only, because for go to dinner It is necessary to take the car. The staff is kind, but the swimming pool was not warmed, The lunch, 1/2 the hour after the beginning was lacking everything
.Unfortunately I read that it more had been 3 weeks since the swimming pool was defective, And the employee my said that she did not know it. And there was a lot of noise in corridors.

Room Tip: don't take you room close to the pool. Go to breakfast early because you don't have all the...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I feel sure you meant breakfast (not lunch), and you are correct, it should be well stocked for the entire breakfast hours. I will forward your review with the manager so improvements can be made. I apologize for the inconvenience to you.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

After a long drive from New York we used the Sleep Inn for a nigh of rest. Its conveniently located off 95 South. The parking lot is small but we were able to park our large truck there.

Check in was easy and quick. The price $58.00 with my AAA discount. We normally stay at another high end hotel but vetoed the idea after a horrible experience last month. The room was newly decorated and clean. The bathroom shower could use a better cleaning. I did see some mold and hard water stains.

The bedding was clean, and beds not as soft as the "other hotel" but we slept well.

The staff was very helpful and the continental breakfast was great. It saved us from eating at diner and wasting time. We liked the Sleep Inn's pricing and accommodations so much we stayed at two more different hotels during the period we were traveling. I highly recommend for someone on a budget and looking for a clean well maintained hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Pooler, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Thank you for your review, it is so good to know that we exceeded your expectations and you enjoyed your visit.
Please plan to visit again soon, we appreciate your business

Reviewed 30 September 2013

The room was very good for the money we spent. I was very pleased. Very clean and modern. The shower was very nice. The room was quiet and I could have slept all day because it was cool and dark! Just what I like in a hotel. My only complaint was the parking lot. It was completely full, so I had to park off premises.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Gloria B, Guest Relations Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Pooler, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2013

Thank you for choosing the Sleep Inn in Pooler for your recent stay. We appreciate your business and for taking time to post your review of our property. I will discuss the parking problem with our manager to see if we can solve the problem.
Please plan to visit again when you come to the Savannah area.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

The room was nice but the comforters were dirty. Bathroom was nice but the whole reason I booked this hotel was for the heated pool. It wasn't heated and doesn't seem to have ever been. It is ice cold and we couldn't get in it. Very disappointed and so was my 4 year old

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank MelissaStrutzel

I am so sorry that our pool heating system was not working properly during your recent stay. We do appreciate your business and hope you will visit again soon.
Again, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience to you and your grandson.

Reviewed 23 September 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here twice and it is a great hotel. My only gripes are the short breakfast hours and tiny parking lot. I have had to park on the street both times. The hotel is clean and the staff is friendly

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We appreciate your business and I will discuss your remarks with our manager.
Please plan to visit with us again soon.