“Wonderful Surprise”

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Pooler
Jacksonville, Florida
“Wonderful Surprise”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Very surprising stay. The location is right off I-95 in a bottle-neck area with a lot of traffic. My room was a Suite on the "road" side but there was no noise. Very impressed.. The room was very clean and welcoming, with a large desk for working. The check-in was fast and the staff was smiling.

There are plenty of restaurants and a nice convenient store next door. As long as you don't get out during rush hours you will be fine.

I would recommend this location not only for business but family stays as well.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Hudson, Florida
Reviewed 24 November 2013 via mobile

We made our reservation to stay for the night and we used our membership points. Our room was a full suit room with a king size bed. Everything was updated and very clean, service was excellent. The morning continental breakfast was more like a full buffet Sunday brunch! We have added this location to our favorite list and looking forward to our next stay here.
To the staff and management of the hotel, Keep up the good work folks don't change!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheBombays
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Our room was very clean, and we enjoyed the stay. I can honestly say there was nothing that we did not like about our stay. If I could request anything it would be for them to have scrambled eggs on the menu. The price was okay we are retired veterans. I also like the fact that they are pet friendly, but this time we did not bring our pets cause it was just overnight. The staff was very friendly; at check in and during breakfast, we was greeted each time. Adequate parking and light.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Pine Ridge, Florida
Reviewed 20 November 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This is a great Place with our dog Shadow to stop going Home from NJ to FL. Great place to stop with dog, they are very friendly, it is clean and the breakfast is good also. There are several places to eat within a mile or so from the hotel

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I was helping a friend move, and so we chose this hotel as a stopping point on a very long trip. Thankfully, the hotel was easy to find, and right off the highway. The front desk clerk was pleasant and helpful, even taking out a map to help us find the best route to downtown Savannah for dinner, and she did it all with a smile. We didn't use the pool, mainly because we were so tired from the driving, but it looked well kept, as did the rest of the property. We each had our own room and my friend brought along her two small dogs without a problem (no extra fees). Although my friend thought her room seemed small, I loved my room...Big comfortable beds, a TV to keep me company, a desk for my laptop, and I found it easy to use the Wifi in the room, so I was actually able to check emails and even check in on my silly online game!

I'd give the hotel an "Excellent", but I found 2 problems...an alarm clock I couldn't figure out (so I used my watch to wake me up) and the lever for the shower was loose, and it took me quite a while of "lever spinning" to figure out how to get water...but I finally was able (I alerted the front desk clerk before I left, so hopefully it's now fixed).

Our rooms were at the end of the second floor hallway, far from the elevator, but we found it convenient to use the nearby carpeted stairwell, especially when taking the dogs out to do their business through a side door. Maybe because of all the carpet, I never heard anyone in the hallway or the stairwell which was next to my room. In the morning, we walked down to the dining room and helped ourselves to whatever we liked at the very-well-stocked free breakfast bar...a definite plus for the weary traveler.

Bottom line, I'd choose this place again if I had to take a long road trip.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed 7 November 2013

We stay at tis very nice hotel twice a year--on our way down to our Florida home in November, anon our way back to our NH home in April. We have two dogs who are always welcomed by the very friendly staff. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Even though the hotel is located just off Route 95, it is protected from traffic noise. there are a couple of nearby restaurants, a steak place and a pizza place. A nice complementary breakfast is served in the morning to see us on our way. We always look forward to staying at La
Quinta in Pooler!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We expected better. I was very disappointed with the way we were treated. Horrible customer service. Both my wife and I were not treated well. We will stay elsewhere when we next visit the Pooler/Savannah area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank John B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pooler
Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites Savannah-Pooler
Best Western Plus Savannah Airport Inn & Suites
Red Roof Inns & Suites Savannah Airport Pooler
Wingate by Wyndham Savannah Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Pooler/Savannah
Hampton Inn & Suites Savannah Airport

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Savannah Airport - Pooler? Share your experiences!