“Dirty Motel”

Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Pooler
Harborton
“Dirty Motel”
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We have always had good luck with Motel 6, but this one was not a good choice. If we had not been so tired from a very long drive, plus we had made reservations in advance, we would have left immediately after looking at the room. This is an older motel - the front section has been condemned as unsafe (desk clerk told us it was termite damage). Our room was in the back section. The carpet was dirty and badly stained. The bathroom had black mildew growing on the caulking around the tub. To top it off, there was what sounded like hammering going on in a nearby room for several hours. Maybe renovations?
We chose this motel for its convenient location to Savannah, but will never stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 897LEM

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 30 June 2012

Decent hotel. Great for a one night stay on our way to Florida. I don’t think I would stay here for any longer than one night. Just because it does not have the amities I like at the Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn. But great hotel for one night and at a great price. I would stay here again when traveling back home from Ohio.

Room Tip: stay on the top floor
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ryan0889
Fairfield, Virginia
Reviewed 13 January 2012

We spent the night at this motel while traveling to Florida from Virginia on Christmas Day. We arrived around 10 pm and was very tired. The room is old and needs remodeling badly, the price was 45 dollars so I guess you don't expect fancy but I don't think the room was clean. When I booked the room in advance I didn't notice that it was a Ramada Limited as they usually are not up to the standards of Ramada's. We would not recommend this motel. It just needs a thurough cleaning.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dic1000
Macon
Reviewed 25 January 2011

The rooms are basic but the carpet was filthy! After only minutes our socks were filthy and black. We switched rooms the carpet was cleaner but the heat/air unit did not function. The hotel also is used by truckers (only the cab) but they start their rigs up early and that is all you hear until about 8 or 9 am. Diesels engines idle loudly! I asked the desk clerk about a nearby grocery store (it was late and dark)...she sent me 3 miles away and the next morning we discoverd a Food Lion right across the street. The hotel is convient to the aiport but still a good but easy drive from downtown about 20 minutes.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank jsbmrd
Greenville
Reviewed 1 November 2009

We wanted to visit Savannah for 3 nights (Sun-Tues) and not pay the downtown high prices ($150+/night). We figured to stay a little outside of town and travel into the historic district everyday to save money. Not many cars in the parking lot when we arrived (about 5), but a few more cars arrived after we were there. I think the entire hotel was only about 10% occupied. The pros: 2 queen-size beds that were very comfortable and long (I'm 6'4"). Beds were Ramada Emerald Serta Perfectsleepers. Our room (103) was one of the just- remodeled rooms. Carpet was clean, bathroom clean, no bad smells. Our heating/cooling unit was an effective digital unit that looked new. TV was a new 32" LCD wide screen. Free HBO, internet, coffee maker, hair dryer & iron. Very nice continental breakfast. Breakfast was not fancy but had plenty of selections. Front desk was very polite & helpful. Icemaker had loads of ice - probably because there were so few people there. Cons: No cleaning Service on Mondays - rooms were not serviced that day at all (front desk gave us new towels). Our iron did not work, but front desk had it replaced rather quickly. Bed pillows were overstuffed & too thick (bring your own pillow). About a 20 minute drive from the historic district. A little difficult to enter & exit the parking lot from the main road. Pets are allowed - for an additional fee. Overall experience: This Hotel cost about $54/ night (with discount). Great price. Get one of the newly reconditioned rooms. We did see one of the older (pre-reconditioning) rooms and it was very disappointing (carpets were stained...). Cleaning service was very good (other than on Monday). I'd stay here again if I could get a room like the room we had on this trip (a newly reconditioned room). Just don't make a mess over Sunday night, because it won't get cleaned up until Tuesday. See attached pics.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Willmont
toronto
Reviewed 9 April 2008

We had none of the problems the previous reviewer had. Our first-floor room was quiet and more or less clean (the carpet was a bit iffy, but everything else was fine). The king-size bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was fine, though there were some early signs of mildew on one wall. Nice to have the bathroom sink and counter outside the toilet / shower. Front-desk staff were very friendly, and the basic breakfast (included in the price) was just as expected.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Cedar Falls, Iowa
Reviewed 23 March 2008

Just returned last week after staying at this hotel for one night during St. Patrick's day.. I have been traveling for my job for the last 12 years and this is the worst hotel that I have stayed at. Walking to my room, someone had a cat in their room and someone was cooking supper in an electric fry pan..so there are people living there. When I got to the room, I was scared to touch anything. The walls were dirty, the carpet was so bad I was scared to take off my shoes and the bathroom...well...I don't want to discuss the bathroom. I am not a picky person but I would never stay at this hotel and I would suggest you do the same...there are other nice hotels right on the same road for the same price.

• Stayed March 2008, travelled with friends