Econo Lodge
US$79
US$66
US$63
Good 3.5/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Love, love, love the Historic District of Savannah and this motel is only 15 minutes away and at a price that is a steal! The staff are friendly and informative about places to see and the best restaurants to visit. The rooms are clean and the beds are very comfortable. They have a continental breakfast, wifi, cable and premium channels. They are within walking distance to several restaurants and fast food establishments. We will definately return to this great little find just 15 minutes from Savannah!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank jackho
Reviewed 19 July 2011

I was headed north from Orlando to Richmond and stopped for the night near Savannah in Pooler, Georgia. I was a bit concerned about the hotel from the exterior but stopped to get a price. I arrived at 7 pm, and at that time, you can't go in; the front desk woman talked to me through an evening window (again, making me question the safety of the hotel). I always like to smell/look at a room before checking in (since I've had some "non-smoking" rooms over the years that reeked), but at this hotel, I had to check in before being able to see/smell the room (very unusual). The front desk lady was very friendly and told me the rooms were very nice, so I gave it a shot. She was right! The room was big and had good air conditioning, a comfortable bed, GREAT cable TV, GREAT wifi, a fridge, a microwave, a decent shower, and good lighting, plus it didn't smell! Breakfast included 4 cereals, bagels, my favorite danishes, instant oatmeal, coffee, and juice. The only other negative was I had trouble closing the door. Because I was travelling alone, I was given a room closer to the road, which I appreciated. Lots of fast-food restaurants are within a couple of minutes of driving. I would stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank ChemTeacherTraveller
Reviewed 12 July 2011

We had planned on staying here one night but enjoyed it so much as a homebase during our Savannah visit that we extended an extra night.

All units are on the first floor so we were able to park right at the door. The room was bright and very clean. There was a perfect outdoor pool with a depth of 6' at one end. Something you don't see very often these days. The pool temperature was perfect. Just cool enough to be refreshing without being too hot.

We saw very few people and I mentioned to the manager that we were lucky to have the place all to ourselves. She assured me that many of the rooms were occupied with workers who left early each morning and returned later in the evening. Couldn't prove it by me. We did see several vehicles parked outside later that evening but the place was quiet as could be. We woke up the next morning to enjoy feeling like we had the place all to ourselves again.

The location was great. Close to lots of restaurants, right off the interstate and close to Savannah. We had two double beds, refridgerator, microwave, and coffee maker. The beds were very comfortable. And the price was great! Around $50 per night for 4 of us. I would definitely recommend this motel!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank KentuckyPat
Reviewed 12 June 2011

My family was on our way to Florida. We were driving and tired. Looking for a budget friendly, clean family hotel.. Stopped for gas by this hotel and checked the price. I found the price very reasonable. The room was clean and cheery. The air condition was nice and cold. Very quiet on a weekend with alot of people checked in. Pool was clean, neat, and warm as bath water for my 2 year old grandson. Breakfast was free and filled up our family. The hotel clerk lady was kind, friendly and helpful. Fit in our budget nicely and woke up refreshed.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 June 2010

I have to say this was definitely a pleasant surprise. We wanted something inexpensive, relatively close to Tybee Island. We paid less than $60.00 per night, the room was very clean, nice and bright, pretty convenient to the beach. We did have a problem with the air conditioning in out room not working as well on the 2nd night there and were promptly given a different room which was soooo cold that I had to turn off the air during the night. It was definitely an unexpected surprise for the money we paid.. and, the bed was the most comfortable motel bed that I've slept on.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple