“Typical, no frills, decent value”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Pooler
Reviewed 30 January 2012

You've probably stayed in many just like this one. Fine for an overnight, but I wouldn't want to live there. Front desk very helpful. High marks. Rooms clean, firm bed, minimal amenities. Surprised that there was no coffee maker in the room. And breakfast... Well, not much to choose from.
The absolute best part, though, was Dickey's Barbecue Pit right down the street. Looks like a small shop in a strip mall, but it provided some of the best BBQ that I've ever had. Eat in or take back to the motel (no beer served). Good enough to be worth a side trip if you're ever around Pooler, GA.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Econo Lodge

Reviewed 26 December 2011

Broken shower, a big hole in the floor and a smell of smoke. The women in the reception was so unfriendly and it was so easy so see that to her every customer and question was a potential problem. So in total; this motel is way below average. I do not recomend it.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 November 2011

"Convenient location off the freeway. Like a motel, and I can't say I've stayed in any others, but if this is what they're like, I wouldn't stay in one again. It felt like a portable/trailer. The walls are thin and we could hear our neighbours word for word at normal speaking levels. My daughter liked walking on the floor a little harder than usual because it "shook". We were afraid the neighbors were going to complain. Rooms are clean, but are in dire need of some renos. The beds are a bit on the soft side and the ceilings are full of water stains and there was a pretty big hole under the carpet by the air conditioner/heater unit where my daughter's foot could have fallen through if there was a weak spot in the carpet.. The breakfast, as one other poster said "a kid planned it", is not good. Saturday morning at 8 am and there were two store-bought apple danishes, a dozen mini red velvet cupcakes, 2 mini cinnamon danishes, two small bland bagels, yogurt, 4 types of sugary cereals that my daughter loved, milk, coffee with packaged whitener, tea and packages of instant oatmeal. I was expecting a continental breakfast, which is what I normally would have, but this was horrible. We went out to eat. Someone else came in, took a look at the selection and left. The area felt safe enough, with nothing much around and the staff were nice. It is 15 minutes to Old Town Savannah which was great. Don't expect too much - I thought it was too much for what we paid. We've stayed at much nicer hotels for the price we paid."

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 17 September 2011

My credit card statement shows that this hotel charged me twice.

I then called the hotel, and the lady who answered the phone put me on hold and never came back. I called for the second time (long distance) and she put me on hold without listening why I am calling. What a rip off!

Do not use this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel. This hotel also charged me for the safe in the room and never let me know...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank tw1815
sadgirlpooler, Front Office Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2011

this guest was not charged twice,we emailed him and asked him to get in touch with card company,also the key dposit was credited back

Reviewed 16 September 2011

I live in Savannah, and my ex-husband stayed here for a visitation weekend with our son. I was pleasantly surprised at the extra amenities in the room considering its low price - and the outside pool was nice. The rooms were clean, and it is all ground floor, which cut down on noise. The property seemed secluded despite being a few feet from Interstate 95. The best part was the location. They could easily get anywhere in town, from the beach to restaurants to his football game to fishing to WalMart for supplies. There was also plenty to do right in that small area of Pooler, including putt-putt and go-karts at Fun Zone and visiting the Mighty Eighth Air Force Museum. We will definitely use this motel again, especially during race season for convenience to Oglethorpe Speedway.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2011

My husband, mother-in-law, and I stayed here for two nights over labor day weekend. It is a good place to stay while visiting Savannah if you're on a budget. The hotel is only about 15 mins away from the Historic District of Savannah and it's very easy to get to as well. The hotel is right off of I-95 and the road it's located on (US Hwy 80) becomes Bay street which is in the historic district. While this isn't the ritz it's more than comfortable for a few nights while sightseeing. If you don't mind a short drive and looking for parking this is a good place to stay.

Some info about the hotel: It's all one story so no stairs to worry about. There's a good amount of fast food and gas stations around the hotel. They have a small outdoor pool. I didn't use it, only drove past.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Love, love, love the Historic District of Savannah and this motel is only 15 minutes away and at a price that is a steal! The staff are friendly and informative about places to see and the best restaurants to visit. The rooms are clean and the beds are very comfortable. They have a continental breakfast, wifi, cable and premium channels. They are within walking distance to several restaurants and fast food establishments. We will definately return to this great little find just 15 minutes from Savannah!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends