“Wonderful desk clerk. Good price, needs better cleaning.”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #13 of 14 Hotels in Pooler
Mount Carmel, Tennessee
“Wonderful desk clerk. Good price, needs better cleaning.”
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Spent 1 night. Wonderful desk clerk, real sweetheart and helpful. Rom was ok but noticed a lot of bugs outside, which made me paranoid. Rooms looked clean until i went to take bath and seen a couple hairs in tub. The final few hours before we left a extra large spider was found in bathroom and another smaller one near lamp. I got out of there fast after that.

• Stayed July 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I made the mistake of staying here in a so called suite for my anniversary! It did have a jet hot tub, but everything was horrible. There was mismatched furniture in the room, a huge bulg of a patch on one wall, and a filthy carpet! I couldn't believe it. The website stated it was newly remodeled. This room must have been skipped! Please don't waste your time.

• Stayed October 2011
1 Thank NurseHondie
Topeka, Kansas
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My travel office booked me into this hotel for a night, as the other hotels were full. I entered room 109 to find that the lock was broken, and had been repaired multiple times. It currently has a lock plate that doesn't fit, over a crack where the door had been kicked in. Not a good sign!

I then made the mistake of touching the chair in the room. It was covered in filth. I went to the desk and asked about this, and the clerk handed me some sheets and suggested that I cover the dirty furniture. I asked him if there was a theft problem because of the broken door, and he responded, "Not in THAT room, to the best of my knowledge."

Upon returning to the room, I noticed that the lampshade over the bed was not only sideways, but that it had a stain on it that looked like dried blood. The bathroom, if you could call that tiny space that, was beyond disgusting. The toilet had feces stains in it, and it was very dark in there. Why so dark? Because the light was full of dead bugs.

That night I was treated to a wonderful symphony of competing rap music from cars in the lot. I couldn't block it out, because of the inch and a half space below the door (that was also letting bugs in).

My company has placed this hotel chain on the 'blocked' list, after I emailed them the pictures of my room.

This motel would be perfect for you if you intend to sell crack out of the room. Otherwise - Do Not Stay There!!!

Room Tip: Rooms in the front did not appear to have as many drug dealers or hookers hanging around.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Wolfgang60747
sadgirlpooler, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, 12 April 2012
We regret that this guest was not completely happy with his stay at the Econo Lodge. His room was pre-booked by his company and it was during the busy St. Patrick's week, where no rooms were available unless through cancellation or until this holiday weekend was over. It is clear that this guest was unhappy being in a budget friendly hotel versus a full service upscale property. He did notify staff about a stain on the chair in his room and was given a sheet to cover the chair until it could be replaced the next morning. Normally, he would have been moved to another room, but no rooms were available. Several attempts were made to move chair but guest had DND sign on his door. Our staff is dedicated to providing excellent service and will accomodate any requests or concerns made by a guest. However, if we do not know something is amiss, we cannot address the issue. Note: Stain on chair was evident and maintenance was sent to change but DND was on door. Light fixture had insulation dust inside, not bugs. (insulation had recently been blown into ceiling and all was not settled). Bathrooms are small, but that was evident upon check in and we would have let him check out and go elsewhere the night of his arrival with no penalty. All other problems this guest encountered should have been reported and would have been taken care of immediately. Once again, we apologize for the legitimate complaints that this guest did have.
Reviewed 9 February 2012

usually this hotel is ok. U get what u pay for. But this time I called to ask a ffew questions n the lady at the desk acted like I was the problem for calling n asking bout the rooms. I mean she even hung up on me while I was mid word!! Then when we checked in she was rude I mean we felt so out of place n so unwelcome. Anyother time we.stay ots friendly n a joy but this lady I dont know if she is going to be like this she( or mangment) needs to look for someoone/something more up their alley. But the rooms was.fine beds always comfy but the lady at the desk cost them a guest ill never return unless I can b sure ill never get checked in by that lady again!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2012
germantown, md
Reviewed 30 January 2012

You've probably stayed in many just like this one. Fine for an overnight, but I wouldn't want to live there. Front desk very helpful. High marks. Rooms clean, firm bed, minimal amenities. Surprised that there was no coffee maker in the room. And breakfast... Well, not much to choose from.
The absolute best part, though, was Dickey's Barbecue Pit right down the street. Looks like a small shop in a strip mall, but it provided some of the best BBQ that I've ever had. Eat in or take back to the motel (no beer served). Good enough to be worth a side trip if you're ever around Pooler, GA.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Sweden
Reviewed 26 December 2011

Broken shower, a big hole in the floor and a smell of smoke. The women in the reception was so unfriendly and it was so easy so see that to her every customer and question was a potential problem. So in total; this motel is way below average. I do not recomend it.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Markham, Canada
Reviewed 19 November 2011

"Convenient location off the freeway. Like a motel, and I can't say I've stayed in any others, but if this is what they're like, I wouldn't stay in one again. It felt like a portable/trailer. The walls are thin and we could hear our neighbours word for word at normal speaking levels. My daughter liked walking on the floor a little harder than usual because it "shook". We were afraid the neighbors were going to complain. Rooms are clean, but are in dire need of some renos. The beds are a bit on the soft side and the ceilings are full of water stains and there was a pretty big hole under the carpet by the air conditioner/heater unit where my daughter's foot could have fallen through if there was a weak spot in the carpet.. The breakfast, as one other poster said "a kid planned it", is not good. Saturday morning at 8 am and there were two store-bought apple danishes, a dozen mini red velvet cupcakes, 2 mini cinnamon danishes, two small bland bagels, yogurt, 4 types of sugary cereals that my daughter loved, milk, coffee with packaged whitener, tea and packages of instant oatmeal. I was expecting a continental breakfast, which is what I normally would have, but this was horrible. We went out to eat. Someone else came in, took a look at the selection and left. The area felt safe enough, with nothing much around and the staff were nice. It is 15 minutes to Old Town Savannah which was great. Don't expect too much - I thought it was too much for what we paid. We've stayed at much nicer hotels for the price we paid."

• Stayed November 2011