“Renovations in progress. Amazing FREE Breakfast!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Savannah I-95 North
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Port Wentworth
Hagerstown
“Renovations in progress. Amazing FREE Breakfast!”
Reviewed 23 June 2014 via mobile

We chose this hotel because it was pet friendly. ($20 pet fee). From the outside it looked brand new, but upon entering we realized it was one being renovated. They must have redone the outside first. The lobby was nice and the halls were clean. The pet room we received was on the 1st floor which was convenient. The beds were not too comfortable, too soft. The duvet cover was dirty and covered with pet hair as was the curtains. The bath was clean but the door lock was missing and the fan was LOUD. The walls were well insulated. The big screen tv was nice too. But the big winner was the amazing breakfast the next morning. Huge selection! Sausage, potatoes, eggs, waffles, cereals, fruit, yogurt, pastries, juices, milk, coffee, tea, and hot chocolate. AMAZING! We used the pool and hot tub, too much chlorine and not warm enough, plus a lot of stuff cluttering the area. Not impressed. Keep on renovating as this place certainly has potential to be a wonderful hotel with some more work. We will try it again next time we travel and see how the renovations went.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank dink1012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The place seems pretty new, my room was clean and quiet. The people at the front desk were friendly. I would stay again. Breakfast was just the usual fare. All in all, a good value for the price (I paid $76 with a coupon from the travel book at the rest areas) It is getting hard to find a nice clean room for under a $100, so I was satisfied.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Rockwood
Reviewed 11 June 2014

We stayed there twice 8 days apart. The front end staff is outstanding , Unfortunately the state of the hotel is nowhere near the Carlson hotel standards.
Broken or missing window screens, bathroom fan unusable because of noisy bearings, lock on pool men's toilet door unserviceable, just general poor maintenance on a Motel 6 level.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Decatur, Georgia
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Amenities specifically the pool were out of order when we arrived. we were told that 1st night that it would be working by the next day. that was a lie we specifically came to this hotel because of the amenities. if we had known in advance that they were not going to work all weekend we would have gone elsewhere. Housekeeping barged in our room while we were still sleeping on both mornings. no channel guide for the television refrigerators neither kept things cold asked to speak to management about my issues and was told I would get a call....nothing yet

Room Tip: make sure everything works before you walk in the door!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ims19672014
nsheth912, Front Office Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Savannah I-95 North, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
On behalf of our entire staff at Country Inns & Suites we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed these issues with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.

Ursula Cooper
Country Inns &Suites
912-964-2300

Travellers are raving about these Port Wentworth hotels

Washington, DC
Reviewed 19 May 2014

The front staff was very friendly. The room was clean and had a refrigerator and microwave--always nice. The room was $109 and the pet fee $20. Beautifully landscaped, a nice surprise. We had a King Suite that had a pull out sofa and bedroom with a bath in-between. This is a good floor plan for traveling with three adults for one night.

The indoor pool and spa were both closed. We also could not get all the TV channels which was irritating. There is only once show we watch on Friday night and we couldn't get the channel. We called the front desk to no avail.

Nice breakfast offered in the morning.

Would stop here again on the way up or down 95. A good value.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Hendersonville, North Carolina
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Nice property, very courteous staff, and convergent to I95 and downtown Savannah. A bit pricey for location and advertised hot breakfast was also disappointing. Would not be my first choice BUT because we need a five person suite would stay their again if other options were not available. NOT a bad place, nice property, just not the usual price/value I am used to with a Carlson Proprty

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Trenton, Michigan
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel is next to a trucking company, and some gas stations. There are no restaurants close.
The hotel clerk was not even there when we checked out. And when we arrived the 3 cookies were in a cookie jar... not very welcoming. All the bananas were mushy at breakfast, and the I didn't care if the breakfast was "free" the quality of the food was Poor. It's an old hotel.
I won't go back; go a couple miles down the road to a town called Pooler where you'll find new hotels, good restaurants, and plenty of shopping. Sorry, but this is not a good value.

Room Tip: Want a good room? Go to another hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
CarlsonRezidor, Specialist, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Savannah I-95 North, responded to this review, 17 May 2014

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact Corporate Customer Care.