We arrived at this hotel after another eight to nine hour drive and were feeling road weary. Despite arriving after 6:00 PM we were told that housekeeping hadn't quite finished our room and we'd have to wait. This seemed very strange, but the hotel seemed new and the front desk person was friendly so we patiently waited.
The physical structure seemed new and clean, but something seemed off. We finally got to our room and it was clean and nicely furnished. The housekeeper was still cleaning our neighboring rooms despite it being three hours past check-in.
Why I gave this hotel only two stars is because of what I saw the next morning. I went to breakfast and saw that they front desk person was also the breakfast person. Strange. As I made my coffee I saw a notice from the health department. I couldn't help but read the report and one of the issues was a lack of hand washing facilities (or something like that). I then glanced over and saw the front desk woman taking out the breakfast area trash. OK. As she was taking out the trash someone asked her about getting more eggs. You could sense her frustration, but she said she'd get to it after taking out the trash. So my mind started to process. Health report. Hand washing. I wonder if this worker is going to wear gloves when getting the food? Sadly, as I walked over she wasn't using gloves and it didn't look like she had washed her hands after taking out the trash. Ugh. I might be jumping to conclusions or just plain wrong, but this is one of those situations when you pray you don't get sick by a lack of cleanliness from the food worker.
This was kind of our entire experience at the hotel. Something seemed off. The next morning as we were leaving one of the housekeepers actually had their baby with them as they were cleaning the rooms. Granted there may have been a childcare issue that morning and glad the housekeeper felt they could bring their little one to work with them, but we got the sense that there were lots of unusual situations like this happening at this hotel.
Crazy thing is the previous night we had a stayed in a much older Country Inns & Suites in Fredericksburg and it was one of the nicest hotels we've ever stayed in. Another proof that you can't judge a hotel by it's exterior.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Country Inn & Suites, I-95 North (Port Wentworth) welcomes you to a smooth check-in in our cozy lobby and comfortable rooms. Complimentary hot breakfast served daily to start your mornings right. Our heated indoor pool and hot tubs are just some of the added amenities we have to offer. Let our staff make your stay a memorable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Expedia so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Savannah I-95 North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn & Suites Savannah i-95 North Hotel Port Wentworth
- Country Inn And Suites Savannah i-95 North
- Country Inn Port Wentworth
- Port Wentworth Country Inn