“Good place to stay for a low price”

Super 8 Port Wentworth Savannah Area
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Port Wentworth
Manchester, NH
“Good place to stay for a low price”
Reviewed 19 December 2011

Pretty good for a budget hotel. The door and the curtains looked very worn, but not in a way that compromised safety. Wireless internet was slow, and I was only a few rooms from the office. But it worked. Everything was clean and comfortable, and the bathroom fixtures, TV, fridge and microwave were relatively new. Location is great, and the staff was very nice and helpful. The only real disadvantage to me is that there are no fire sprinklers (at least in my room on the first floor). It's only two stories and has no interior corridors, but that's just a "thing" for me.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 15 September 2011

very clean and modern for an Super 8, its a decent location thats safe and off a main street

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 9 September 2011

Hello,

I wanted to send the Supper 8 hotel a big thumbs up for their great service last month when my family and I visited the Savannah area. The staff was very friendly and the rooms we very well kept up. The breakfast was always prepare at the scheduled time. Also, the hotel is located next to two nice restaurants. My family and I would like to recommend the Super 8.

Mr. Brown

Room Tip: make sure to memtion that you are a Super * card holder and they establishment will give you a 5%-10...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Bloomingdale, Georgia
Reviewed 8 September 2011

When me and my husband stayed at the Super 8 it was nicer then some other places we have stayed. The room was very clean and the, we also enjoyed the pool. The people who worked why we were there were very nice and helpful. I would stay there again in the future.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Ridgeland, South Carolina
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Okay, this isn't the Hilton, obviously, but I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The rooms are laid back and not overbearing. They will need to be updated one day. But for it being a Super 8, not bad at all. It was a convenient location seconds from I-95, with restaurants and stores right there. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. When I come back into town, I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
Orlando, FL
Reviewed 28 October 2010

Close to the interstate and restaurants. Clean room and comfortable bed. Everything was in working order. Breakfast was good and staff was very courteous.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
Orlando
Reviewed 16 July 2010

We were worried about some of the reviews...but once we got there things were enjoyable! Three nights outside of Savannah for around 150...rooom was clean, beds comfortable...fridge and microwave in all rooms...ac was a little testy (either cold cold cold or luke warm...) but all said and done we were comfortable there. Non smoking room was just that...you can not hear the trucks at all...it is a little away from 95 so the noise is almost non existant!
A few more things we liked....yummy free breakfast including waffles you can make fresh...pool was decent (clean but no frills of course) and the kids swam a lot...STAFF was super nice (am and pm for all 4 days!) and met all of our needs like extra towels and coffee...room was big enough to have the two beds and put an air matress so kids didn't have to share a bed...
Things we lived with but didn't love...ac like I mentioned, and during the week construction workers stay (they are friendly, but smoke by the pool)...weekend was mostly families though

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family