“Clean and comfortable.”

Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Port Wentworth
Orlando, FL
“Clean and comfortable.”
Reviewed 28 October 2010

Close to the interstate and restaurants. Clean room and comfortable bed. Everything was in working order. Breakfast was good and staff was very courteous.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Orlando
Reviewed 16 July 2010

We were worried about some of the reviews...but once we got there things were enjoyable! Three nights outside of Savannah for around 150...rooom was clean, beds comfortable...fridge and microwave in all rooms...ac was a little testy (either cold cold cold or luke warm...) but all said and done we were comfortable there. Non smoking room was just that...you can not hear the trucks at all...it is a little away from 95 so the noise is almost non existant!
A few more things we liked....yummy free breakfast including waffles you can make fresh...pool was decent (clean but no frills of course) and the kids swam a lot...STAFF was super nice (am and pm for all 4 days!) and met all of our needs like extra towels and coffee...room was big enough to have the two beds and put an air matress so kids didn't have to share a bed...
Things we lived with but didn't love...ac like I mentioned, and during the week construction workers stay (they are friendly, but smoke by the pool)...weekend was mostly families though

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Philadelphia, PA
Reviewed 8 July 2010

Stayed here one night while traveling elsewhere on I-95. With a coupon available at any rest stop or travel plaza, total cost for two people was $45. Room had a king bed, air conditioning, free wi-fi, mini-fridge, microwave, phone, in-room iron, and TV with 58 channels. Amenities included free breakfast and pool. The room was clean, quiet, and well-maintained. Staff was professional and courteous. The motel is right off the freeway, and several chain stores and restaurants are nearby.

A stay at any chain motel on the freeway won't capture the charm and elegance of a city like Savannah. But if you need a good price for what you get while going down the road, or a place to relax for a day or so, this is a fine choice.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 19 June 2010

My daughter and two young grand daughters were traveling back from a lovely stay in the Stay Bridge Inn and Suites in Yorktown Virginia to our home in Florida. Long story short, it was late and we had become too tired to continue driving and pulled off the highway to get a room and some sleep. We had never stayed at a Super 8 and will never stay there again. The room smelled musty and was dirty and worn out. The curtains were barely hanging off the windows. There were only two much worn bath towels for four people. The carpet was so dirty and felt like it had an oil coating on it. The bottom of my feet were so dirty I had to wash then off and put my shoes back on before I could get into bed. My grand daughter’s had to wear their shoes the next morning as we tried to hurry, get a quick shower, and leave this filthy room. We were told that there was some kind of free breakfast in the morning but after seeing the room and hotel in the “awake” light of morning we chose not to eat there. When I checked out I told the man on desk duty about the filthy room and especially the carpet, bedding and towels. He just said OK and handed me my credit card back. After arriving home I had to call the Super 8 again because my credit card was charger to much. I took the opportunity to tell the person answering the phone about the filthy conditions in Room 106. Oh he said, I remember that room, we had a construction work stay in that room for months and the room did not get a chance to be cleaned often,,,YUCK!!! Why would they put a decent family in a room like that!!! My thinking is that all their rooms were probably similar, that room was not the exception. Never again will I stay in a Super 8, When ever I hear Super 8 I will think of the name Super Dirty!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Port Wentworth hotels

USA
Reviewed 18 October 2009

I stayed here once before...and it was a 3 out of 5 stars. I have returned tonight ..this time with my kids to get away from it all. I was put in a room that is not acceptable for a mother and little kids. I asked to be close to the office...but I have been put way round the back...smh. The door is not secure. It looks like some has recently kicked it in (also I noticed they have replaced the bathroom door with a big heavy wood material that hit my son's foot). It seems they need to do a lil painting over the mold (sad face). The telephone has a wet and nasty looking substance all over it. I may be mistaken but it also looks like this place has been fingerprinted due to I see that black dust stuff on certain items in the room. I hear my neighbors being extra loud talking about guns and what not...whewwwwww. It seems I should have asked to change but I was ignorant and did not want to be a pest. So now I sit here praying that I dont have an incident. (I think I am in the hood part of the hotel).

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
fremont, ca
Reviewed 7 October 2009

It was nice looking for a Super 8 and the staff was nice at the front desk.
Service was good.
Gave us everything we needed for the room for our kids and older family members.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Kansas
Reviewed 6 August 2009

OMG! Let me start by saying I've never stayed at such a dumpy place, nor did we stay the night here. We were in the room long enough to make a list of all that was wrong with the room. Then, out we went! Immediately walking in to the room you are taken back by the stintch of mold and mildew. The security lock was broken off the door. The walls are covered with dirt and stains. The light switch that is suppose to operate the lamps didn't work. There was an unplugged alarm clock along with an electrical outlet that didn't even work. This was a room that appeared to never have been cleaned or updated. There was dust on the surfaces as well as cobwebs under the edge of the beds. Best part was the bed. The stains and knife holes were definately the highlight of our "stay". I haven't even mentioned the bathroom. Definately not a place for anyone who cares for hygiene. The room was dirty. We've stayed in Super 8's before. Never have we ever experienced anything like this. When we first walked in we immediately called the front desk. There were cleaning supplies along with a file folder and another room key laying on the table. We ended up getting a room at a different motel across the way. When we left, there were a couple of men changing rooms and a trucker going to sleep in his truck. --- Super 8: Get It Together!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family