“Monte's Pizza Hwy 30 is OPEN and is great!”
Review of Monte's Pizzeria - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Monte's Pizzeria
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

Monte's Pizza on Hwy 30 is great!!! Monte's II @ Food Lion shopping center was closed recently by the owner because he could not personally be at both locations at the same time. So he chose to keep Hwy 30 shop open for his loyal, regular customers. The owner personally prepares the food and the owner cares and caters to the South Effingham residents and we love and appreciate him.

3  Thank Dee K

Reviewed 16 October 2013

Unfortunately, they are now closed. I would have given them an above average but not very good. Monte still has his 1st place (Monte's Convenience Store) on Rt 30 about 8 miles away and that is very good!

1  Thank Scott Y
Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

After a day at the beach, Monte's was just what we were looking for. This quaint, family run pizzeria serves everything from pizza, pasta, and salads to wings. Pizza was excellent! Service was great and very friendly. Will be back.

Reviewed 17 May 2013

Let's just say I know pizza. I make them for my paycheck. Montes pizza regaurdless of what the above reviews say is horrible. I live near the area and Montes is always empty. Now we know why. My boyfriend and I decided to give it a try. We ordered a steak and cheese sub and a ham and pineapple stromboli. It took 45 minutes. He cooked the steak and veggies for the sub by running it through the pizza convection oven. The steak was in the form of a cheap patty that turned an odd color of grey when cooked. The dough used is tasteless and flakes. Not even the over abundance of spices he used could save it. I tried the pizza sauce by itself before dipping my stromboli. The sauce is literally flavourless. All and all it was the worst resturaunt experience I've ever had.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

Stayed overnight in Port Wentworth on our way to Florida and ordered a large pepperoni pizza....it was great!