Inn at Mulberry Grove
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Savannah Inn(Port Wentworth)
View Hotel
All reviewsroom was cleanwaffleslow pricebiscuits and gravyeasy drivewaffle makerstaff was friendlycontinental breakfastfront desk clerkcereallinensexitsacmilesinterstate
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Really disappointed when we arrived as the Mulberry Inn was not as good as described on the internet. It stated that it was refurbished in 2013 but could not notice any improvement, Room was dark unless the drapes were drawn back, but because of outside doors on a walkway this was not suitable. Breakfast was poor too. Staff were friendly and room was clean on the plus side. Would not stay here again but will pay extra and have a more modern hotel.

Room Tip: Book a different hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dave P
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Perfect place to stay and visit area attractions. Can you pay more and get a nicer room? Probably, but if all you need is a place to sleep while you explore the sights, this is excellent value. Staff courteous and professional, breakfast is good, (try the waffles), rooms clean.

I'll return again whenever visiting Savannah and Hilton Head.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 May 2014 via mobile

We booked through Priceline, so were going into this blind. When we arrived, I was pleased with the accommodations, and the staff was super friendly. The rooms are outdated but who cares. I'm staying one night, not moving in. The housekeepers do need to vacuum or sweep in the crevices around the wall, but other than that the room was clean. Towels are small, so if you are large, ask for extras. The breakfast includes anything you could want. Eggs, sausage, grits, gravy, biscuits, cereal, waffles, etc. juices, milk and coffee as well. I will say this hotel is across the street from a very popular truck stop, so bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper. I am and was awake a lot. Pillows are lacking as well, but there were plenty so I stacked them to get comfy. Hairdryer, Fridge and coffee maker but no microwave in room. Water pressure is great on second floor. I would stay again at the price I paid.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Karen N
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were bitten by bedbugs when we stay there. We asked one of the staff in that hotel and she said that they had it before. We don't know why there are so many good reviews of this hotel. The bedbugs that we saw are large ones. Very disgusting. Be careful!

Room Tip: If you choose to stay in this hotel. Check the bed carefully.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sophia H
Andy M, General Manager at Inn at Mulberry Grove, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Guest,

We were as upset as you were when you told us you were bitten by bed bugs. Since your incident, we have had the room taken out of service and have had the room professionally treated by a licensed pest control company.

Unfortunately, bed bugs are actually brought into the property by travelers and are not a local problem. A guest staying at one hotel may unconsciously transport bugs from one property to another. Bed bugs do travel.

We apologize for the trouble this incident has caused you. I understand that not only was your room refunded but also the room of the friend you were travelling with. In addition it is my understanding that certain personal items are also being replaced by the property.

Apologies from all the staff at the hotel once again.

Andy M.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Overall it was a good place to stay. We only slept there, otherwise we were exploring the historic district of Savannah. The beds were sleepable but nothing amazing. The floors felt a little sticky. Room smelled a little smokey even though it was non-smoking, For what we paid I would go back but I would like to be closer to downtown next time if the price is right. The breakfast was good!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple