“Not staying there again....” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Inn at Mulberry Grove

Inn at Mulberry Grove
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Port Wentworth
Miami, FL
“Not staying there again....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2010

We had made reservations w/ requests. They did acommodate our three parties in adjacent rooms, but two of them didn't have a fridge that we NEEDED!....My door key didnt work and had to go back to lobby to change it. It was cold and dark and with kids...I know it's a small detail, but still an annoyance. When coming into the room ,it seemed ok.....BUT....as we settled in....a funny smell kept creeping up....The room smelled like sweaty feet!!!...No kidding!!!!.....Another minor detail I didnt like was the fact that the toilet seat in the bathroom did not have a lid....It sounds silly, but with kids you need that thing closed!.....There were not enough towels also......Noise wise was pretty good. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was ok; sitting was kinda tiny.....All I know is I'm not staying there again; my personal experience. And I know people write more of the negative experiences than the positive ones, but for this hotel I felt I had to warn people and let them know they are better off staying somewhere else.....

Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank alka33

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2010

We ended up here by sheer luck after a bad experience at the hotel next to them. Our first impression was very favorable, as the desk clerk was friendly and there were no check in problems here.

The rooms did have outside doors, but unlike other reviews we did not notice a ton of noise from outside at all.

Rooms was large, clean, and comfy, with LOTS of outlets - and high up on the walls. My husband was very impressed with that. lol

There was sink outside the bathroom, shelves a plenty, fridge, and coffeepot

Breakfast was hot breakfast. Waffle makers, bisquits and gravy, eggs, sausage, grits, cereal, juice, and fruit. Plenty of food and fresh made

The staff was just great, from check in to check out, and the breakfast area staff. All were friendly and just very nice.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Badnana2006
Salem, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2010

We stayed at the Inn at Mulberry Grove for two nights while visiting Savannah. We were very impressed with the room quality for what we paid for the room. It was very nice, clean, and everyone there was friendly. The breakfast was good with biscuits, gravy, grits, eggs, waffles, cereal, and apples to choose from.
We were extremely pleased with the stay. The hotel is about 10 minutes from downtown and an easy drive into the city. Oh and the beds were very very comfortable!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank masbus
Waterloo, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2010

We bet through hotwire and got a very decent price of $39.99. For this price, I had low expectation, and the hotel actually exceeded my expectation in many ways, so I felt it was a very good choice we've made.
The hotel is about 20km from the Historic District of Savannah, so it is only suitable of you travel by car.
The staff working was friendly. I definitely appreciate the Southern hospitality.
Room is clean with a faint smell of something, but it doesn't bother me that much. The bed was comfortable and it came with everything you'd expect from a hotel.
Next morning we enjoyed the complimentary breakfast, which includes sausage, eggs, biscuits....very typical Southern food. Delicious and fresh.

Overall, I think some of the negative reviews are unfair and too extreme. It is a cheap hotel, so you really shouldn't expect 5 star services and rooms.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank monkeybutt88
dallas, GA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2010

This is not a 2.5 star hotel; it's a motel with outside door entry. Eighteen wheel trucks parked in vacant lot adjacent to motel so it's noisy.
The room is okay but linens were worn out and needed to be replaced. i will say, the blackout curtain are great in the room, nice a dark.
Cleaning crew left a washrag in the toilet.
Breakbar in the lobby has maybe 5 tables and that's crowded. Forget carrying on a conversation.
NO SWIMMING POOL - so not a place for a family visiting Savannah.
No exercise facilities.
Closet for office.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Port Wentworth hotels

Poplar Bluff, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2010

We booked our room through priceline for two days. When we arrived we were informed that the online price did not include children. We were charged $10 per day per child, which amounted to about $45 more than we had already paid through priceline. We couldn't cancel our reservation because Priceline did not care what the hotel did (they already had our money). We were very upset! There is not a pool, the breakfast area is in the lobby, there is a sign in the room to be quiet after ten, and we were only allowed four bath towels, two hand towels, and two wash cloths per day. The beds were old and were very uncomfortable. When children wake up complaining about the bed, you know it is bad!! The room doors are on the outside, and it is VERY close to the interstate. The motel was not even close to being full, but yet we were put on the second floor at the top of the stairs. We were able to hear every person that entered or left their room. They also put an envelope in our room for us to tip the person who cleaned our room. There is no way that this should be listed as a 2 1/2 star hotel. This was the worst 2 days of our trip!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2010

We are currently staying here (day 2 of 4) and so far, it's been great. We had a late check-in and our first room didn't have a refrigerator, but as soon as I told the front desk clerk, she apologized and switched our room - no hassles at all. The staff has been very friendly, the rooms clean, and the location just off I-95 is very convenient. Also, breakfast this morning (served until 9:30) was far better than what I normally see when I'm on the road - biscuits and sausage gravy, waffles, eggs, sausage, grits, cereal, toast, fresh fruit, juice and coffee. Since our third night is free, the price is very budget friendly.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends