“Management”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Port Wentworth
Fredericktown, Missouri
“Management”
Reviewed 22 May 2014

The manager at this hotel needs some serious education in handling stress, maintaining the property and enforcing the rules of the hotel. The hot tub was barely warm and the manager lost his temper with the guests while trying to deal with a problem concerning the computer and registration of the guests. When a couple checked in with a very well behaved dog the manager would not allow them to stay due to the size of the dog. The rule states that dogs are only allowed under 20 pounds and it was questionable that the dog was under the limit. However, the manager was so irate he called the local police and had the guests removed from the hotel. If we had not prepaid for the room and would have lost our money we would have chosen to go elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Comfort_Suites466, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Thank you for taking time to post your comments. We are sorry that you had see the confrontation between the manager and the guest. we have a hard and fast rule for pet policy, no pet over 20 lbs and the guest was asked and informed. inspite of that guest did not tell the truth. we do this for the protection of other guest. Since the guest did not tell the truth he was asked nicely to ck out and he don't have to pay anything but the guest instead that will not ck out and started using profanity, that why we had to take steps to have him removed.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed in room 317. The font desk lady was friendly and experienced. The hotel is old and updated. It is utterly charmless but completely functional and clean. After 19 days on the road, it was the worst breakfast. Still, for the money, I'd stay there again if I was just passing through.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
steve i, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Guest,

comfort suite savannah north
gm
comfort suites
Margate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

On arrival because the computer system was playing up, the man on reception, I now realise was the general manager called Steve was shouting at an IT guy on the phone, and getting frustrated that his computers were not working properly. I am sure it can be frustrating, but a reception desk in front of guests is not the place to do this. Eventually we got a room, took some lunch and on the way back, he was screaming at another guest, because he insists that his dog was over the 20lb limit. And insisted that the mans wife had lied when she gave details and got the room. So in the middle of a public area he shouted "get the dog on these scales, if he us under 20 you stay, if over you go !" so I defended the man on the receiving end of this verbal attack, and the way he was being treated, and Steve told me to "butt out of things that don't concern me" well as it was going on in a public area it did concern me, and he continued to be rude towards me. The dog was probably border line regarding the weight, but I am not sure what a 21lb dog does that a 19lb doesn't, he simply shouted back "it is my policy" The guy told him that he was an ignorant pig, and he had never been treated like that before, quite a mild reaction under the circumstances. so the manager called the police would you believe. I didn't get to speak to the couple again as they had been evicted even though he was leaving anyway. I have never witnessed such rudeness from ANY business towards it's clients like that, and to think this Steve is the manager as well! I asked for his name and have made an official complaint to his head office.
He is generally unfriendly having watched him since, and simply says " Thank you Sir" to any comment, in a very condescending, and uncaring manner. On checking out, he asked if everything was ok? I told him he was a very rude man, and needs to be more respectful towards his guests. He replied "Thank you Sir, I will do my best" Sadly, whilst the hotel is Ok, this man makes it not even people friendly, never mind pet friendly. Looking at other reviews it seems we were not the only people on the receiving end of his rudeness, but he always replies, by blaming the guest. On this ocassion, there were witnesses both to the verbal attack on me, as well as this poor couple from Ontario

4 Thank delard50
Thank you for taking time to post your comments. we sorry that you had witness the loud discussion between the it people and myself. since the computers are on the front desk and so i had carry on the discussion on the desk and you have no knowledge of the conversation on the other end. as for as the dog is concern, we generally we don't asked people put the dog on the scale but he kept insisting it is under 20 lbs I yet to Alaskan husky under 20 lbs this must be at least 50 and you said yourself we asked the lady up front and she did not tell the truth. We them nicely to ck out at no cost. You said it your self he call me ignorant pig. If some calls you pig after you ask them nicely even though they are at fault how would you feel.
Port Saint Joe, Florida
Reviewed 19 April 2014

It is a shame that the management here is so awful. The motel itself is actually nice, but you feel like you are a inconvenience to the management by being there. They are there for one reason only, money. They do not care about your stay at all. Why Steve is in the hospitality business is a mystery to me, it is clear that he does not like people. And just a little hint, you might want to pick up the big roach that has been laying outside the elevator for the entire 4 days we stayed. I am sure he is still there!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else where you will be treated with some hospitality.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TNS1266
steve i, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Dear Guset,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to our online survey, we appreciate it very much.

We apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay and do apologize
for the managements cutomer care service.

If you will try us one more time, we shall make amends and you will be happy with our
service.

Wesley Chapel, Florida
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed at this location twice on a recent trip to PA. Beds were comfortable and I love the offering of both soft and firm pillows. I like having a sitting area partially divided from bed. Rooms were clean and breakfast was good, but dining area was crowded. My only suggestion might be to re-evaluate the order of things at the breakfast bar. It would be more efficient if items were placed differently. Staff was friendly and restaurant across parking lot was excellent and convienent.

Room Tip: Some rooms have fridge and microwave, while others don't. Might want to ask.
1 Thank 924dianep
Comfort_Suites466, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Thank you for taking time to post your views. we appriciate you time and kind words. We will look in your suggetion about re arranging the breakfast.
Laurel, Delaware
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We have stayed here twice. We went back the second time because the first time was such a good experience. When we were there the first time, our uncle fell in the lobby, and Steve and staff went out of the way
to assist us. This motel is exceptionally clean, has an exercise room, an indoor pool and a spacious area for a good breakfast. As we continue to travel, we plan to make this one of our motels of choice.

Room Tip: Next door to the Comfort Suites is a delicious family restaurant
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Gary H
Comfort_Suites466, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you for taking time to pst your view about our hotel wehighly appriciate it and look forward to see you again.
Pearland, Texas
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed here in Dec 2013 and I recently brought a group to this hotel on March25-27, 2014. When we checked in Sharon at the front desk was ready for us and as usual very friendly.
She had all of our room keys ready and marked with each persons name on the key holder (which was a very big help to me). She greeted everyone with a smile. The rooms were very comfortable and the breakfast was very good. Hiro one of the manages was on at night and was very helpful as well. Steve the other manager was on in the morning and greeted everyone with kindness.
When I bring a group back through this area or just coming alone I will definitely stay here again.
Thank you for the kindness you all showed to my group. SH

Room Tip: All rooms are good
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank S H
steve i, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear S H,,